Check your account email address ×

Food Supply

• Platinum Contributing Member

Had a few social distancing beers Saturday with my buddy who runs the weaning operation in a large operation in southern Iowa.   They are pretty much filling up their overflow capacity in the next few weeks and will have to make a decision on starting to destroy and bury or burn animals next week that the processors can't take.

Many are likely aborting pigs and destroying the young ones. 

Say all you want that you don't believe what is going on but it is happening in places. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Had a few social distancing beers Saturday with my buddy who runs the weaning operation in a large operation in southern Iowa.   They are pretty much filling up their overflow capacity in the next few weeks and will have to make a decision on starting to destroy and bury or burn animals next week that the processors can't take.

Say all you want that you don't believe what is going on but it is happening in places. 

The food supply is full. It will be for some time to come. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I didn’t realize Illinois was 4th in the country with hog head count. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The food supply is full. It will be for some time to come. 

Very well may stay as such....might not as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

America could stand to lose a few pounds. Food quality in America sucks. A little shake up could be a good thing. 

It will snowball.   Less pork means people turn to something else.   If there isn't enough then shortages start showing up in what people switch too.

Nobody is going to starve...far from it...but it will have an impact. 

This goes without mentioning the economic factors that could drive down production.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

It will snowball.   Less pork means people turn to something else.   If there isn't enough then shortages start showing up.

This goes without mentioning the economic factors that could drive down production.  

Everything cycles. The world won’t end. 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

El Milagro has some awesome tacos if you are ever near there. Unlike anywhere else.

I've never had there tacos, but will definitely try it. I like Zacataco's carne asada tacos, they have taqueria's at 71st and Pulaski, 5925 S. Pulaski, and one on Harlem in Bridgeview, the Pulaski stores are the best.

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The wife just bought some the other day. I’m going to bring them up to Wisconsin and give them to a local. We love their restaurant on Blue Island off Ashland. One of the best taco joints in fib land.

@A05GSHO isn't going to be happy with you bringing the taco shells from a CV taco shell plant :slapping:

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Exploding in Blackhawk county.   This is where the Tyson food plant in Waterloo was shut down.   Pretty dramatic press conference there yesterday.   3 of the speakers were crying.

400+ new cases yesterday of which they reported over 90% are related to the Tyson foods plant.

Other parts of the state are trying to open up while its really gaining steam there.

When the CV takes off in a community it seems to go like a wildfire.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've never had there tacos, but will definitely try it. I like Zacataco's carne asada tacos, they have taqueria's at 71st and Pulaski, 5925 S. Pulaski, and one on Harlem in Bridgeview, the Pulaski stores are the best.

@A05GSHO isn't going to be happy with you bringing the taco shells from a CV taco shell plant :slapping:

They do them totally different than anywhere else. They put like beans and rice then a steak then they top it off with a sort of mexican cole slaw. And they are heavy as fuck, you can only eat like one or two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm going to bitch slap that mutha fawker when I go to his place this weekend and drink all his beer.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Its really not community wide.....its virtually all within the households of the workers at the Waterloo Tyson facility.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I didn’t realize Illinois was 4th in the country with hog head count. 

There used to be a bunch of hog farms down by grant park. We used to drive thru there going to my grams when I was a kid and you could smell those stinky mofos in the summer. Havent seen a pig down that way in probably over 20 years now. But there is a big slaughter house whatever down by Beardstown. 

14 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

I'm going to bitch slap that mutha fawker when I go to his place this weekend and drink all his beer.

yeah slap the fuck outta him, but be careful not to get herpes on your hands. :bc: 

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Those fucking Zacos on the spit are the bomb. There is a location on Harlem just south of the soccer stadium. I prefer Pulaski. I have a customer at 63rd and Holman.  When they shave that taco meat  off the spit,ohhhhhhh fuck!!!! 

7 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

Don’t tease me with a good time Phaggit.  Do you like tacos jerk?  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

I know of one that put down a whole barn yesterday.