Check your account email address ×

Food Supply

1 minute ago, Anler said:

A couple weeks ago you couldn't even buy a piece of chicken at our stores. It's all hoarded up. 

Yep. You can get it at Popeyes. The Popeyes farms are not effected.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

A couple weeks ago you couldn't even buy a piece of chicken at our stores. It's all hoarded up. 

There a few problems, the farmers asked the USDA (Sonny Perdue)for help over month ago because they knew they were going to have issue getting things to market, USDA took four weeks to respond, the other issue is the Covid outbreaks in a multitude of meat processing plants,

a close up of a map: At least 31 meat processing plants owned by Smithfield, JBS and Tyson Foods have had coronavirus outbreaks.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There a few problems, the farmers asked the USDA (Sonny Perdue)for help over month ago because they knew they were going to have issue getting things to market, USDA took four weeks to respond, the other issue is the Covid outbreaks in a multitude of meat processing plants,

a close up of a map: At least 31 meat processing plants owned by Smithfield, JBS and Tyson Foods have had coronavirus outbreaks.

Jbs opened back up today. They are going to kill some Mexicans.

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Iowa is a unreported hotbed for the virus. 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Jbs opened back up today. They are going to kill some Mexicans.

Smithfield Foods in St. Charles (republican Kane County) shutdown, and they have a Mexican woman who worked there and got the CV and died.

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You would think the republicans in Iowa would have learned something after seeing the results of Trump's Covid denial, Covid 19 and denial is not a formula for success.

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Smithfield Foods in St. Charles (republican Kane County) shutdown, and they have a Mexican woman who worked there and got the CV and died.

Another one on the west side just had one die yesterday. It wasn’t meat though,tortilla plant. Trump is killing all of the Mexicans.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Another one on the west side just had one die yesterday. It wasn’t meat though,tortilla plant. Trump is killing all of the Mexicans.

That devious genius...it’s been his plan all along!!!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yeah El Milagro corn taco shells are one of my favorites, I just bought some last week......and today they will sit in the sunshine and then the rain will wash away the CV :bc

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yeah El Milagro corn taco shells are one of my favorites, I just bought some last week......and today they will sit in the sunshine and then the rain will wash away the CV :bc

El Milagro has some awesome tacos if you are ever near there. Unlike anywhere else.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The wife just bought some the other day. I’m going to bring them up to Wisconsin and give them to a local. We love their restaurant on Blue Island off Ashland. One of the best taco joints in fib land.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Exploding in Blackhawk county.   This is where the Tyson food plant in Waterloo was shut down.   Pretty dramatic press conference there yesterday.   3 of the speakers were crying.

400+ new cases yesterday of which they reported over 90% are related to the Tyson foods plant.

Other parts of the state are trying to open up while its really gaining steam there.