Check your account email address ×

Oh no jobs report Way better than expected

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The haircut thing is a joke. All out of spite Towards the man from Owosso

Michigan and New Jersey are the only two states not allowing salons/barbers to open but on June 10th our region and The UP can open. Agreed that it’s stupid as fuck.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Lets hope it moves even faster.   You do realize that more has already been spent than the entire time after the 08/09 collapse, 3 trillion in QE in 7 weeks along with another 3 trillion in stimulus, predicted to cost 5 to 8 times the amount from the 08/09 collapse, this is from EH.   Not to mention the FED balance sheet at record highs, this kind of spending bothered you before but not now, ponderous.

numbers confuse this crew

Everyone looked puzzled and thought I had misspoken," Furman said in an interview. Instead of forecasting a prolonged Depression-level economic catastrophe, Furman laid out a detailed case for why the months preceding the November election could offer Trump the chance to brag -- truthfully -- about the most explosive monthly employment numbers and gross domestic product growth ever.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Everyone looked puzzled and thought I had misspoken," Furman said in an interview. Instead of forecasting a prolonged Depression-level economic catastrophe, Furman laid out a detailed case for why the months preceding the November election could offer Trump the chance to brag -- truthfully -- about the most explosive monthly employment numbers and gross domestic product growth ever.

Yep and it will only cost 7 to 9 trillion, great deal.  Where is that don't tread on me tea party now?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

create a disaster then take credit for the recovery-  Trumps a mad genius.  

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep and it will only cost 7 to 9 trillion, great deal.  Where is that don't tread on me tea party now?

Was costing that regardless despite the economy once we dug our heels into to safe some 80+ year olds.  Just as well have a good economy and a good stock market to show for that 7-9 trillion

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Was costing that regardless despite the economy once we dug our heels into to safe some 80+ year olds.  Just as well have a good economy and a good stock market to show for that 7-9 trillion

I know Trumps spending was out of control, but this is a whole new level.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Anler said:

Who is wishing for a bad jobs report? Open all of this shit up now. If you are happy about 2.5 million out of the 30+million unemployed being back to work you are DAF. 

All Democrats

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Im thinking we recover rather quickly.....glad I rebought stocks when I did......timing should bode well come November election

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

create a disaster then take credit for the recovery-  Trumps a mad genius.  

Yes he created Covid19....smh

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I know Trumps spending was out of control, but this is a whole new level.

Ya.  It’s good that McConnell has shelved that Pelosi spending bill for a few months to let the first one get fully spent and see the results

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya.  It’s good that McConnell has shelved that Pelosi spending bill for a few months to let the first one get fully spent and see the results

Yes, but at this point after spending all Trump has spent not sure it matters. What's a few more trillion?

5 hours ago, Snake said:

depression or a 2 decade repayment plan.....

either/or.....

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your are a fuckin idiot.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Michigan and New Jersey are the only two states not allowing salons/barbers to open but on June 10th our region and The UP can open. Agreed that it’s stupid as fuck.

I haven't shaved in 3 months.  Starting to look a little like that dude on Duck Dynasty.  But I'll fit in with the locals next year in Moose RIver, so there's an upside.  :lol: 

6 hours ago, 1jkw said:

what do you think should have been done?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

washington_post_grim_milestone_20_percen

Not wishing for bad news or anything like that.  WaPo….the defacto Washington insider paper.  Relegated to a completely corrupt propagandist rag promoting the globalist agenda and delegitimizing anyone who stands in the way of it

52 minutes ago, frenchy said:

depression or a 2 decade repayment plan.....

either/or.....

The analysts I listen to all agree that there wasn't much choice in the matter, given the unprecedented e brake given to working families and the economy.  As it is the average family has had a significant impact.  I think we all did.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

The analysts I listen to all agree that there wasn't much choice in the matter, given the unprecedented e brake given to working families and the economy.  As it is the average family has had a significant impact.  I think we all did.

I agree. I simply think the depression era ideology has gone the way of the dodo and massive liquid injections into the economy are the new norm, and probably the lesser of 2 evils.

However it wasn't accepted as such by many 10 years ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I agree. I simply think the depression era ideology has gone the way of the dodo and massive liquid injections into the economy are the new norm, and probably the lesser of 2 evils.

