Check your account email address ×

60,000 deaths in 35 days.

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Shit ya know if this China Flu wipes out the entire population over age 75, we could all start collecting S.S. earlier and larger checks.  I'm all for it. Let's unleash Covid 2.0.

lets see how many you offend with that comment :news:  

On 5/1/2020 at 9:45 AM, Fireball 440 said:

Shit ya know if this China Flu wipes out the entire population over age 75, we could all start collecting S.S. earlier and larger checks.  I'm all for it. Let's unleash Covid 2.0.

so are you and your boyfriend @BOHICA going to get it and die to end your burden on humanity faggot?

An I’m-so-cute-and-clever reporter recently asked the president if he deserved to be re-elected given the number of deaths from coronavirus, noting that the number is greater than American fatalities from the Vietnam war.

People can always find something as a point of comparison as if that automatically adds weight to what they are implying. No doubt this reporter thought stats from the Vietnam war added gravitas to her query.

In any case, her disrespectful and rude question didn’t deserve to be dignified with an answer. But Trump answered her anyway. Unfortunately, he didn’t use the opportunity to his advantage by giving her a little history lesson, as discussed at The Daily Wire:
…She may have been unaware that at the height of the Vietnam war, there was something that killed more Americans than the war did, and it was a similar virus — and no one questioned whether a president should be elected or not because of the virus, known as the Hong Kong Flu.

In 1968-69, the Hong Kong flu ravaged the world; it wound up killing more than one million people worldwide, over 100,000 of them in the United States.
No lockdowns were imposed and people still went to work, albeit lessening bus travel and implementing social distancing and more washing of their hands.
The Wall Street Journal explained. “The novel virus triggered a state of emergency in New York City; caused so many deaths in Berlin that corpses were stored in subway tunnels; overwhelmed London’s hospitals; and in some areas of France left half of the workforce bedridden.”
As John Fund notes in National Review, the Hong Kong Flu “was an especially infectious virus that had the ability to mutate and render existing vaccines ineffective … Hundreds of thousands were hospitalized in the U.S. as the disease hit all 50 states by Christmas 1968. Like COVID-19, it was fatal primarily to people older than 65 with preexisting conditions.”
The Encyclopedia Britannica pointed out the highly contagious nature of the disease: “Indeed, within two weeks of its emergence in July in Hong Kong, some 500,000 cases of illness had been reported … The 1968 flu pandemic caused illness of varying degrees of severity in different populations. For example, whereas illness was diffuse and affected only small numbers of people in Japan, it was widespread and deadly in the United States.”

The Hong Kong flu still exists today. The Centers for Disease Control note, “It was first noted in the United States in September 1968 … The H3N2 virus continues to circulate worldwide as a seasonal influenza A virus.”
Fund notes that a retired professor of medicine, Philip Snashall, noted in the British Medical Journal that his two-year-old daughter was the first known case of the Hong Kong flu in Europe. He wrote, “How things change. The stock market did not plummet, we were not besieged by the press, men in breathing apparatus did not invade my daughter’s play group.”
220627_5_.jpg
Presence, Hong, Kong, flu, virus, virions, h3n2, subtype, influenza, virus (source: Pixnio)
But now hysteria rules the day and the left is gunning for collapse on all fronts.
Who can forget when Bill Maher wished the economy would crash and trigger a recession so Trump would lose in 2020?
Maher wasn’t some lone aberrant voice. He spoke for his comrades (here, here, here, here, here, and  here, among countless examples).
So here we are with the economy in freefall as a highly contagious new virus is circulating that’s killing quite a lot of people.
Times have changed since 1968. Big tech overlords are wielding incredible power, the hostile media is pure propaganda, the left will stop at nothing as they adhere to the edict by “any means necessary. These past couple of months, they’ve proven that they’re rather fond of totalitarian rule.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold Member

By the end of the month and since this thread started what do you guess we lost in additional SS recipients as we cross 100,000 deaths????   I would say at least 35,000 SS above and beyond what we would lose in a normal month without covid.

Edited by BOHICA

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

By the end of the month and since this thread started what do you guess we lost in additional SS recipients as we cross 100,000 deaths????   I would say at least 35,000 SS above and beyond what we would lose in a normal month without covid.

So lives don’t matter anymore.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

not ones who are in homes.   The COVID is better than being kept alive so the owner can rake in the government money every month regardless of quality fo life.  

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I’m pro choice so ya.....  lives of people that aren’t family or friends of mine don’t matter one bit to me.

Edited by BOHICA

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not ones who are in homes.   The COVID is better than being kept alive so the owner can rake in the government money every month regardless of quality fo life.  

well to be fair most homes only really try to keep them alive in till they have bleed them dry of there life savings . then they go in to another level of care of 3 or 4 to a room with about 1/4 the care they were getting when the bills were fully funded .

my mother in law has been on hospice for over 3 yrs and 368k and counting . they just keep stuffing hard candy in her mouth to keep her alive so the checks keep rolling 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well to be fair most homes only really try to keep them alive in till they have bleed them dry of there life savings . then they go in to another level of care of 3 or 4 to a room with about 1/4 the care they were getting when the bills were fully funded .

my mother in law has been on hospice for over 3 yrs and 368k and counting . they just keep stuffing hard candy in her mouth to keep her alive so the checks keep rolling 

it's truly disgusting that we treat our pets better than our parents.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I would say 99.9 percent of the posters here have used the phrase of “I would rather die then be in a nursing home” or something similar during there life.  Covid is just granting the wishes of those in homes is all.  Not worth shutting the country down to save a few that were on there way out anyways

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's truly disgusting that we treat our pets better than our parents.  

yep Washington is the only right to die state . and the fed has there dick in that hole also mandating you must have your directive and residency in place like 5yrs before you can have your self taken out .

so my wife has been looking real hard at washingtion residency before we are 64. seeing as 3 generations of women on her mom's side have gotten early dementia 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yep Washington is the only right to die state . and the fed has there dick in that hole also mandating you must have your directive and residency in place like 5yrs before you can have your self taken out .

so my wife has been looking real hard at washingtion residency before we are 64. seeing as 3 generations of women on her mom's side have gotten early dementia 

i was hoping before my parents got to that point there would be more action on a spread of the right to die.  my parents have no desire to ever be in a home,  we have had the discussion and i have the med poa and their instructions in writing but it doesn't do much good.  

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Should have had an "Irrevocable Trust" her money/assets could have been protected depending how she made out the trust..I've had mine since 1993, no one can touch whatever you put in it, only the Trustees or any other entity you name can.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i was hoping before my parents got to that point there would be more action on a spread of the right to die.  my parents have no desire to ever be in a home,  we have had the discussion and i have the med poa and their instructions in writing but it doesn't do much good.  

I'm sure glad you ain't my kid. You'd let me croak, bury me behind the chicken coop, and take my money. Then you'd be invitin' your friends up to your Winnepesaukee Lake House, for a cook-out, and a ride on your new 42' Fountain.

Bastid!! Gingers are all evil!!!! :mc:

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Should have had an "Irrevocable Trust" her money/assets could have been protected depending how she made out the trust..I've had mine since 1993, no one can touch whatever you put in it, only the Trustees or any other entity you name can.

I have to do that. I was gonna' but this fukkin covid fucked that up. I gotta' get that done. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I have to do that. I was gonna' but this fukkin covid fucked that up. I gotta' get that done. 

You going to list F7ben or Frankie the Homo Eskimo the benefactor of your vast riches?

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Do it soon, it takes 5 years to fully put your assets into the trust..my dad was in a nursing home for several years, he only had 4 years into the 5 year, so when he died we had to pay $17,000 which was nothing compared to what the bill was, it cost $4,700 a month to stay there.

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm sure glad you ain't my kid. You'd let me croak, bury me behind the chicken coop, and take my money. Then you'd be invitin' your friends up to your Winnepesaukee Lake House, for a cook-out, and a ride on your new 42' Fountain.

Wtf!!!

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Do it soon, it takes 5 years to fully put your assets into the trust..my dad was in a nursing home for several years, he only had 4 years into the 5 year, so when he died we had to pay $17,000 which was nothing compared to what the bill was, it cost $4,700 a month to stay there.

OH shit, I just turned 73, and feel like shit!!!  

One thing I don't want is a nursing home, no way!!!  I have to line somebody up who will keep me in a little house somewhere, and people can come in and take care of me. 

I will NOT go into a nursing home, unless I am totally incapable of resisting that. 

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Wtf!!!

WUT? 

34 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm not going to kill you cause your old but sick and heading to the home,  sure will if you were a relative.  

Oh thats right your estates really the county nursing home so yes i'd put you out of your misery

As far as the bold pour Kev144,  he should have known you racism knew no boundaries before he started snuggling up to you.  

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

42' fountain is more useful that you are!