Check your account email address ×

Texas, North Carolina, Arizona see rising cases as they reopen

Source: The Hill

Texas, North Carolina and Arizona are among the states seeing rising numbers of coronavirus cases, intensifying concerns as they seek to reopen shuttered economies. 

Texas saw its largest one-day increase in cases on Saturday, with 1,801 new cases. North Carolina also saw its largest single-day jump on Saturday with 853 new cases. And Arizona reported 462 new cases that day, close to a record high. 

The seven-day average in new cases in all three states has also been rising, according to data compiled by The New York Times. 

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/498406-texas-north-carolina-arizona-see-rising-cases-as-they-reopen 

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Business taking a hit?

Mine? Yes. We are still working but with the panic jobs are going super cheap. And I am worried that there wont be any work after this run is over. The commercial side is going to clam up and public work will be dead too with the propanganda politicians playing politics with everything.

Im telling everyone to vote for Trump because he will be the only candidate that can spend us out of this. If Biden wins the republicans will filabuster all new spending. Its gotta be Trump. 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Mine? Yes. We are still working but with the panic jobs are going super cheap. And I am worried that there wont be any work after this run is over. The commercial side is going to clam up and public work will be dead too with the propanganda politicians playing politics with everything.

Im telling everyone to vote for Trump because he will be the only candidate that can spend us out of this. If Biden wins the republicans will filabuster all new spending. Its gotta be Trump. 

Sucks for sure...  weren’t you part of the pro shutdown crowd in the beginning to save some old people?

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yah and when all the mob money laundering and government welfare dries up so does the massive fat Nazi POS :finger2:

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Sucks for sure...  weren’t you part of the pro shutdown crowd in the beginning to save some old people?

No I was hoping more old people would get it actually. I was more worried about the taxing on hospitals, emergency services and food supply. But hindsight it looks like the shut down is worse so I say open up!

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah and when all the mob money laundering and government welfare dries up so does the massive fat Nazi POS :finger2:

Thats when we come for you and your billions! :bigfinger:

dead to me neck finger GIF by Zakk Wylde

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Source: The Hill

Texas, North Carolina and Arizona are among the states seeing rising numbers of coronavirus cases, intensifying concerns as they seek to reopen shuttered economies. 

Texas saw its largest one-day increase in cases on Saturday, with 1,801 new cases. North Carolina also saw its largest single-day jump on Saturday with 853 new cases. And Arizona reported 462 new cases that day, close to a record high. 

The seven-day average in new cases in all three states has also been rising, according to data compiled by The New York Times. 

Read more: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/498406-texas-north-carolina-arizona-see-rising-cases-as-they-reopen 

Impossible to correlate without looking at the increase in testing as well.

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

3% in WI yesterday. Lowest number yet. 5.5 days after opening. 

We’ll have a better picture in 14-21 days. My daughter is on her way home from Marquette for the summer and she is starting work Friday at the Restaurant  she has worked the last 3 or 4 summers...should go well. Reducing seating, paper menus, ect...the manager texted her and said they really need her because the regular wait staff would rather stay home and collect unemployment...SMH. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We’ll have a better picture in 14-21 days. My daughter is on her way home from Marquette for the summer and she is starting work Friday at the Restaurant  she has worked the last 3 or 4 summers...should go well. Reducing seating, paper menus, ect...the manager texted her and said they really need her because the regular wait staff would rather stay home and collect unemployment...SMH. 

When you incentivize people to sit on their ass all day...

:flush: 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

my sons picking up some  hours right now because they are letting some of the FT employees stay on the dole.  He's got 5 days this week so 30 hours or so,  usually he goes FT starting Mem day weekend so we will see what happens starting next.   We are a big tourist town so I am hoping we see a somewhat normal summer.  He needs to make some coin esp if they allow them to do the Italy semester in the spring.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Edmo said:

When you incentivize people to sit on their ass all day...

:flush: 

Yep...proud of my daughter because she wants to go back to work for the Summer and TBH she  doesn’t really need to at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...proud of my daughter because she wants to go back to work for the Summer and TBH she  doesn’t really need to at this point.

Yeah?  Did you get that stimulus money?

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There are a few states that never shut down, how are they doing?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah?  Did you get that stimulus money?

You ask too many questions.