However it wasn't accepted as such by many 10 years ago. 

:bc:  Went out to eat for the first time in 3 months tonight.  Place was packed, but it was outside dining.  I think people want to get on with their lives.  Covid, ok whatever we'll take our chances.  

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:bc:  Went out to eat for the first time in 3 months tonight.  Place was packed, but it was outside dining.  I think people want to get on with their lives.  Covid, ok whatever we'll take our chances.  

still lockdown here until the 9th. Think/hope it opens up after that I am dying to just sit on a patio. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

giphy.gif

I haven't shaved in 3 months.  Starting to look a little like that dude on Duck Dynasty.  But I'll fit in with the locals next year in Moose RIver, so there's an upside.  :lol: 

what do you think should have been done?

Not wishing for bad news or anything like that.  WaPo….the defacto Washington insider paper.  Relegated to a completely corrupt propagandist rag promoting the globalist agenda and delegitimizing anyone who stands in the way of it

Boot straps bitches.  Remember how you and all the tea party cried about spending?    

Trump out spent Obama before this virus hit, nearly doubled the deficit and with all his reckless spending and tax cuts still only managed a 2.1 GDP in the 4th quarter. Now that a real problem hit, Trump has spent more than the entire amount spent after the 08/09 collapse in a few months, record debt, record deficit, and record FED balance sheet with no end in sight, no end to buying useless paper to keep the stock market alive, ( I know why this would make you happy) this is why I hope Trump wins, no way will Republicans allow a Dem. to spend the amount needed to avoid a worse situation.   

I watched Ed Hyman a few nights ago, he stated that the reason the market has responded is due to no one being against the spending now, unlike 08/09, and that looking forward it's hard to lose considering the FED will buy anything, and that things are opening up now as opposed to late July like predicted.  He also estimated that this will cost between 5 to 8 times the 08/09 costs.

15 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Boot straps bitches.  Remember how you and all the tea party cried about spending?    

Trump out spent Obama before this virus hit, nearly doubled the deficit and with all his reckless spending and tax cuts still only managed a 2.1 GDP in the 4th quarter. Now that a real problem hit, Trump has spent more than the entire amount spent after the 08/09 collapse in a few months, record debt, record deficit, and record FED balance sheet with no end in sight, no end to buying useless paper to keep the stock market alive, ( I know why this would make you happy) this is why I hope Trump wins, no way will Republicans allow a Dem. to spend the amount needed to avoid a worse situation.   

I watched Ed Hyman a few nights ago, he stated that the reason the market has responded is due to no one being against the spending now, unlike 08/09, and that looking forward it's hard to lose considering the FED will buy anything, and that things are opening up now as opposed to late July like predicted.  He also estimated that this will cost between 5 to 8 times the 08/09 costs.

I guess you missed the "no other choice" part in your zeal to score a political point.  A quick take on a webex today....why the market is performing so well....off the top of my head....savings rates are up 10% in the past month, 30% of that due to the stimulus.  Families are sitting on a lot of cash, they're looking for return on that money. CDs suck, bonds not much better.  Hundreds of billions are flowing into the market, so a good portion of those gains are due to regular folks putting money into the markets.

Edited by DriftBusta

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess you missed the "no other choice" part in your zeal to score a political point.  A quick take on a webex today....why the market is performing so well....off the top of my head....savings rates are up 10% in the past month, 30% of that due to the stimulus.  Families are sitting on a lot of cash, they're looking for return on that money. CDs suck, bonds not much better.  Hundreds of billions are flowing into the market, so a good portion of those gains are due to regular folks putting money into the markets.

markets are performing well because of the massive injections of taxpayer money. No other reason

I don't feel like fighting tonight but this was absolute heresy on these boards in 2008, at a rate of 1/5th of what it is today. 

Just now, frenchy said:

markets are performing well because of the massive injections of taxpayer money. No other reason

I don't feel like fighting tonight but this was absolute heresy on these boards in 2008, at a rate of 1/5th of what it is today. 

Accounts for 30% of the impact from what I've been told.  Still like shooting starting fluid into a motor that hasn't been started in a while.  You still gotta get it started.  

oh good, neither do I  :lol:  :bc:  Remind me what I was saying 12 years ago some other time.  :lol: