Check your account email address ×

Tory taking out the trash!

Sksman

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Those days are gone, we can't build on these massive dumps anymore.  WE have millions of tons going every week its just too much.  Many buildings have methane detectors because of gas leaking up into the buildings.  Pickering has the forever burning hills of methane gas, that isn't good for anyone

If you are all for garbage dumps good for you, I am against them 100%

I went by there just a couple of months ago and there was new construction underway. Whatever it will be it's a multi-storey building.  So much for not building on them anymore.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I went by there just a couple of months ago and there was new construction underway. Whatever it will be it's a multi-storey building.  So much for not building on them anymore.

you went by where? Pickering?  if so the mound is massive, you are not building anything on that.  Would you buy on a methane dump?  I wouldn't or even near one.

You seem to be defending garbage dumps, are you fore them?  or just being you :dunno:

38 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Wasaga also canceled the vote to sell off theirs,  Innisfil and Barrie are also thinking of the same thing

The whole article was focussed on Tory's plan to charge a toll for use on the Gardiner and DVP and you focus in on the single line that says the plan to sell off Toronto Hydro is dead.

Bottom line is we are slowly being taxed to death. Wynnebag says she made a mistake by ignoring the plight of people and business facing skyrocketing hydro rates. Her grand gesture is to cut the 8% HST. At the same time she is adding $04.3 per litre to the cost of gas and $5 a month to natural gas all in the name of climate change in January. :lol:She has High Occupancy Toll Lanes on the QEW.

So now Tory wants to take $300M annually from drivers to pay for something they will likely never use. Things like the Scarborough subway, Smarttrack and a downtown subway relief line.  The report to council is also recommending resurrection of the $60 per vehicle license fee that David Miller put in and Rob Ford eliminated.

Taxpayer pockets aren't bottomless.

I

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

you went by where? Pickering?  if so the mound is massive, you are not building anything on that.  Would you buy on a methane dump?  I wouldn't or even near one.

You seem to be defending garbage dumps, are you fore them?  or just being you :dunno:

I guess I can blame growing up beside one that was a ravine & filled in during the 50s. It really settled since. In some ways the space is wasted. The old Oshawa dump on Ritson Road is a barren fenced in field w/ the methane vents. Too bad they couldn't plant trees on it.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The whole article was focussed on Tory's plan to charge a toll for use on the Gardiner and DVP and you focus in on the single line that says the plan to sell off Toronto Hydro is dead.

Bottom line is we are slowly being taxed to death. Wynnebag says she made a mistake by ignoring the plight of people and business facing skyrocketing hydro rates. Her grand gesture is to cut the 8% HST. At the same time she is adding $04.3 per litre to the cost of gas and $5 a month to natural gas all in the name of climate change in January. :lol:She has High Occupancy Toll Lanes on the QEW.

So now Tory wants to take $300M annually from drivers to pay for something they will likely never use. Things like the Scarborough subway, Smarttrack and a downtown subway relief line.  The report to council is also recommending resurrection of the $60 per vehicle license fee that David Miller put in and Rob Ford eliminated.

Taxpayer pockets aren't bottomless.

He's probably hoping most of the Gardiner & DVP users aren't residents (read voters).

19 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

WRONG AGAIN FAIL The former dump that was on the north side of Steeles Ave. east and west of Kipling Ave. All kinds of sub division housing across the road on the south side. The former dump also includes a public park.

Never said I was in favour of dumps. Just pointing out the inaccuracy of your comment about not building on them. As for Pickering... give it 50 years and see what happens. It was probably about 25 years after the dump at Steeles and Kipling closed that they started construction there.

14 minutes ago, steve6 said:

Conservative?  He has been called John Liberal for quite some time.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

Might be the same spot. That one has been closed for awhile and it's an esso and  tim Hortons now I believe. 

http://m.simcoe.com/news-story/5561279-cashtown-timmy-s-gas-station-ok-d-by-clearview-council

Edited by Reevester