Check your account email address ×

SnoWest Cover

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Can he be more brand biased? It's like the Lester's love for poo lately 

I don't even own a modern cat right now so there is that but what ever you say 

Edited by Ez ryder

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Im a cheap fuck like bhen. Bought my kids used stuff on the cheap and fixed them up. There are tons of people out there who can’t wrench and have deeper pockets than me. That’s what some of you are missing. Clean 340 and 440 starter sleds are getting harder to find. 10 years ago,they were everywhere. $750 got you a pretty nice one.

On the family snowmobile week of Christmas/New Years, and King's Birthday and President's Days weekends I know I'll see at several Blast sleds everyday up in northern Wisconsin.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

On the family snowmobile week of Christmas/New Years, and King's Birthday and President's Days weekends I know I'll see at several Blast sleds everyday up in northern Wisconsin.

Yes,and the kid will have all matching gear. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah my buds kids were on the rmk last yr and it sucked they were constantly washing out or could not get them over . stuck all the time . on the bikes now and almost never stuck . but do tip over from time to time and even I have a hard time picking one up in deep they won't be don't tbat for a few more yrs 

Ya, they can be a bitch when they tip over in deep snow, but still easier to get unstuck than any sled.  Mototrax made a Ltd amount of kits for the cr150r, arguably the best kids kit - although the adult versions are junk. 

6 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Which is bad for everyone in the sport unfortunately.  It will impact yammy bigly.   

No non turbo 4 stroke cat with yammy motor.  Only the viper has the 7000 motor now. 

And there’s only 1 Viper model and it’s in an old man package.

The fuck are they thinking? :dunno: 

I am gonna have to test ride a 900t to see what all the fuss is about,  early numbers for doo 2021 is looking good for 900t orders.there people with 850s are going with 900t for next year. so got to see whats all the hype on 900t is , I already know what 850 is all about,  wicked fun and snappy. 

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I am gonna have to test ride a 900t to see what all the fuss is about,  early numbers for doo 2021 is looking good for 900t orders.there people with 850s are going with 900t for next year. so got to see whats all the hype on 900t is , I already know what 850 is all about,  wicked fun and snappy. 

900T is all about under performance

• Haha 1

Just now, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

if you were gonna get 900t which company would you use to get either stage 1 or 2 tune ? boost engineering ? or hurricane ?

I wouldn’t buy anything from Hurricane

Oliver is well regarded and TD seems to put out quality tunes

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wouldn’t buy anything from Hurricane

Oliver is well regarded and TD seems to put out quality tunes

from what I have gathered and what my dealer said..  he says stage 1 is basically cleaning up the map more smoother than what BRP has it set on. not much more HP maybe 20 hp more but he stated he will honor any warranties work on 900t if its done by them and only stage 1

from what I have gathered and what my dealer said..  he says stage 1 is basically cleaning up the map more smoother than what BRP has it set on. not much more HP maybe 20 hp more but he stated he will honor any warranties work on 900t if its done by them and only stage 1

Well I hope it works for you. I know I’d be pissed riding a heavy slow turbo that underachieved for the hp it supposedly made

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well I hope it works for you. I know I’d be pissed riding a heavy slow turbo that underachieved for the hp it supposedly made

have you test rode a 900t yet ?  I am not sure if I am gonna pull the trigger. they are getting too expensive just to hope you don't get a turd lol ,   $11,100 was the most I ever did, getting tougher each time I want a new sled :lol: 

have you test rode a 900t yet ?  I am not sure if I am gonna pull the trigger. they are getting too expensive just to hope you don't get a turd lol ,   $11,100 was the most I ever did, getting tougher each time I want a new sled :lol: 

Nope haven’t ridden. 

