Check your account email address ×

A new kind of music thread

I can't imagine how loud those TF cars would be standing that close to them when they burp the throttle? I've only ever watched/been to a TA drag race before and just sitting in the stands was loud enough! 

I miss my buddies blown BB jet boat and the sound it made even though it pales in comparison. 

HPIM0657 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0696 (Medium).JPG

Jet%20boat%20@%20Trailer%20Sept%202%202012%20023.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

In those Top Fuel vids, those throttle whacks look like they produce mini earthquakes. :lmao:

It's crazy how much HP they produce! I've always liked drag racing and I remember a time when they said the 5 second elapse time/barrier will never be broken. That was not only smashed but so was the 4 second barrier! :yikes: It's hard to imagine them getting any faster but that was also the thought back then. 

39 minutes ago, irv said:

I can't imagine how loud those TF cars would be standing that close to them when they burp the throttle? I've only ever watched/been to a TA drag race before and just sitting in the stands was loud enough! 

I miss my buddies blown BB jet boat and the sound it made even though it pales in comparison. 

HPIM0657 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0696 (Medium).JPG

Jet%20boat%20@%20Trailer%20Sept%202%202012%20023.jpg

No chickies with long hair in the backseat of that boat :cold:

1 minute ago, irv said:

It's crazy how much HP they produce! I've always liked drag racing and I remember a time when they said the 5 second elapse time/barrier will never be broken. That was not only smashed but so was the 4 second barrier! :yikes: It's hard to imagine them getting any faster but that was also the thought back then. 

Not to mention, they're racing at an 1/8 mile now, imagine the speeds if they were still at 1/4 mile. I've heard that even if you're not an NHRA fan you should at least go to 1 event to experience the Top Fuelers in action. I've heard you can't set your beer down on the bleachers, the vibration will knock it right off. :lmao:I have also heard that no other vehicle on the planet accelerates harder than a Top Fueler. 

43 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Not to mention, they're racing at an 1/8 mile now, imagine the speeds if they were still at 1/4 mile. I've heard that even if you're not an NHRA fan you should at least go to 1 event to experience the Top Fuelers in action. I've heard you can't set your beer down on the bleachers, the vibration will knock it right off. :lmao:I have also heard that no other vehicle on the planet accelerates harder than a Top Fueler. 

Id say poutys and the MSMs negative reaction to anything Trump does is comparable. 

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Id say poutys and the MSMs negative reaction to any Trump does is comparable. 

Dementia patient says what??? What are you babbling about??

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I really need to go . I have ZERO excuse except the traffic looks like he'll when driving by days before the bir event . 

but my bud has been busting my balls to go this yr and we can take the sxs from my cabin so this may be the yr and who knows stands may be empty 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No chickies with long hair in the backseat of that boat :cold:

Back seat was off limits, especially for people with long hair, with the blower belt/pulley right there. 

34 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I just Googled that. I had no idea they reduced it 320 feet. 

As an interim safety measure in the wake of Scott Kalitta's fatal crash, the NHRA has decided to shorten the length of the race in the Funny Car and Top Fuel classes from 1320 feet down to 1000 feet. This comes as part of an effort to reduce speeds; plus, with the shortened racing distance, the drivers are left with more track after the finish line, allowing them more time to slow down after the race. The measure is said to be temporary, but the NHRA is looking into several other ways to increase safety and decrease the risk of another tragedy.

https://jalopnik.com/nhra-shortens-track-after-fatal-crash-no-longer-1-4-mi-397820

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I really need to go . I have ZERO excuse except the traffic looks like he'll when driving by days before the bir event . 

but my bud has been busting my balls to go this yr and we can take the sxs from my cabin so this may be the yr and who knows stands may be empty 

Go man, it's frigging incredible..