Check your account email address ×

Covid 19 severely hampered by summer weather according to science and available data

• Gold Member

Compares 2 extremes it looks like the warmer weather with longer days limits the spread of the virus according to science and data available.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/what-infection-rates-in-iceland-and-australia-may-reveal-about-how-covid-19-could-spread-in-the-us/707057

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Compares 2 extremes it looks like the warmer weather with longer days limits the spread of the virus according to science and data available.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/what-infection-rates-in-iceland-and-australia-may-reveal-about-how-covid-19-could-spread-in-the-us/707057

Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines all struggling with outbreaks.  Of those three, Singapore looked to have a solid grasp on it for a good month or so, but a recent unexpected spike in cases has triggered a nationwide lockdown starting yesterday for 30 days.

Heat and humidity probably doesn't help as much as some would like.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines all struggling with outbreaks.  Of those three, Singapore looked to have a solid grasp on it for a good month or so, but a recent unexpected spike in cases has triggered a nationwide lockdown starting yesterday for 30 days.

Heat and humidity probably doesn't help as much as some would like.

Maybe heat and no humidity will help a little. Ya for Arizona weather. 

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Maybe heat and no humidity will help a little. Ya for Arizona weather. 

Actually everyone in AZ is outside now.  When we all shelter in AC from June to mid Sept, wonder what will happen to transmission rates here.  I foresee wearing a mask to shop at least until fall.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Actually everyone in AZ is outside now.  When we all shelter in AC from June to mid Sept, wonder what will happen to transmission rates here.  I foresee wearing a mask to shop at least until fall.

Probably not a bad idea on the mask. 

Im still hoping to head home the first of May. I have all my storage plans lined out for all the crap Ive accumulated these last 3 years. 

April has been incredible here so far. Mid to low 80’s every day and 60 at night. It doesn't get much better than this. 

Looks like we may hit 90 one day next week some time. Its still getting down into the low 40’s just 60 miles from here. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Why are places like Iran having so much trouble? 

I would guess lack of hygiene and proximity to each other.