Check your account email address ×

DOW 30,000

Snake

13 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You're kinda' right. Hate to admit it. 

I do this shit for a living and see far too many examples like you. The best thing that can do for your heirs is to simplify your estate, and have a little fun for yourself in the proess. Get your beneficiary designations Figured out. Talk to your Fidelity guy. You can thank me later, when you’re dead.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I do this shit for a living. I see far too many examples like you. The best thing that can do for your heirs is to simplify your estate, and have a little fun for yourself in the proess. Get your beneficiary designations Figured out. Talk to your Fidelity guy. You can thank me later, when you’re dead.

Great advice.  He needs to step up and get it done.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I do this shit for a living. I see far too many examples like you. The best thing that can do for your heirs is to simplify your estate, and have a little fun for yourself in the proess. Get your beneficiary designations Figured out. Talk to your Fidelity guy. You can thank me later, when you’re dead.

Oh, believe me I ruminate about this exact stuff every day. I believe this year I'll take some action. I don't like what I see. It's really the land that is the dilemma. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Great advice.  He needs to step up and get it done.  

My retirement is hopefully going to look similar to yours, and will involve living out of a motor home as well.  A couple more years we might be joining you and Sherry down at Havasu..  :bc:  

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

Oh, believe me I ruminate about this exact stuff every day. I believe this year I'll take some action. I don't like what I see. It's really the land that is the dilemma. 

Sell it all, and spend the proceeds on hookers and blow.  You can thank me later.  :lol:  :bc: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So be honest.  How old are you?  The southwest is a pretty cool place.  Lots of us old guys having fun here.  

Funny you should say that. I was thinking about heading to the north country, but as I'm getting older, I'm getting more arthritic. Arizona was always known as a good, warm, dry climate for arthritics. 

Maybe the north country is NOT for me. 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

My retirement is hopefully going to look similar to yours, and will involve living out of a motor home as well.  A couple more years we might be joining you and Sherry down at Havasu..  :bc:  

This is a pretty cool place.  There are very few places where you can live around this much fun for this little cost.  Parker 425 this weekend.  The weather is incredible.  Every weekend there is an event sponsored by Havasu or some other entertainment organization.  The rodeo today was awesome.  Brand new pubs opening up in the hills. You have to plan every day here or you will miss something.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Funny you should say that. I was thinking about heading to the north country, but as I'm getting older, I'm getting more arthritic. Arizona was always known as a good, warm, dry climate for arthritics. 

Maybe the north country is NOT for me. 

Can't you just be honest?

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sell it all, and spend the proceeds on hookers and blow.  You can thank me later.  :lol:  :bc: 

There's an element of validity in what you say. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Someone famous will die next month.

You wouldnt believe how many people I have who retire with X, and die with 2x.  You work your whole life to accumulate these assets. What good are they if you don’t enjoy them to some extent? 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

How old you are.  And if you actually have a little money.  You don't have to be rich to live down here.  Couple hundred G's and SS and you can survive.  

72 1/2

Ok so how much do you need every month to live?  

Well, right now a lot, 'cause I'm paying too goddamn much in taxes, and helpin' too many people. 

I made out bills the other night, $9667.00. However, this was an EXCEPTIONAL month with my quarterlies and some property taxes,

oil bills, credit card, medicare, cable, phones, electric. Yeah, I know :wtf:.

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Well, right now a lot, 'cause I'm paying too goddamn much in taxes, and helpin' too many people. 

I made out bills the other night, $9667.00. However, this was an EXCEPTIONAL month with my quarterlies and some property taxes,

You need to start living for yourself.  For $3500 you can live like a king here.  $1000 for rent, $500 for health insurance. $300 for all utilities. $500 for partying and going out to eat.  $500 for transportation. $700 for misc BS.  

I live for almost nothing down here and we party every day.  

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Your Fidelity guy should be able to walk you through what that looks like in the next 10-20 or 30 years. Change your equation.

You need to start living for yourself.  For $3500 you can live like a king here.  $1000 for rent, $500 for health insurance. $300 for all utilities. $500 for partying and going out to eat.  $500 for transportation. $700 for misc BS.  

I live for almost nothing down here and we party every day.  

OMG!! 3500 is so doable!! I have to make some kind of a move this year, our whole area has changed around us...……….we are now surrounded by sub-divisions!!! The traffic is an abomination. The family has owned it for 105 years. It used to be a farm with hardly anybody around, now it's a big chunk of land in suburbia. 

The changes in the last 20 years have been exponential. Actually, the last couple of years have been unreal.