Check your account email address ×

Better than a Tool concert?

Just now, spin_dry said:

Brittny spears has outsold Van Halen three times over. Your point? 

Really dumbass? The point is, you stated that VH sucked ass and VH sold way more albums than Tool, get the point now? Brittany Spears is a pop singer not rock, try to keep it apples for apples. I’m sure you own a Brittany Spears album or 3 :lol:

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

He’s 65, what do you expect, Roth in his prime wasn’t really a good singer. His forte was frontman and he was one of the best.

I expect him to have retired with some dignity - instead of coming out & looking & sounding like a washed up fool.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I thought Aerosmith was pretty "meh" live and I was a big fan. I still like their songs. 

Pretty good when I seen them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bussman said:

I don’t put Alex in the highest level elite but he is anything but basic. I’m guessing Frenchy has never really listened to him or realized those records were mixed putting Eddie in the spotlight over Alex and Micheal usually. The Hot For Teacher intro is literally better as an intro than anything Peart did as an intro. Doesn’t make Alex better, but basic? Come on. 

Neil Peart while a legend was well below real technical masters. 

From guys like Buddy Rich  , Bernard Purdie and Jeff Porcaro to modern drummers like Marco Minneman

If Peart would have watched Minneman play just freestyling for 5 minutes he would have been like...

"I have no idea how you can do that"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Neil Peart while a legend was well below real technical masters. 

From guys like Buddy Rich  , Bernard Purdie and Jeff Porcaro to modern drummers like Marco Minneman

If Peart would have watched Minneman play just freestyling for 5 minutes he would have been like...

"I have no idea how you can do that"

When it comes to Hot for Teacher specifically no other rock band other than maybe Zeppelin had the talent to take drums and a guitar and do that at that level. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bussman said:

When it comes to Hot for Teacher specifically no other rock band other than maybe Zeppelin had the talent to take drums and a guitar and do that at that level. 

It wasnt technical talent.....it was innovative talent.

Nobody had ever wrote a song with a riff like that and its Alex's forever now. It's just a fucking awesome drum beat.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nobody had ever wrote a song with a riff like that and its Alex's forever now. It's just a fucking awesome drum beat.

Yes. 

As I’ve aged certain songs I either didn’t pay attention to or forgot about I’ve rediscovered their greatness. This one really got me recently. 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’ll take creativity over technical proficiency 

38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck.....did Frenchy just say Alex van Halen was basic????

Alex is in the same league as Peart as a drumming master. His technique and innovation rank up there with the best.

Good grief what's with the opinions here

👍🏼

25 minutes ago, bussman said:

I don’t put Alex in the highest level elite but he is anything but basic. I’m guessing Frenchy has never really listened to him or realized those records were mixed putting Eddie in the spotlight over Alex and Micheal usually. The Hot For Teacher intro is literally better as an intro than anything Peart did as an intro. Doesn’t make Alex better, but basic? Come on. 

👍🏼

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Cool. The “70’s was a great time for concerts. One of the best bands live was the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. I would probably go as far as to say the best live. They were my very first live concert. Saw them twice. 

One of the best live albums ever......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

There will never be another rock group as good as Led Zeppelin. They were a once every 500 years occurrence. I’ve never met a person in my age group that doesn’t fucking love Led Zeppelin. 

Greatest band ever,  GnR might have had the ability to get to that point if Axl wasn't an ass,  Appetite is still IMO the greatest rock album ever

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bussman said:

keith Moon? Fuck David Grohl is twice the drummer AVH was. 

Peart studied years under Freddie Gruber. You’re no slouch if Freddie took you under his wing. When the Buddy Rich memorial was announced, guess which drummer got the call to play with the Buddy Rich band? Peart. Pretty much says it all right their. Peart got picked to fill the chair of the greatest drummer who ever lived. 

Edited by spin_dry

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Greatest band ever,  GnR might have had the ability to get to that point if Axl wasn't an ass,  Appetite is still IMO the greatest rock album ever

100 years from now Led Zep will still be regarded. GnR who? That’s what they’ll say. Led Zep is Mozart in rock. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Cool. The “70’s was a great time for concerts. One of the best bands live was the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. I would probably go as far as to say the best live. They were my very first live concert. Saw them twice. 

Allman bros was a great live band . Never saw the original skynard , Wished I had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, bussman said:

Two drummers that hardly get mentioned but are incredibly talented and creative are Stuart Copeland and Kenny Aronoff. 

Matt Cameron and Bill Ward are pretty damn good as well.....