Check your account email address ×

Mitch “the turtle” wants states to be able to declare bankruptcy.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well that would probably be most of them eh? What does that do to all of the bond holders.

It would eliminate having to pay out on pensions. That would save hugely 

Edited by spin_dry

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I saw that. Ive heard some real stupid shit in my life , but that one had my head spinning.

He’ll get plenty of support. Trump is talking about withholding federal funds from blue states. So far it’s just talk. And we all know he likes to talk shit. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

It would eliminate having to pay out on pensions. That would save hugely 

Well that might be necessary because Illinois for one cant possibly pay its pension obligations. Big labor has been lobbying hard for tax increases in Illinois. 

Just now, Anler said:

Well that might be necessary because Illinois for one cant possibly pay its pension obligations. Big labor has been lobbying hard for tax increases in Illinois. 

Too bad Illinois didn’t go the path of Wisconsin by being self funded. WRS has over $110 billion in the bank. 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I saw that. Ive heard some real stupid shit in my life , but that one had my head spinning.

Not really. If they file bankruptcy then all of their contracts become void. Then the federal govt will re-organzie all of the pension obligations and make them affordable. Its probably the only way it can happen at this point. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Too bad Illinois didn’t go the path of Wisconsin by being self funded. WRS has over $110 billion in the bank. 

There are alot of shysters in Illinois govt... Its not an accident the pensions are so fucked up. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not really. If they file bankruptcy then all of their contracts become void. Then the federal govt will re-organzie all of the pension obligations and make them affordable. Its probably the only way it can happen at this point. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

There are alot of shysters in Illinois govt... Its not an accident the pensions are so fucked up. 

Im not a big fan of any bankruptcies ( including trumps)  States start going bankrupt , who will want to do business with them?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Im not a big fan of any bankruptcies ( including trumps)  States start going bankrupt , who will want to do business with them?

believe me, not too many want to do business now. LOL

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Interesting. A republican advocating bankruptcy. 

It’s part of the grand plan of corporate america powered by republicans.

Remember states have municipal water supplies.....Nestle would love to control those. Assets sold to satisfy bankruptcies of states would be bought by corporate America. Land, state highways, state parks lakes and rivers.

Am I that far off here?

FUCK MCCONNELL AND TRUMP.

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

They should the Federal government shouldn’t be bailing out Illinois and New York or California because they want to give shit away for free and over pay their public service a union employees and give them ridiculous retirements that regular people working in the private sector don’t get!!

43 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

They should the Federal government shouldn’t be bailing out Illinois and New York or California because they want to give shit away for free and over pay their public service a union employees and give them ridiculous retirements that regular people working in the private sector don’t get!!

0044B4C9-2FCF-43CC-A7E7-E474C11EE9B8.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Why?  I guess you only expect dems to circumvent their financial responsibility?

Edited by racer254

23 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why?  I guess you only expect dems to circumvent their financial responsibility?

Exactly. Trump and the republican held senate has done an excellent job at reeling in spending. You nasty smelling, fucking hack fraud

• Haha 1