Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Only time in history stocks have been more expensive was the dotcom bubble.

That is incorrect.  Off top of my head 25 yr avg valuation of s+p 500 stock is around 16.7x earnings, and they were under 18x last quarter, according to data I get, and thats less than 1 std deviation from the norm.  Not crazy given the earnings of those stocks.  I dont like all the money going into the repo markets , but that's another matter.  You’ll laugh but i see another strong close today as evidence in the confidence the markets have in Trump.  Futures were off north of 400 pts and everyone though the bombs were gonna bomb the market.  Look what happened.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

There are no fundamentals at play here, if I was cynical I would say it looks like a massive theft is in the works. 

Calm down

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think that central banks globally are indirectly buying equities.

It is the only explanation 

There would be proof of that.  You guys got some wild imaginations

2 hours ago, Anler said:

There are no fundamentals at play here, if I was cynical I would say it looks like a massive theft is in the works. 

You do know the markets have not been positive every year since 2008?

You also understand there are many other good investments with zero market influence.  If I invested in private REITs with zero market exposure in 2005 instead of public equities, I would be even further ahead than today.  That's a tuff act to follow bud.

• Gold Member
On 1/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Here we go!!! Just like I said, something is gonna' happen to the market!!!!

Goddamn fuck, goddamn fuck, goddamn fuck the Middle fukkin' east!!

Dow futures are down 350 points!!

Goddamn fuck Trump, the market, the middle east, and every fukkin thing in this fukkin world!! 

Don’t look now but you are prolly the wealthiest you ever been!!!  

markets responding well to the kill of the Iranian general as the Iran government bows to Trumps wishes!

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Don’t look now but you are prolly the wealthiest you ever been!!!  

markets responding well to the kill of the Iranian general as the Iran government bows to Trumps wishes!

Yes, you're right. However, it's the volatility that I hate. At the slightest blow of a leaf, I can lose a ton. 

What keeps me in, is my greed. 

If the China, and Mexico trade deals get finalized, the market should spike. However, then we have the fukkin' impeachment bullshit clouding everything.

It's all a gamble. That's what I hate...………...the uncertainty.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It goes with the territory.

Yup. I shouldn't complain, I have made a lot of dollar bills this past year.   I'll try to stop whining, but it will be difficult for me to do.   :whine:

16 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That is incorrect.  Off top of my head 25 yr avg valuation of s+p 500 stock is around 16.7x earnings, and they were under 18x last quarter, according to data I get, and thats less than 1 std deviation from the norm.  Not crazy given the earnings of those stocks.  I dont like all the money going into the repo markets , but that's another matter.  You’ll laugh but i see another strong close today as evidence in the confidence the markets have in Trump.  Futures were off north of 400 pts and everyone though the bombs were gonna bomb the market.  Look what happened.

Calm down

There would be proof of that.  You guys got some wild imaginations

Inflation adjusted which us the only relevant way to measure PE says you're wrong.

https://www.multpl.com/shiller-pe

47 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yup. I shouldn't complain, I have made a lot of dollar bills this past year.   I'll try to stop whining, but it will be difficult for me to do.   :whine:

Horse shit 

7 minutes ago, The One said:

Horse shit 

OK, if I made some money this year, can I hit you?? Seriously, how much would I have had to make this past year, for me to LEGALLY strike you with a MAGLITE????

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

OK, if I made some money this year, can I hit you?? Seriously, how much would I have had to make this past year, for me to LEGALLY strike you with a MAGLITE????

U have no money 

42 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Made numerous dollar bills today. If this keeps up I'll probably hit a big milestone before long.

Likely 3 new sleds with all the fixings after all the numbers come in.

What are you waiting for?

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Made numerous dollar bills today. If this keeps up I'll probably hit a big milestone before long.

Lmmfao B.S

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty sure it's been priced in already.  Nice to see it bump up a bit regardless.

We got a couple of days to go. Maybe it will bump up. I don't know.  :dunno: