Check your account email address ×

F150 dethroned by GM for top selling 1/2 ton

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

130k miles.  I've only owned it since 113k but no issues with it other than normal maintenance and some EVAP stuff which wrecked the pressure sensor in the tank.

Did a bunch of stuff when I bought it.  All fluids, filters, brakes, and calipers.  Blower motor resister went out which is common and easy to fix.  Same thing with the third brake light seal.  Had the truck detailed to clean up from the previous owner.  Oh, new lung nuts to replace the junk OEM ones that swell.  Lock for the spare was rotted pretty good so I fixed too.  Will need tires this fall before it snows. 

Maybe a total of $14k into the truck.  Quite a bit cheaper than a new one at $40k+.  A new one would be over $500 a year just to license in MN.  That's on top of 6.5% sales tax when you buy!

My 2011 has 185,000  I did have to do a waterpump

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My 2011 has 185,000  I did have to do a waterpump

Trying to remember if I did that or not. I did the thermostat and radiator cap.  Also the radiator hose with the Y in it.  

Did both belts as well now that I think about it.

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

No way I would buy a GM product these days.  They are built in the US with Chinese parts.  Probably would buy a RAM before a Chivy.  Look at the number of rust bucket GM trucks out there.  Aluminum F150 won't have that problem and will stay looking good for a long time.  My 2012 F150 is just starting to get some rust on the rear wheel wells.  Not bad for an almost 10 year old truck.  Frame is still really good yet.

I have miled up and dented up Chevy's that are around that age, no rust. I've deviated from buying GM trucks on ocassion and I get kicked in the wallet everytime.

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

interior on the GM's is their biggest issue.  ext looks all depends on color and which grille.  

6.2L basically a Corvette engine, it makes it all good :bc: 

I almost traded in my 18 High Country on a 20 GMC with the trick tailgate, then I got nervous about the tailgate having a sled drive up on it.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yes. It’s literally history 

if you are talking way back Henry Ford's auto company he founded before FOMOCO even existed went bankrupt. Is that what's confusing you?

Poor buttcocks. So blissfully ignorant and grossly misinformed. 

Edited by frenchy

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

if you are talking way back Henry Ford's auto company he founded before FOMOCO even existed went bankrupt. Is that what's confusing you?

Poor buttcocks. So blissfully ignorant and grossly misinformed. 

Ford went bankrupt. Twice. I was right. 

Just now, rump-rider said:

Ive been looking at the new Trail Bosses. They seem very nice other than a kind of bland interior. And I hear the 8 speed is shit. Gotta go 6 or 10 I guess :dunno: 

The g80 is shit compares to e lockers by the other brands.  

3 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Ive been looking at the new Trail Bosses. They seem very nice other than a kind of bland interior. And I hear the 8 speed is shit. Gotta go 6 or 10 I guess :dunno: 

If you’re interested in the GM, whatever you do don’t test drive a Ford or Ram. 

10 hours ago, ACE said:

I’m literally right :lol: 

wrong. Pick up a history book or google it thoroughly before making an ass of yourself. 

Detroit Automobile Company went bankrupt. It was reorganized and from it sprung the Henry Ford Company, which Henry left to start FOMOCO. Well after he left the Henry Ford Company went bankrupt and re-emerged as Cadillac. the HFC has zero ties to FOMOCO. None. 

Ergo, FOMOCO never went bankrupt.

Buttcocks :owned: again.