Check your account email address ×

Prices going up.....

Just went and looked at my Amazon cart for things that I had in there for m,y next order. Everything in the cart had gone up.  A fertilizer that I use went from $18 to $24. A food item went from $9 to $12. Frames for my prints were $62 and now they are $71.  Anyone else notice the prices of what they order going up, a lot?

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I stopped using them last year because of this. 

The prices do fluctuate a bit, but this is a bit much IMO.  They are just trying to up their profits when they know Americans are relying on them.

• Like 2

I check on there for some things I will be needing eventually and find things I can get locally much cheaper. There's a few items that are unavailable now that I need and will have to look for a different source

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I check on there for some things I will be needing eventually and find things I can get locally much cheaper. There's a few items that are unavailable now that I need and will have to look for a different source

We buy a lot though them for the convenience.  We don't have a ton of options locally, lol

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Just went and looked at my Amazon cart for things that I had in there for m,y next order. Everything in the cart had gone up.  A fertilizer that I use went from $18 to $24. A food item went from $9 to $12. Frames for my prints were $62 and now they are $71.  Anyone else notice the prices of what they order going up, a lot?

Tariffs are paid by China.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:24 PM, Mainecat said:

Tariffs are paid by China.

Amazon went up another 60 cents bringing their price up over $25.  I just bought the same thing from Ebay for the regular going rate.  Amazon is just taking advantage of the situation.

image.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The cost of printing money. 

Why is it just Amazon that the price has gone up?  I also checked some of the big garden stores and the price remains unchanged. 

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Why is it just Amazon that the price has gone up?  I also checked some of the big garden stores and the price remains unchanged. 

Increased profit margins for share holders would be part of the answer. It’s for the Americans profiting off the American companies that shifted production to China which in turn have tariffs on products originating from China to help curb the trade imbalance. It’s all quite confusing. 

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

They have been doing it for awhile. Most people don’t look at the price.  My wife dropped prime 5 months ago.

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Increased profit margins for share holders would be part of the answer. It’s for the Americans profiting off the American companies that shifted production to China which in turn have tariffs on products originating from China to help curb the trade imbalance. It’s all quite confusing. 

The product I was referencing is made in California. 

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They have been doing it for awhile. Most people don’t look at the price.  My wife dropped prime 5 months ago.

It's worth having Prime for the video & music streaming for me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

The product I was referencing is made in California. 

It's worth having Prime for the video & music streaming for me. 

There’s some apps that allow you to price compare. I’m just not that frugal. Price shopping is tedious for lower dollar items. I like the convenience of amazon and just bite the bullet. 

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Got rid of Netflix too.

I cancelled our cable and we are just streaming.  We are saving about $150/month. We can't get any channels over the air here in the sticks so we have YouTube tv for local networks and basic cable channels. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s some apps that allow you to price compare. I’m just not that frugal. Price shopping is tedious for lower dollar items. I like the convenience of amazon and just bite the bullet. 

Agreed on Amazon being a convenience that costs a bit more. I'm fine with that for the most part and pay the extra to get something in a timely fashion.  I was just shocked to see something that i buy from them on a regular basis go from $15.99 the last time I bought it from them on January 6th to $25.47 now.  Ebay has a bunch of sellers offering it for 17-18 dollars.  

Yes, I'm that frugal.  I'm from New England,  lol