Check your account email address ×

Do not take Ibuprofen is you have symptoms.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got sent a video from a nurse friend of mine.   Information is coming out that for some reason it can make the virus much, much worse.   A significant portion of the cases on ventilators the patients had taken ibuprofen for symptoms.

Probably nothing but worth passing it on.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Got sent a video from a nurse friend of mine.   Information is coming out that for some reason it can make the virus much, much worse.   A significant portion of the cases on ventilators the patients had taken ibuprofen for symptoms.

Probably nothing but worth passing it on.

I don't think this is true. It's just an unsubstantiated rumor.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

It was going around the shop last week, too. I read somewhere it's not likely true and based on anectdotal evidence at best.

Probably.....easy to not take the chance and take Tylenol.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Tylenol doesn't fucking work lol

Feel free to take ibuprofen then.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

I might take 2 or two Tylenol per year tbh 

that is about what I take .

when my back is fucked every few yrs  I go on naproxen/Aleve  streaks but generally don't take many drugs .

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

dosent work for what? 

has worked for lots of stuff in my life experience

Headaches for me. Tylenol might as well be placebos. Doesn't fucking touch it. 6-800mg of ibuprofen and it's gone in 30 minutes.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Headaches for me. Tylenol might as well be placebos. Doesn't fucking touch it. 6-800mg of ibuprofen and it's gone in 30 minutes.

Why not just take a marijuana 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Why not just take a marijuana 

that dose not help me if I get a headache.  it helps for pain but I don't work when high any more quit that  shit that in my late,20s l

ok for the most part I quit that in my late 20s lol

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that is about what I take .

when my back is fucked every few yrs  I go on naproxen/Aleve  streaks but generally don't take many drugs .

I just took some a few minutes ago. My back and left shoulder are fucked. I cannot sleep with this pain.

I’m unable to take Ibuprofen for 6 months as it inhibits bone growth for my neck fusion to take hold with the titanium. In saying that, Tylenol just doesn't work for pain/headaches for me. Now a 3 hour rotation with ibuprofen/Tylenol, has worked great for past surgeries. So long story short, I was already quarantined prior to Corona/Wuhan, and I can't take Ibuprofen, I'm going to kick this things ass yet! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I’m unable to take Ibuprofen for 6 months as it inhibits bone growth for my neck fusion to take hold with the titanium. In saying that, Tylenol just doesn't work for pain/headaches for me. Now a 3 hour rotation with ibuprofen/Tylenol, has worked great for past surgeries. So long story short, I was already quarantined prior to Corona/Wuhan, and I can't take Ibuprofen, I'm going to kick this things ass yet! 

I have lots of percocet left over I can send you...lol. They are several years old, but still work.  Probably worth a fortune on the street. Do they prescribe opiods at all anymore?

2 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

Is it the nsaid portion or the blood thinner in ibuprofen that’s the problem?