Check your account email address ×

States with the lowest wages.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

desperate ? lmfao my old man sold his licenses for more than you will make in 15 yrs when he was done fishing .  he started fishing as a hobby to get away from his body shop .  kept shop for yrs but almost never was there . also spent every winter at his place in HI . but yeah real desperat lmfao .

if you're the owner if's different u fucking retard. if you're some tweedle dee dumb fuck like u are and don't know shit, can't do shit, are willing to be trapped away from home weeks at a time then yeah, that's desperate. it's not like you were captain of the ship, only on call of duty you can be the captain 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

to costly in FL now . hold off market will tank again fl and az first to loose 3/4 of home prices

I have a little pile set aside for the next tanking . 

We have been watching the market.  Definitely not going to do anything  until after election. I think prices will start dropping. We want to see homes, traffic neighborhoods, in person. Lot of other factors to weigh , like kids , grandkids, aging parents. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Low wage and high rent in that area. Palm coast is better 

Family in the area would be main draw.  Wife is in healthcare industry, plenty of opportunities for her.  She has a pretty good  job opportunity in Tennessee and we have friends in northern Georgia who want us there. Going to spend the summer checking places out. 

I love South Dakota except in January, unless I’m on a sled. January is so fucking windy, cold and dark, it gets depressing. Work and going out for drinks a lot helps to pass the time. 

Obviously if I were born in San Diego and all of my family was there then I’d never move to South Dakota but I could say the same about a lot of states. 

Our unemployment rate is among the lowest in the nation, everyone here needs good people so you can write your own ticket if you’re willing to get your shit together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

I love South Dakota except in January, unless I’m on a sled. January is so fucking windy, cold and dark, it gets depressing. Work and going out for drinks a lot helps to pass the time. 

Obviously if I were born in San Diego and all of my family was there then I’d never move to South Dakota but I could say the same about a lot of states. 

Our unemployment rate is among the lowest in the nation, everyone here needs good people so you can write your own ticket if you’re willing to get your shit together. 

January is even worse here. Actually makes it hard to get motivated 

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

January is even worse here. Actually makes it hard to get motivated 

I’m sure. I don’t know how you guys do it, honestly. I would never live farther north than I do today. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

We have been watching the market.  Definitely not going to do anything  until after election. I think prices will start dropping. We want to see homes, traffic neighborhoods, in person. Lot of other factors to weigh , like kids , grandkids, aging parents. 

Family in the area would be main draw.  Wife is in healthcare industry, plenty of opportunities for her.  She has a pretty good  job opportunity in Tennessee and we have friends in northern Georgia who want us there. Going to spend the summer checking places out. 

I like the aria we had a place in Bonita springs about 12yrs ago at the palmara  . worked with my aunt and she bought ten units all with Chinese drywall mold issues all foreclosed . my payment for running the renovations was  1/2 of a duplex unit . really a give me deal from my aunt . but she kept all for about 9 yrs and made out like a bandit . I fucked up and sold in 4 

2 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

if you're the owner if's different u fucking retard. if you're some tweedle dee dumb fuck like u are and don't know shit, can't do shit, are willing to be trapped away from home weeks at a time then yeah, that's desperate. it's not like you were captain of the ship, only on call of duty you can be the captain 

and again at 16 was,able to make enough from my cut to buy a new small truck . and I was deff low low man on the poll every yr . 

I know it makes you feel better to make excuses about why you can't get ahead . but they are just that wow is me bullshit excuses . millions to be had in AK if you are willing to get up get your shit together and grab it 

not for nuthin but,, Florida is a sink hole.  ive seen so many move there over the years just to want to leave after a few years but be stuck with cheap property they cant move and low wages making it reeeeal tough to afford anything else.        stuck in a quagmire one buddy called it.  

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I like the aria we had a place in Bonita springs about 12yrs ago at the palmara  . worked with my aunt and she bought ten units all with Chinese drywall mold issues all foreclosed . my payment for running the renovations was  1/2 of a duplex unit . really a give me deal from my aunt . but she kept all for about 9 yrs and made out like a bandit . I fucked up and sold in 4 

Bonita springs is nice .  
My family is all around  Boca Raton & Fort Lauderdale.  . No desire to live to there.  

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Bonita springs is nice .  
My family is all around  Boca Raton & Fort Lauderdale.  . No desire to live to there.  

no .

like I said I am also looking to buy in FL again.  I will deff be looking up around cape coral for a small house  on a channel or a condo closer to or in Naples with a dock during the next downturn .

prob be the latter for ez or rental till I am ready to retire .

I also in the back of my mind keep thinking flagstaff so I can have snow with a very short drive  . I still have delusional thoughts I will be able to ride when north of 65lol 

6 minutes ago, old indy said:

not for nuthin but,, Florida is a sink hole.  ive seen so many move there over the years just to want to leave after a few years but be stuck with cheap property they cant move and low wages making it reeeeal tough to afford anything else.        stuck in a quagmire one buddy called it.  

Summers can be tough too.  No matter where you live there is going to be positive & negatives .  We are just ready for something different.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no .

like I said I am also looking to buy in FL again.  I will deff be looking up around cape coral for a small house  on a channel or a condo closer to or in Naples with a dock during the next downturn .

prob be the latter for ez or rental till I am ready to retire .

