Check your account email address ×

Why China eats wild meat.

that’s an economic impact. Wow. 

On February 24 the nation announced a permanent ban on wildlife consumption and trade except for research or medicinal or display purposes—which will stamp out an industry worth $76 billion and put approximately 14 million people out of jobs, according to a 2017 report commissioned by the Chinese Academy of Engineering.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I didn't think it was the wild meat thats the problem, it was the extremely unsanitary conditions in the meat market where the meat is sold.

The viral loads carried by the bats are picked up in the wild. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The viral loads carried by the bats are picked up in the wild. 

Proper disinfecting and food handling precautions would take care of that, no?  I mean its not like we just slice off a piece of pig and grill it up for bacon.  Quite a bit happens before it shows up vacuum packed in the local grocery store.  

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I didn't think it was the wild meat thats the problem, it was the extremely unsanitary conditions in the meat market where the meat is sold.

It is...that and a large percentage of their population has to eat anything and everything that moves.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

that’s an economic impact. Wow. 

On February 24 the nation announced a permanent ban on wildlife consumption and trade except for research or medicinal or display purposes—which will stamp out an industry worth $76 billion and put approximately 14 million people out of jobs, according to a 2017 report commissioned by the Chinese Academy of Engineering.

US beef, pork and poultry should get a big bump.   Looks like our prices will go up.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Proper disinfecting and food handling precautions would take care of that, no?  I mean its not like we just slice off a piece of pig and grill it up for bacon.  Quite a bit happens before it shows up vacuum packed in the local grocery store.  

Which is why funding the FDA is so important. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/07/exclusive-fda-enforcement-actions-plummet-under-trump

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Dummy.  

Researchers have identified one of the caves where bats that spread the Sars virus originated. They have dozens of coronavirus cataloged that are transferable to humans from their research. The virus lives in the wild, dummy. 

There’s stupidity, ignorance, and woeful ignorance. you have contracted all three. :lol: 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

Researchers have identified one of the caves where bats that spread the Sars virus originated. They have dozens of coronavirus cataloged that are transferable to humans from their research. The virus lives in the wind, dummy. 

There’s stupidity, ignorance, and woeful ignorance. you have contracted all three. :lol: 

You, once again, failed to prove you point in calling mine wrong but, for some reason have claimed victory.  You can have it.  I’m a kind God.  :lol:

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I guess . my self i buy pork and cow from a bud not all but a lot . he has a guy come to the farm 2 times a yr he has a big gooseneck trailer butcher set up.  

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s obtainable by anyone that can read and write. 

yes so go read .

not sure if you think there is a super value in every village but can guarantee there is not . and even if there were most would not have the yuan to buy a bag a Doritos if there life depended on it .

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I guess . my self i buy pork and cow from a bud not all but a lot . he has a guy come to the farm 2 times a yr he has a big gooseneck trailer butcher set up.  

I assume he has all the proper licenses.  I know a guy who manufactures beef jerky, the FDA requirements, inspections, etc.,  he has to jump through are unreal.  Same thing when I was in the bakery business.  The US takes food handling and safety pretty seriously.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yes so go read .

not sure if you think there is a super value in every village but can guarantee there is not . and even if there were most would not have the yuan to buy a bag a Doritos if there life depended on it .

Just google, “what animals don’t the Chinese eat?”  It’s going to undoubtedly pull up all kind of Spinner like Chinese sympathizers that will call that question racist or profiling or any other sort of derogatory name and do everything they can to deflect from the actual question.

I’d bet on that.

:lol: 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I assume he has all the proper licenses.  I know a guy who manufactures beef jerky, the FDA requirements, inspections, etc.,  he has to jump through are unreal.  Same thing when I was in the bakery business.  The US takes food handling and safety pretty seriously.

Tell that guy to make the jerky thicker, i tried it a short time ago and it was like eating beef soaked paper. :lol:

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

Tell that guy to make the jerky thicker, i tried it a short time ago and it was like eating beef soaked paper. :lol:

I love that stuff, its like beef candy!   :lol:  My wife used to work in Westfield right down the street, and she'd pick some up at Phipps every week.  Now she works in Simsbury and doesn't get it any more.  :bc: 

It’s actually still residue from communism 

people were so hungry during communism they ate and started farming wild animals 

once they started drifting away from communism they let the wild animal farming persist so people could keep eating.  It became an industry since then and they’ve never really shut it down 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

not sure . I know my bud gets his stuff butchered for his own use and just sells to a few guys to pay the prosesing fees and cost of raising the stock i assume . none the less i trust it more than Hormel steroids injected factory raised meet 

24 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s actually still residue from communism 

people were so hungry during communism they ate and started farming wild animals 

once they started drifting away from communism they let the wild animal farming persist so people could keep eating.  It became an industry since then and they’ve never really shut it down 

China is still under communist rule. 

• Haha 1