Check your account email address ×

California Gov. Gavin Newsom Issues Statewide ‘Stay at Home’ Order

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I think places with mass transit , it should happen first. 

I agree. Boston area ok shut it down but out west here we have been in good shape.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Omg....nothing but overkill reaction. Get ready for the rioting if everything shuts down and nothing moves.

Should have just isolated the vulnerable from the get go.

Of course cases are ramping up with testing, many of which are false positives and the overwhelming majority are MILD cases.   The sky is not falling nearly as hard as many on here think.

Heaven forbid if the media talked about every single case of flu  cotraction and death........ People would never leave their home.

Get a grip people.

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Omg....nothing but overkill reaction. Get ready for the rioting if everything shuts down and nothing moves.

Of course cases are ramping up with testing, many of which are false positives and the overwhelming majority are MILD cases.   The sky is not falling nearly as hard as many on here think.

Heaven forbid if the media talked about every single case of flu  cotraction and death........ People would never leave their home.

Get a grip people.

I disagree. Do what we need to do to put this thing behind us. I would rather have 3 weeks of nothing then 4 months of it dragging on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I disagree. Do what we need to do to put this thing behind us. I would rather have 3 weeks of nothing then 4 months of it dragging on.

ya but if the president shut the country down all hell would break loose

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well, I'm going about my routines as usual. The damage to small businesses and the economy Is going to be far greater than any damage this Virus would have caused if it  ran its course Like any other virus

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well, I'm going about my routines as usual. The damage to small businesses and the economy Is going to be far greater than any damage this Virus would have caused if it  ran its course Like any other virus

While I agree with that . The damage is going to happen anyways and Id rather get it over with and get rolling again. 4 months of kinda working will suck worse in my eyes. That being said we will start back up next week. We typically work alone. This will just make customers stay away from us. I like that idea.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Oh you know it. After the toilet paper fiasco I would be hesitant to do it too.

When the government starts doling out money and many will find out they aint getting a cent is another concern for riots.

Headlines say $1200 individual $2400 per couple.. but left the most important part out. IF YOU MAKE A CERTAIN AMOUNT YOU LOSE.

Misleading at best

1 minute ago, Pete said:

When the government starts doling out money and many will find out they aint getting a cent is another concern for riots.

Headlines say $1200 individual $2400 per couple.. but left the most important part out. IF YOU MAKE A CERTAIN AMOUNT YOU LOSE.

Misleading at best

Whole thing is crazy. Giving away money to people who are still working is ridiculous. Pump it right into UI and drop the one week to collect shit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Whole thing is crazy. Giving away money to people who are still working is ridiculous. Pump it right into UI and drop the one week to collect shit.

Many ppl making good money will be pissed they aint getting their fair share

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Many ppl making good money will be pissed they aint getting their fair share

Fuck em. Ill take it if they send it but they would be fools to give me a check. But if they do , be sure to thank your kids for me.

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

No doubt about it. Im hearing similar concerns from friends on the west coast. Shit is going to hit the fan. It will get spooled up on Monday and not stop there. 

Hope you’re doing well Jay. If you can, take some vitamin c.  Ration what you have but try to take 2000mg per day if possible. 

Should have happened already.

:bc:

2 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

I hope so tbh. It's the only chance to not have this blow up.

Yep.  Only way to stop this. Should have already happened.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Governor of mass already said it’s not going to happen here 

good

:lol: so did ours.  To bad their "it's not gonna happen here" doesn't mean shit when the president says so and they execute a state of Martial Law

41 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Get a grip people.

Not going to stop spreading unless this happens. 

38 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bingo 

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

ya but if the president shut the country down all hell would break loose

No it won't. 

19 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

He should though.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/curfews-closures-and-more-what-the-government-can-and-cant-do-in-a-health-emergency

They cant do much

The federal government is relatively limited in what it can do to control people’s daily lives, as “police power” such as measures aimed at promoting public safety is generally reserved for the states.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Fuck em. Ill take it if they send it but they would be fools to give me a check. But if they do , be sure to thank your kids for me.

Did you claim under or over 75Gs last year? Over 75, no money for you. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/curfews-closures-and-more-what-the-government-can-and-cant-do-in-a-health-emergency

They cant do much

The federal government is relatively limited in what it can do to control people’s daily lives, as “police power” such as measures aimed at promoting public safety is generally reserved for the states.

In the end its all on the people to do whats right.

Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

In the end its all on the people to do whats right.

exactly.. those spring breakers are sure doing the right thing

• Gold Member

Doesn’t really affect the young adults on spring break.  They just as well let we rip vs locking them away in there room.  They will be around to replace the old that die from this in the job market.