Check your account email address ×

Magnum Research 1911

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wowza. That is a bad boy no doubt. 

It’s fun to mix and match different calibers....  spin the wheel and start firing.  Not sure what’s going to come out when squeezing the trigger.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

What the hell is that , a Rock Island?

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

Springfield 1911 Defender.

Is that the one you bought a few months back...that was a helluva good price Springfield had going.

The Colt Model 1911

Probably the most recognizable pistol in U.S. military history, the Colt Model 1911 served American troops in both World War I and World War II as well as Korea, Vietnam, and many other 20th-century conflicts. In fact, this pistol served as the sidearm for the U.S. military for 74 years.

A government-issue ‘Model of 1911’ pistol (serial number: 94854) manufactured in 1914 A government-issue ‘Model of 1911’ pistol (serial number: 94854) manufactured in 1914

The Colt Model 1911 was the first semi-automatic pistol to be adopted by the U.S. military. Over 2 million pistols were created, and it became a favorite weapon because of the powerful .45 ACP rounds that stopped enemies in their tracks.

This pistol’s lethality made it virtually irreplaceable until the U.S. military decided to adopt the smaller-caliber M9 Beretta in the mid-1980s.

Despite the military’s official adoption of this newer pistol, many Special Forces units opted to carry the 1911 over the Berretta, and it remains a favorite of the United States Marine Corps Reconnaissance Forces.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

The Colt Model 1911

Probably the most recognizable pistol in U.S. military history, the Colt Model 1911 served American troops in both World War I and World War II as well as Korea, Vietnam, and many other 20th-century conflicts. In fact, this pistol served as the sidearm for the U.S. military for 74 years.

A government-issue ‘Model of 1911’ pistol (serial number: 94854) manufactured in 1914 A government-issue ‘Model of 1911’ pistol (serial number: 94854) manufactured in 1914

The Colt Model 1911 was the first semi-automatic pistol to be adopted by the U.S. military. Over 2 million pistols were created, and it became a favorite weapon because of the powerful .45 ACP rounds that stopped enemies in their tracks.

This pistol’s lethality made it virtually irreplaceable until the U.S. military decided to adopt the smaller-caliber M9 Beretta in the mid-1980s.

Despite the military’s official adoption of this newer pistol, many Special Forces units opted to carry the 1911 over the Berretta, and it remains a favorite of the United States Marine Corps Reconnaissance Forces.

Interesting highlighted portion...guess those Marines have their shit together. 

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They'll be teaching the Army faggots how to shot 

341061783_tenor.gif.cf(19).gif.5f0b488f290a428a1d45203110b9cff2.gif

The newbie boot MP son qualified expert on the M9. Zero misses from the hip. :news: 

He’s in Korea now and struggling being alone at Christmas. Keep those people in your thoughts today, you and I know how he feels. :bc: 

1 hour ago, bussman said:

The newbie boot MP son qualified expert on the M9. Zero misses from the hip. :news: 

He’s in Korea now and struggling being alone at Christmas. Keep those people in your thoughts today, you and I know how he feels. :bc: 

Awesome. 

I never did do pistol marksmanship qual, but I did several combat pistol live fire exercises (thousands and thousands of rounds) with the M45A1 ,M9 & Sig P226 MK25 and P229 (used by Navy Seals). I have an M9A1. Beretta makes a great pistol. one of my favorites that I own. Pistol qual in the Marine grunts was mostly limited to officers, Staff NCOs , ROs, corpsmen and Chaplin's, and guys who did Embassy and guard duty.   I was supposed to go the range for pistol qual when I was RO (radio operator) for 18 months (I would have qualified with the M9) but the range got double scheduled and we got bumped out of the slot because the other unit was registered for qual first.  When we got rescheduled, I was no longer the RO. I did get to do some cool shit as an RO.  Got to call in live artillery, mortars, AH1 Cobra helicopters and a simulated Naval gun fire from a destroyer.  And I also got to call in a live air strike of F18s and Harriers.  I did shoot expert on the rifle range 5x tho. 200, 300 and 500M with iron sights. 

Oh I know all about that. I spent 3 out of 4 Christmas's away from home. :bc:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1