Check your account email address ×

who is loaded up

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s complicated. I’m still trying to figure out the system to acquire and non-resident big horn stamp.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/licenses/fees.html

pretty sure you are not going big horn hunting in Jan .

poss in Mexico like Sonora but I don't think in utah 

Edited by Ez ryder

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That would explain the difficulty in getting a permit?:dunno:

utah has a 1 in a lifetime permits pretty sure you need to get your stamp in person . but again needs to be on season and as far as I know utah is only a few birds in Jan and poss privet land muel dear 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

pretty sure you are not going big horn hunting in Jan .

poss in Mexico like Sonora but I don't think in utah 

We hiked around Zion and Escalante. No hunting in Utah. I’m very interested in a big horn hunt next year year in Utah. Getting a non resident big horn permit is difficult. We hunted wild boar in west Texas last week. Night hunting. It was my first time hunting with night vision equipment. Hogs are non-protected. As such they can be taken at will with a land owner’s permission. It was a good time. I want to get back there again before May. 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

utah has a 1 in a lifetime permits pretty sure you need to get your stamp in person . but again needs to be on season and as far as I know utah is only a few birds in Jan and poss privet land muel dear 

It’s a bit more complicated than that. I received the handbook and application material. I looked it over briefly and I don’t quite get it. They use a drawing/lottery system. Seasoned hunters get to go to the front of the line, but their are some provisions for first timers. I need to find out more about those provisions because they’re not outlined in the handbook. 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s a bit more complicated than that. I received the handbook and application material. I looked it over briefly and I don’t quite get it. They use a drawing/lottery system. Seasoned hunters get to go to the front of the line, but their are some provisions for first timers. I need to find out more about those provisions because they’re not outlined in the handbook. 

Mexico is big for sheep and prob alot more ez with cheaper guide's 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Trying to decide if I am going back up this weekend or not... 

short season shit or get of the pot .

I am going up Thursday night prob just tear up some swamps and forest roads with neighbor . 

got a extra room if you want it 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Mexico is big for sheep and prob alot more ez with cheaper guide's 

I love southern Utah and I know some locals from all my years motorcycling and hiking in the area. I’ve always wanted to hunt there. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I love southern Utah and I know some locals from all my years motorcycling and hiking in the area. I’ve always wanted to hunt there. 

I get it but if regulations make it to hard and you have a bucket list to fill before you can't climb  any more the Sonora Mexico option us worth a look 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I get it but if regulations make it to hard and you have a bucket list to fill before you can't climb  any more the Sonora Mexico option us worth a look 

I’ll keep that in mind. Have you hunted the area or know some that have? 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I have buds I ride with who live in southern CO who live for that shit.they spent more time and money on big game than sledding by far .you could be in a room full of hookers and blow and they will be talking about some fucking elk hunt lol    

I don't hunt any more to many other expensive time consuming hobbys. 

57 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I drove through Valley of Fire state park in nevada back in december. There were huge Big Horn rams right next to the road. The park is closed to hunting but everywhere leading in to and out of the park is open for hunting. We saw a dozen sets of hunters on our ride through the park. 

This is red rock territory for sure. Absolutely rugged terrain. Very much like southern Utah. 

Im sure it would be easier to get a sheep tag in Nevada rather than Utah. Its for sure worth a look. 

A few pics of Valley of Fire. Its close to the southwest corner of Utah. 

18A2B5A0-0112-4F2C-A3C2-249996A32D86.jpeg

7CFB0BDF-A5A7-4222-A178-239548664915.jpeg

5762FF06-E55C-4E7A-A7EA-7CB5CF904A0A.jpeg

833B5952-AFC5-44EC-A5B8-1785AF413742.jpeg

56FF83C3-A578-4BE7-8237-C3803DF645BD.jpeg

DF31BFC7-1002-4B4C-9C3A-8A11C35D6261.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I drove through Valley of Fire state park in nevada back in december. There were huge Big Horn rams right next to the road. The park is closed to hunting but everywhere leading in to and out of the park is open for hunting. We saw a dozen sets of hunters on our ride through the park. 

This is red rock territory for sure. Absolutely rugged terrain. Very much like southern Utah. 

Im sure it would be easier to get a sheep tag in Nevada rather than Utah. Its for sure worth a look. 

Going across I-70 back in the early 80's ( when 70 was a 2 lane road ) I got some nice close up pics of big horns fighting.

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Beautiful. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Beautiful. 

I’ve driven through there a couple times. Always wanted to go back and spend some time there. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve driven through there a couple times. Always wanted to go back and spend some time there. 

Went thru there in my early 20's headed to cali to work. Almost stayed there it was that nice.

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Went thru there in my early 20's headed to cali to work. Almost stayed there it was that nice.

Zion, Bryce, Moab, Lake Powell and most anywhere else in southern Utah is absolutely incredible. The beauty of southern Utah is almost unmatched by any other place on earth. 

53 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Zion, Bryce, Moab, Lake Powell and most anywhere else in southern Utah is absolutely incredible. The beauty of southern Utah is almost unmatched by any other place on earth. 

yup,  i was amazed when we did the houseboat on Powell