I also in the back of my mind keep thinking flagstaff so I can have snow with a very short drive  . I still have delusional thoughts I will be able to ride when north of 65lol 

Yup, sounds good!  

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Summers can be tough too.  No matter where you live there is going to be positive & negatives .  We are just ready for something different.  

no idea how anyone lives in the south in the summer.  i want out of the cold in Jan-March and maybe mid November till mid December.  Florida is super convenient for that from NE vs going to AZ but I think i'll prob do what tom did and go rv for awhile unless the market really crashes and I can buy cheap in a desirable area on the water.  My goal now is just to decide where.  think i am going down first weekend in April to do some more looking around  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no idea how anyone lives in the south in the summer.  i want out of the cold in Jan-March and maybe mid November till mid December.  Florida is super convenient for that from NE vs going to AZ but I think i'll prob do what tom did and go rv for awhile unless the market really crashes and I can buy cheap in a desirable area on the water.  My goal now is just to decide where.  think i am going down first weekend in April to do some more looking around  

Kind of our thinking. My wife is absolutely miserable from November to  March. Sun hardly shines.  
I would love to spend summers here and winters in FL. but it is not economically feasible for us.  

4 hours ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i would if they didn't ask for piss without weed. i already know how to weld, and i could join a union, but i am going enjoy my life and smoke as much as i want

Well, just a word of advice.  Dont let weed and alcohol control your career path. There will be plenty of time for weed and alcohol. 

Get into an apprentice program. Electrical apprentice would be my suggestion. Compared to the other trades, Electrical is super easy both mentally  and physically. You can work anywhere in the country with a journeyman's card. 

Don't let weed control your life. Only a complete loser would allow that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

and again at 16 was,able to make enough from my cut to buy a new small truck . and I was deff low low man on the poll every yr . 

I know it makes you feel better to make excuses about why you can't get ahead . but they are just that wow is me bullshit excuses . millions to be had in AK if you are willing to get up get your shit together and grab it 

hey field marshal peckersucker, you better get some better scouts cause your intel is faulty. maybe upgrade to hdmi so u can see better

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Well, just a word of advice.  Dont let weed and alcohol control your career path. There will be plenty of time for weed and alcohol. 

Get into an apprentice program. Electrical apprentice would be my suggestion. Compared to the other trades, Electrical is super easy both mentally  and physically. You can work anywhere in the country with a journeyman's card. 

Don't let weed control your life. Only a complete loser would allow that. 

i was thinking about it, make a few thousand up north and invest in some tools and skedattle. 

only a complete retard would let a company control their life. fuck being politically correct, fuck bosses telling me what i can and can't do after work. freedom is more valuable than money. 

Three guys I retired with now live in Florida. Naples, Ft Meyers, West Palm Beach areas. They enjoy the weather. Groceries are reasonable. Home prices reasonable. Thats about the end of their praise of Florida. 

They all complain about the bugs, humidity, people, congestion, traffic, homeless, smell, etc. All want out and will likely be moving soon. 

The Rio Grand Valley is a very nice place to live from Oct to May. Great weather and cheap living. I have half a dozen buddies who live in the 956. Cool place but not much to do. 

I have been to every single state in the union and almost 2 dozen different countries. I can say without a doubt that Lake Havasu City AZ is one of the coolest little cities on the planet. This place is cheap living with something to do every single week and virtually every single day.    Drive your SxS or golf cart on the street, over 50 restaurants, happy hour from 2-6 every day,  great local artists, hundreds of miles of offroad trails in every direction. Young people everywhere. There are no bad days in Havasu. 

355FC6A7-8EAD-48D2-865C-B7689E3EBB61.png

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

i was thinking about it, make a few thousand up north and invest in some tools and skedattle. 

only a complete retard would let a company control their life. fuck being politically correct, fuck bosses telling me what i can and can't do after work. freedom is more valuable than money. 

Only a complete retard would pass up an opportunity like you have. Clean yourself up a little and buckle down for 2 years and you will be set for life. 

Only a complete fool would let weed and alcohol decide their career path. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Only a complete retard would pass up an opportunity like you have. Clean yourself up a little and buckle down for 2 years and you will be set for life. 

Only a complete fool would let weed and alcohol decide their career path. 

i have to be clean for weed and alcohol at the moment so i am so i can ask to end my probation early. that is the only time ever i will give up what i choose to do on my free time. only a complete bootlicking retard would let a company tell them how to live life. that ain't bullshit either. i petty those who be politically correct or not do drugs because of an occupation. fuck corporate america.

i don't know about years, but it has been on my mind to work up north for a couple of months to get enough money to invest

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

@AKIQPilot is living the life. You’d be wise to listen to him, @FrankieJames7

he is old and decrepit and barely slaved himself into retirement. he sacrificed about 20 years total being trapped away from home. he has money now, but soon he will keel over and what is all that money going to do for him then?

1 minute ago, FrankieJames7 said:

he is old and decrepit and barely slaved himself into retirement. he sacrificed about 20 years total being trapped away from home. he has money now, but soon he will keel over and what is all that money going to do for him then?

Dude. I would dominate you in every single competition on this planet. You name it I would beat you at it. It wouldn't even be close.