Check your account email address ×

Mail in vs. Absentee ballots.

• Platinum Contributing Member

1. An absentee ballot is one that is requested by the voter.   

2. Mail in balloting refers to everyone getting a ballot by mail whether they want one or not.

Nobody should have an issue with someone who requests to vote by mail.   Even though that method is fraught with issues it pales in comparison to sending everyone a ballot.

If people can't see the issue with this they are blind.   Even Absentee ballots have significant failure rates and those people request them.

Very difficult to ballot harvest absentee ballots.   Not hard at all to do it with mail in ballots as everyone gets them.

Some places have had 15% failure rates of absentee ballots.   The election process would take months and make 2000 in Florida look like child's play.    

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-politics/concerns-growing-over-rejections-vote-mail-ballots

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/us/politics/as-more-vote-by-mail-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

https://www.kdrv.com/content/national/498101411.html

There are way too many people blindly following the narrative that voter fraud is not a big issue.  Everyone should be asking themselves why opinion pieces are out there that try and constantly push this.

Interesting to see the clarification. 

I had to do absentee the last election.  I had to plan ahead too.  It is not a last minute thing.

The procedure for MN seems like it would be very time consuming to process on a large scale.  Envelope with the ballot inside an envelope along with a witness signature form.

I also inadvertently tested the process.  My witness signed the form where it said to print their name.  We decided to "send it", with the mistake already done.  Figured the thing would get rejected with any alteration.  It was rejected because of the signature on the printed line.

I was sent another ballot and witness signature form.

My precinct is mail-in only now.  For the primaries we automatically got our ballots in the mail.  Pretty painless process to mail it in but you always wonder if it actually made it there to be counted.  Certainly having millions of office ballots distributed through an unsecure method like the USPS is ripe for abuse.  At least with the in-person your know it is going into the machine with all the other ballets in that precinct and they know who you are (have to sign in).  

I think requesting an absentee ballet is fine.  Early voting at select locations is good to.  Election day voting for everyone is best.  All in-person done with a valid government ID.  Absentee done with a witness signature.

Mail in voting here is absentee voting and yes you need to fill out an application and because of the current situation they mailed out apps to all residents....Trump had to backtrack and change his tweet because freaked out and said our Sec. Of State mailed out ballots illegally.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Mail in voting here is absentee voting and yes you need to fill out an application and because of the current situation they mailed out apps to all residents....Trump had to backtrack and change his tweet because freaked out and said our Sec. Of State mailed out ballots illegally.

Does Trump know anything?

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Does Trump know anything?

Well he has a problem with Whitmer, Nessel and Benson who is our Sec. of State...3 female Democrats that trigger him so he lashes out like a child.

56 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Everyone needs to request a absentee ballot....simple really.

yes it is so why can't normal protocols be followed.  We already have the system in place for those not comfortable to stand in line.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d sell my vote or my soul for a dollar

take your pick 

Like there was ever a question you were a dime store whore :finger2:and an ultra low IQ lying shitforbrains

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Everyone needs to request a absentee ballot....simple really.

You believed that it was hard to vote only a couple of years ago, now you are saying it's simple to vote.   I really wish you would make up your mind on what narrative you actually believe.

Edited by racer254