Check your account email address ×

What one vehicle would you buy for $100,000?

8 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Gtr

Screenshot_20200508-225602.png

Yep!!

That would be my choice. Its an incredible machine for the money. 

Probably lose my licence or kill myself in it though.

Currently have a '90 300zx NA 2+2.  100k kms, near mint original with a couple changes. Billy boat exhaust (only because the OEM was NLA) and a stereo upgrade. Piece of shit Bose that was a dumb idea. Had to remove the interior to do it. 

Would love to find a good condition North American TT and massage it to 600hp, but they are hard to find and stupid $$. Maybe Covid will help me out on that one.

Edited by Voodoo

7 hours ago, smokin george said:

If I was gonna spend that kind of money it would be on a Jaguar XKE conv. They're still a pretty sexy car

Father in law had a 2 plus 2, brother in law had a convertible.  Fully restored, by them, down to the last bolt. Sold both for decent money. Still in demand.

Sexy beasts, ahead of their time, just not my cup of British tea.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

If I could find one for 100k used with a few miles....probably one of these.

maxresdefault.jpg

That’s my dream ride brotha. Not green though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

300zx's are super nice. Typical over complicated Japanese 90's but still awesome. 

There is company that makes a conversion to put Chevy LS engines in the 300zx which really solves the problems of the car.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Hmmm,    $100k?

Maybe a '69 Z28, or a '70 Mach 1.  Not really a car guy.

Truthfully I'd probably build one of these. There is a kit for the graphics now so you can turn any Bronco into a Chromatic paint scheme.

image.thumb.png.e5e1333cb4774c9026c75e259e45fb2a.png

I had sold mine 25 years ago to buy a work truck that I started my business with.

193844846_79Bronco.thumb.jpg.3275dfe40ffdf16251ffbc88d9e3d2d3.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tomas. said:

300zx's are super nice. Typical over complicated Japanese 90's but still awesome. 

True that. This thing is an early 90's computer with wheels and an engine...some of it uselessly complicated like the radio, anti-lock brakes and the climate controls. No super hicas thank god.

For a '90 it's pretty high tech, although dated now.

Mine still works as made, but I have to do injector replacement. Everything on this car to be maintained or repaired is many times more hours to do on much else of the era. The OEM service manual for the electronics is just brutal for diagnosis... but I got lucky in the 80's and went to both auto shop and computer class...pretty much skipped everything else lol

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Hmmm,    $100k?

Maybe a '69 Z28, or a '70 Mach 1.  Not really a car guy.

Truthfully I'd probably build one of these. There is a kit for the graphics now so you can turn any Bronco into a Chromatic paint scheme.

image.thumb.png.e5e1333cb4774c9026c75e259e45fb2a.png

I had sold mine 25 years ago to buy a work truck that I started my business with.

193844846_79Bronco.thumb.jpg.3275dfe40ffdf16251ffbc88d9e3d2d3.jpg

That or the CK Blazer...many a night with a box of beer they made it through the creek to the back forty for a campfire. 

17 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

I'd rather have a Supra. 

Super hot MILF next door bought an '85...still remember her and the car. I'd have hit both of them....and there ain't much from the 80's car scene that are worth remembering.

Had an '85 300zx na, bought in around '93...handled pretty good but the HP was lacking.

I reconsider..GM had the GNX and ford had the 5.0 mustangs...they didn't handle worth a shit but they have a cult following and some level of performance that made people look again in the 80's...those 5 litre mustangs made the jeeps look good for handling..but they did go quick in a straight line.

Edited by Voodoo

8 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Super hot MILF next door bought an '85...still remember her and the car. I'd have hit both of them....and there ain't much from the 80's car scene that are worth remembering.

Had an '85 300zx na, bought in around '93...handled pretty good but the HP was lacking.

euro cars from the 80's at least had some decent design even though by todays standard they are slow.  

17 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

There is company that makes a conversion to put Chevy LS engines in the 300zx which really solves the problems of the car.

LS is the solution to all sorts of old vehicle problems of almost every make.  

For sure.

The last sport bike I owned was a '89 zx 10..bike I could not afford at 19 years old...good for 280 kmh rung right out...140 hp. 

New version of that bike is 200hp and at least 100 pounds less....the super bike of that version is pretty crazy.

This is a not the production machine but still pretty cool....

• Like 1