Check your account email address ×

Does cat need a new chassis?

2 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I don't know a single person other than completely blind brand loyal guys that are still buying new Cats. The reliability reputation of the ProCross and the fact that it's 10 years old are the main reasons.

And as much as I hate Ben, he hits the nail on the head with the knee issue. I simply can't get comfortable on that chassis. You don't feel connected to it like the G4 and Axys.

Those are just facts not a bias or a slam. As luke pointed out numerous times. 

Cat guys are like that grown up that can't let go of the blanky they had since they were a baby and still think it's the best blanky ever. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yes.  Yamaha makes the engine to Arctic Cat specs .

You sure it's not just a Yamaha that is made to shoe horn into a procross?

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Serious question, does anyone take anything zambo says about sleds seriously?  :lol: 

Opinions vary.  Especially here.

Just heard my bud lost his 4th engine in his 850.  He won’t text me back though for verification. 

:lol:  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Opinions vary.  Especially here.

Just heard my bud lost his 4th engine in his 850.  He won’t text me back though for verification. 

:lol:  

Didn't your 600 go at about 300 miles? I only assume you put on 100 miles or less a season :news: 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The front or sides of your knees?

You spelled “race enthusiasts” wrong.

Race Enthusiasts... Yeah they stick close to the trailer too. They have to improve the reliability in the trail market, 10 years and they still freeze the tunnel up, spew coolant, E start shits the bed, blow belts and overheat. Towing a sled is shitty enough but the 350lb Sabertooth leather jacket wearing Tiger breeder that comes with it is a complete Pita

• Haha 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

Didn't your 600 go at about 300 miles? I only assume you put on 100 miles or less a season :news: 

No.  Mine isn’t a consumer mil.  Stick to what you know.  Saddle bags, goldwing windshields, muffpots and fish holin’.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Race Enthusiasts... Yeah they stick close to the trailer too. They have to improve the reliability in the trail market, 10 years and they still freeze the tunnel up, spew coolant, E start shits the bed, blow belts and overheat. Towing a sled is shitty enough but the 350lb Sabertooth leather jacket wearing Tiger breeder that comes with it is a complete Pita

Wtf?  :lol:

29 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Serious question, does anyone take anything zambo says about sleds seriously?  :lol: 

My Polaris 800 should have blown up 3 times according to Zammy. But guess what happened to the bulletproof cat 600 instead? D'oh!

19 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Boom! Spot the fuck on! Nailed it! X eleventy!

58 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  Mine isn’t a consumer mil.  Stick to what you know.  Saddle bags, goldwing windshields, muffpots and fish holin’.  :lol:

I don't reallg saddle bag nor do I ice fish :lol: I ride which I do so much more than you in a single year than you have in 5 years.  Stick to the  C group son.  :snack:

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But, your poo was the only one pictured getting towed out this year by a cat.

What gives?

But that wasn't Polaris fault. 

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

I don't know a single person other than completely blind brand loyal guys that are still buying new Cats. The reliability reputation of the ProCross and the fact that it's 10 years old are the main reasons.

And as much as I hate Ben, he hits the nail on the head with the knee issue. I simply can't get comfortable on that chassis. You don't feel connected to it like the G4 and Axys.

We keep commenting on how many new Cats we DO see on the trails the last couple of years. It seems like a lot more than in the past  

I would like to see a new chassis or a modified one. We have had a couple of Procross and still have one. I decided to try an Axys a couple of years ago even being a big Cat guy. It was hard to get excited about buying another sled in the same procross chassis so I said fuck it and tried something else for once. I like both chassis but I much prefer the Axys ergonomics. I wish Cat had more playfulness in the chassis like Axys does, though the planted Cat chassis is flatter on the trails.  That difference in playfulness is probably the biggest factor in keeping the Axys right now. In fact that and the ergos are the only thing I can think of that I prefer over a Procross. 

I’ll probably ride this thing until Cat tweaks the chassis more or comes out with a new one.  What I have seen first hand and found amusing is some of the crap that Polaris puts out and then listen to the hardcore Poo fans knock Cat parts and quality control. Polaris is absolutely no better. Super fun sled but unlike when on a Procross, I literally worry the front end is going to fold up like a tin can at times. 

i have zero interest in a G4.  Even if it was the best sled on the snow, which I would strongly disagree with, I couldn’t take walking out and looking at it everyday. Who goes out and buys the ugliest vehicle they can find to park in the garage. I never thought Doo would continue to make their sleds look worse year after year. That’s not being brand biased. They simply look like shit.  

45 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I don't reallg saddle bag nor do I ice fish :lol: I ride which I do so much more than you in a single year than you have in 5 years.  Stick to the  C group son.  :snack:

Yellowstone Vacation Tours Snowmobile Tours | Old Faithful ...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

But that wasn't Polaris fault. 

That's right.  Your "clutch mechanic" forgot to tighten the bolt or something.  

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yellowstone Vacation Tours Snowmobile Tours | Old Faithful ...

That's right.  Your "clutch mechanic" forgot to tighten the bolt or something.  

At least I ride with friends.   You seem to only have internet "friends" whys that 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

At least I ride with friends.   You seem to only have internet "friends" whys that 

:lol: It feels like you are really trying to do some grasping now.  Who are my "internet friends"?

52 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: It feels like you are really trying to do some grasping now.  Who are my "internet friends"?

Anyone who will listen to your dribble!!!!!