Check your account email address ×

For those people in Mi.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Thanks Tick...Our local Ace Hardware has been open the whole time and now are taking orders and bringing them curbside so to speak.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

All the hardware (Lowes, Home Depot, Rona, etc) stores here are open/closed doors with curbside pick up or delivery only. I needed brooms for work so I went to Home Depot online and ordered 5 for curbside pick up. They say wait for your confirmation email then come to the store. That was Monday, website says 2 hours for the email, no email yet. I read on Facebook that very few people are getting the email. You just have to go stand in line and hope that they have it. They are currently not allowing you to cancel online orders. Option of delivery for the brooms was 3 weeks.

My guys blew up a trash pump Tuesday so I drove to Princess Auto. I looked up the SKU number for the pump on my phone, called the store and they bring it to the parking lot. From the call until I was leaving the parking lot was less than 10 minutes. Painless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

All the hardware (Lowes, Home Depot, Rona, etc) stores here are open/closed doors with curbside pick up or delivery only. I needed brooms for work so I went to Home Depot online and ordered 5 for curbside pick up. They say wait for your confirmation email then come to the store. That was Monday, website says 2 hours for the email, no email yet. I read on Facebook that very few people are getting the email. You just have to go stand in line and hope that they have it. They are currently not allowing you to cancel online orders. Option of delivery for the brooms was 3 weeks.

My guys blew up a trash pump Tuesday so I drove to Princess Auto. I looked up the SKU number for the pump on my phone, called the store and they bring it to the parking lot. From the call until I was leaving the parking lot was less than 10 minutes. Painless.

Princess Auto is doing it right...hopefully they keep that in place going forward. 

HD is open for everything here.  I wish my local Ace hardware store was still open,  i always chose them over HD and the local lumber yard hours makes them a terrible choice for the average homeowner and their hardware selections sucks.   I do use them for lumber as much as possible and they did my kitchen remodel materials.    

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

HD is open for everything here.  I wish my local Ace hardware store was still open,  i always chose them over HD and the local lumber yard hours makes them a terrible choice for the average homeowner and their hardware selections sucks.   I do use them for lumber as much as possible and they did my kitchen remodel materials.    

I have an awesome hardware store 10 minutes from the house. If this place dosnt have it , you don't need it. Right down to Carhartt clothes and ammo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks Tick...Our local Ace Hardware has been open the whole time and now are taking orders and bringing them curbside so to speak.

Same here with our Ace. Just drove by and they were open

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I like the ACE.  I go there at a minimum of once a week. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Same here with our Ace. Just drove by and they were open

The one here is locally owned and has expanded quite a bit over the years and the owners are very involved in the community plus they are always at the store...pretty sure they are grooming their son to take over. Place has everything and the staff is knowledgeable...great place.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The one here is locally owned and has expanded quite a bit over the years and the owners are very involved in the community plus they are always at the store...pretty sure they are grooming their son to take over. Place has everything and the staff is knowledgeable...great place.

Ours is really good too. I couldn’t  care less about getting something cheaper at HD or Lowe’s. The employees are all friendly and approach you , instead of running away at the Depot. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Ours is really good too. I couldn’t  care less about getting something cheaper at HD or Lowe’s. The employees are all friendly and approach you , instead of running away at the Depot. 

Exactly...my neighbor is an older woman whose dad was a plumber in town for years and she worked for him...he passed a number of years back and she runs the plumbing department at ACE and knows pretty much everything about it. I was installing a faucet last year and needed some extensions and she saw me walking in with the faucet in my hand and before I could say a word she was telling me what I needed and leading me to it. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...my neighbor is an older woman whose dad was a plumber in town for years and she worked for him...he passed a number of years back and she runs the plumbing department at ACE and knows pretty much everything about it. I was installing a faucet last year and needed some extensions and she saw me walking in with the faucet in my hand and before I could say a word she was telling me what I needed and leading me to it. :lol:

Right. To me service is everything.  I always have people telling me.   I can get this part cheaper at rock auto or what not. Well, you know what, I deal with the local parts store, that takes care of me when there is a problem.  This is the way it is , if you don’t like It take your internet part elsewhere. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have an awesome hardware store 10 minutes from the house. If this place dosnt have it , you don't need it. Right down to Carhartt clothes and ammo.

Have you been in the Evansville Trading Post in Evansville? It's a few miles from the north end of Willoughby.  The Pick & Shovel in Newport is good too.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Ace in north hampton was awesome then HD came in and fucked it up.  

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Do you have HD Supply in Canada???

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Right. To me service is everything.  I always have people telling me.   I can get this part cheaper at rock auto or what not. Well, you know what, I deal with the local parts store, that takes care of me when there is a problem.  This is the way it is , if you don’t like It take your internet part elsewhere. 

Hope you can get the job done in half the book time with your parts store junk because you'll likely be redoing it again in 6 months.  I only use factory parts or a select few aftermarket that I can all get from Rockauto.  Maybe get some brake parts at Naper once in awhile but that's about it. 

My mechanic never minds when I bring him what I need changed.  If he charges me a bit extra for labor that's fine.  Some stuff like air conditioning parts are insane from the local parts stores.

20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Hope you can get the job done in half the book time with your parts store junk because you'll likely be redoing it again in 6 months.  I only use factory parts or a select few aftermarket that I can all get from Rockauto.  Maybe get some brake parts at Naper once in awhile but that's about it. 

My mechanic never minds when I bring him what I need changed.  If he charges me a bit extra for labor that's fine.  Some stuff like air conditioning parts are insane from the local parts stores.

Been at it 30 years.  I have a little idea about what I’m doing.  There are certain things I will always buy OEM on . Aftermarket parts are a reality in my business. In  a perfect world,  I would never use a piece of shit China part , but that is not reality. 

When you are buying thousands of dollars worth of parts a week you need vendors to bring them to you and stand behind them.  

1 minute ago, Doos said:

Somehow I knew Governor Big Tits was going to be a problem.

You're a reasonable guy so let me ask you what you think she should be doing differently. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You're a reasonable guy so let me ask you what you think she should be doing differently. 

Stay the path, locking it down further causes more issues than it limits. Economy is going to have enough issues as it is, causing more damage fucks us even further. 

15 minutes ago, Doos said:

Stay the path, locking it down further causes more issues than it limits. Economy is going to have enough issues as it is, causing more damage fucks us even further. 

TY and I agree...I think what is happening in Metro Detroit was going to happen and will continue to happen regardless of these new restrictions. I doubt the same people are going to listen any better now and with flights still coming from China and elsewhere the whole things seems pointless.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Been at it 30 years.  I have a little idea about what I’m doing.  There are certain things I will always buy OEM on . Aftermarket parts are a reality in my business. In  a perfect world,  I would never use a piece of shit China part , but that is not reality. 

When you are buying thousands of dollars worth of parts a week you need vendors to bring them to you and stand behind them.  

Aftermarket parts are almost unavoidable but I've just had so much junk from the parts stores it's usually more trouble than it is worth.  I wouldn't want to install some eBay alternator for a customer either because it will turn into a mess.