Check your account email address ×

1918 pandemic morbidity: The first wave hits the poor, the second wave hits the rich

The young, old and weak are affected the most no matter what.  Impoverished are hurt the most by filthy living conditions and close quarters spreading germs.  The "well-to-doers" can be affected by a lack of immune system resiliency due to little exposure of everyday viruses and germs.  Either way, this study was conducted based on 1918 values that much of which won't apply today.

But I see your supposed point, another "kill the rich" narrative.  Fine by me but not really supported by your article like you think  SO, let it kill both the top and bottom 2%.  The wealth will just get transferred so, not sure how this helps you cause (whatever you think that may be) and the constant drags on a productive society will be reduced substantially.  Works for me.  :bc: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The young, old and weak are affected the most no matter what.  Impoverished are hurt the most by filthy living conditions and close quarters spreading germs.  The "well-to-doers" can be affected by a lack of immune system resiliency due to little exposure of everyday viruses and germs.  Either way, this study was conducted based on 1918 values that much of which won't apply today.

But I see your supposed point, another "kill the rich" narrative.  Fine by me but not really supported by your article like you think  SO, let it kill both the top and bottom 2%.  The wealth will just get transferred so, not sure how this helps you cause (whatever you think that may be) and the constant drags on a productive society will be reduced substantially.  Works for me.  :bc: 

Thpin is oddly fixated on people who are more successful than he is 

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Let it kill the top and bottom 2%?   I hope all people over 70 die?  

SMH.  

Mine was hyperbole to upset Spinner. Anler feels all the boomers deserve to die because they wrecked stuff in Venezuela.