Check your account email address ×

Serious question?

• Platinum Contributing Member

1st and foremost I don't wanna downplay the seriousness of the covid 19, it should be taken seriously.   However who is to blame or who is to credit if the death totals come in far lower than the 500,000 plus we are hearing from some experts like Bernie Sanders?

Edited by Highmark

I haven't heard of any predicted death totals like that. 500k is alot I don't think it's going to be anywhere close to that. But I think you should take credit for starting all of these awareness threads. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think we blame China regardless of how substantial the financial or human toll ends up being

I agree with this 100% and I also think people need to try and limit this thing and flatten the curve...Italians didn't listen in the beginning and it has lead to their hospitals being completely overwhelmed. I'm not scared or panicking but people need to use their fucking heads once in awhile.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I agree with this 100% and I also think people need to try and limit this thing and flatten the curve...Italians didn't listen in the beginning and it has lead to their hospitals being completely overwhelmed. I'm not scared or panicking but people need to use their fucking heads once in awhile.

It’s impossible.....too many people who can barely walk and chew gum. Just look at this board.

The story line certainly changed from mass deaths to having to flatten the curve so we don’t over run the health care system.  Once the hysteria started who wanted to be the one going against the wave?  

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Need to shut everything down for a couple months & quarantine people to home. Banks etc put everything on hold during that time. 

Blame? I’ve already made my opinion known on that. What Impresses me is exactly how fragile civilization can be. Probably more now then at any time in history. That’s probably because of population levels and how closely connected and dependent everyone is on supply chains.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I think we blame China regardless of how substantial the financial or human toll ends up being

All this shit starts in China. They are sick mother fuckers always have been. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Blame? I’ve already made my opinion known on that. What Impresses me is exactly how fragile civilization can be. Probably more now then at any time in history. That’s probably because of population levels and how closely connected and dependent everyone is on supply chains.

What was your opinion on blame?

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

What was your opinion on blame?

The massive amount of misinformation came from trump. Since when does a leader inject his ego into a potential public emergency by talking about his hunches? That’s totally fucking ridiculous. Shall I go on about how trump making this about trump created more chaos? 

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You're the one posting links and video of people claiming 500,000 people could die from this virus. 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You're the one posting links and video of people claiming 500,000 people could die from this virus. 

You don’t think that’s possible?

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

5000 deaths and only 6 weeks since the first recorded death from a new, previously unestablished virus. I’d say 500,000 is possibility. 

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The massive amount of misinformation came from trump. Since when does a leader inject his ego into a potential public emergency by talking about his hunches? That’s totally fucking ridiculous. Shall I go on about how trump making this about trump created more chaos? 

The msm and Democrats made it about Trump. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

5000 deaths and only 6 weeks since the first recorded death from a new, previously unestablished virus. I’d say 500,000 is possibility. 

The video you posted said 500,000 on the US. 

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

So he made some mistakes, but now appears he is doing pretty good. Agree?