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

Ya, they can be a bitch when they tip over in deep snow, but still easier to get unstuck than any sled.  Mototrax made a Ltd amount of kits for the cr150r, arguably the best kids kit - although the adult versions are junk. 

nothing like your chest at the same hight as the seat and trying to tip it up .as far as unsticking sleds a few decades of practice gets you some tricks . unless you are in madhed potatos cement then you ate just fucked lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so then you won't be bringing your kid with . you can't put a 10 yr old on a rmk and be like ok just brap it and lean in to it . 

for about 2 yrs every kid I saw out west dad bought them tracks for there yz125s etc again not cheep but nothing is 

My 10 year old grandson has been riding my 800 Pro Rmk and  my 685 Iqr long track for 2 seasons. They each weigh just over 400lbs. Todays sleds are way easier to ride than sleds just a decade ago. 

if your kids know how to ride the extra HP is no big deal. 

16 hours ago, Highmark said:

Cat's most important 2021 mountain release is the Blast.  :lol:  

How embarrassing.  “Rule breakers”. Yuh...that’s one way to put it.

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The end is near for Cat. 

Textron has got this upcoming year to show their Cat fans what the plan is.  I’ve secured my next Cat but......well, this hilariously sad meme sums it up:

7A7E83CD-0837-4100-B9A2-13DB5A7117BD.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How embarrassing.  “Rule breakers”. Yuh...that’s one way to put it.

Textron has got this upcoming year to show their Cat fans what the plan is.  I’ve secured my next Cat but......well, this hilariously sad meme sums it up:

7A7E83CD-0837-4100-B9A2-13DB5A7117BD.jpeg

Cat or Textron needs to quit listening to Yamaha and cut the chain on that boat anchor of a partner.   Its gonna take them both down.    I'd much rather see Cat survive.

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Cat or Textron needs to quit listening to Yamaha and cut the chain on that boat anchor of a partner.   Its gonna take them both down.    I'd much rather see Cat survive.

Well, Yamaha snow side hasn’t survived.  They were done when they joined up with Cat....and me and many like me still hate that deal.  It was bad for Cat in every way imaginable.

HOWEVER, at this point, I’d take Yamaha taking over the Cat brand from Textron.  Textron has created a massive problem with their bullshit within the loyal Cat fan base.  They’ve got Haydays left to show us what they are doing.  If that’s a fail, they are done....or, it’s just slow death til the last breath.

I grew up on Yamaha so, for me to jump back to them would be easy....assuming they resume the 2 stroke line.  I don’t think I’ll be able to fit back into my leathers though.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, Yamaha snow side hasn’t survived.  They were done when they joined up with Cat....and me and many like me still hate that deal.  It was bad for Cat in every way imaginable.

HOWEVER, at this point, I’d take Yamaha taking over the Cat brand from Textron.  Textron has created a massive problem with their bullshit within the loyal Cat fan base.  They’ve got Haydays left to show us what they are doing.  If that’s a fail, they are done....or, it’s just slow death til the last breath.

I grew up on Yamaha so, for me to jump back to them would be easy....assuming they resume the 2 stroke line.  I don’t think I’ll be able to fit back into my leathers though.  :lol:

Yamaha has produced basically 2 maybe 3 innovative sleds since 2003.   They wrongly predicted an all 4 stroke industry and now have to play catch up.   I'd rather see a group of investors with a historical background with Cat buy Textron out like happened with BRP.   They have made skidoo better.   R&D money doesn't flow downhill when there is so many hands in the piggy bank above it.   Trust me I see it everyday with one of my larger customers.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yamaha has produced basically 3 innovative sleds since 2003.   They wrongly predicted an all 4 stroke industry and now have to play catch up.   I'd rather see a group of investors with a historical background with Cat buy Textron out like happened with BRP.   They have made skidoo better.   R&D money doesn't flow downhill when there is so many hands in the piggy bank above it.   Trust me I see it everyday with one of my larger customers.

Me too.  But. I’d sure take Yamaha as a proper suitor over Textron at this point.  Like I said, September.  That’s all I think the Cat faithful are going to give them.  Me included.  New racers are on the way....so I’ve heard but, I’ve heard that just before they cancelled the racing program.  So....

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Me too.  But. I’d sure take Yamaha as a proper suitor over Textron at this point.  Like I said, September.  That’s all I think the Cat faithful are going to give them.  Me included.  New racers are on the way....so I’ve heard but, I’ve heard that just before they cancelled the racing program.  So....

Cat doesn’t give two fucks about “racers” and rightfully so.