Check your account email address ×

The economy is fucked.

Seriously fucked. How many years will it take to pull out of this? Im thinking 3-5 before we start seeing real growth. Just based on historical data. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Seriously fucked. How many years will it take to pull out of this? Im thinking 3-5 before we start seeing real growth. Just based on historical data. 

National debt will be 250% of gdp by then

• Platinum Contributing Member

It's been said here many times, if the economy takes a shit Trump won't be re-elected. But the DNC still only has Biden so... :dunno: 

Just now, f7ben said:

National debt will be 250% of gdp by then

They are going to have to spend their way out of this. Which kinda lends to what you and I have been saying forever that if our economy was so great before why was it necessary to increase spending and lower interest rates? Now the rates will most likely go negative which will really start to piss people off when their banks start charging them for using their own money. Also look for local taxes to skyrocket and we already have really high taxes around here. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

It's been said here many times, if the economy takes a shit Trump won't be re-elected. But the DNC still only has Biden so... :dunno: 

If the dems ran a deccent candidate I might agree with you. But nobody has any confidence in Biden. The Trump campaign will paint him as brain dead idiot, and that wont tanke alot of convincing. Plus the MAGA is still strong in Murica

1 minute ago, Anler said:

They are going to have to spend their way out of this. Which kinda lends to what you and I have been saying forever that if our economy was so great before why was it necessary to increase spending and lower interest rates? Now the rates will most likely go negative which will really start to piss people off when their banks start charging them for using their own money. Also look for local taxes to skyrocket and we already have really high taxes around here. 

This will simply serve to put under a microscope how trump lead the country like his business. Debt after more debt. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

This will simply serve to put under a microscope how trump lead the country like his business. Debt after more debt. 

Well you cant entirely blame Trump, this problem was started long ago and this is just the maturation of massive debt spending due to massive greed and corruption. currencies in other countries are flat lining, that will compound everything. I smell a world war coming up. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well you cant entirely blame Trump, this problem was started long ago and this is just the maturation of massive debt spending due to massive greed and corruption. currencies in other countries are flat lining, that will compound everything. I smell a world war coming up. 

I think Donny should be able to try his hand at a world war. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I think Donny should be able to try his hand at a world war. 

Well he is like a war time president... 

• Haha 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

It could possibly be the shortest world war in the history of the country. 

Nobody knows world war like he does, believe me. 

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Can you fucking believe that? Every Festival or event from now until September and later is canceled. Don't go to your second home, stay inside, don't gather recommendations but don't mind us bringing in thousands of people from around the country to hold our convention.  Sounds fucking legit.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jammin said:

Can you fucking believe that? Every Festival or event from now until September and later is canceled. Don't go to your second home, stay inside, don't gather recommendations but don't mind us bringing in thousands of people from around the country to hold our convention.  Sounds fucking legit.

They have a mindset that they are the ELITE class and could give 2 shits about the people they may bother.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

That's not what the article says, for some reason I that you didn't score well in reading comprehension when in school.

BTW, conventions are very good for business and it would be shame if conditions dictate that it has to be a virtual convention.

Perez said the party did not have a so-called drop-dead date to decide whether to move forward with an in-person convention as opposed to switching to a virtual event.

Wisconsin is among several states where Democrats are moving to virtual events in state conventions. The state party is holding a virtual convention June 12.

"We're going to continue every week to monitor the situation on the ground," Perez said. "What we have found in the course of our work is that the City of Milwaukee has been incredibly flexible, the business community, everyone that we have worked with, they have understood that we're in an unprecedented situation and everybody needs to be flexible."

Perez said the party was able to move reservations at hotels and work collaboratively with the owners of the Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Forum and other facilities.

2 hours ago, jammin said:

John, I implore you to not ever take anything that simpleton posts as being true before fact checking it yourself :bc:

• Like 1