Check your account email address ×

Brennan being investigated by Durham

jtssrx

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never said evil wins.....or at least i didnt intend that. Under our current corrupt system wrong doing is not held to account if you are rich and powerful.

It has not always been this way and we will evolve past this.

We will never “evolve” past that. If we’ve evolved we’ve gone backwards. 

23 minutes ago, bussman said:

That requires more faith than I’m capable of, I’ll just have to disagree with you. 

Nope....I'll force you to agree through use of my superior intellect.

Through a campaign of rudimentary name calling and requests for you to end your own life you will see things my way.

In the end you will be hauling your skidoo in the back of your ford and there will be an "all cops are bastards" bumper sticker where the WWJD one once resided!!

Now KILL YOURSELF!!!!

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Through a campaign of rudimentary name calling and requests for you to end your own life you will see things my way.

In the end you will be hauling your skidoo in the back of your ford and there will be an "all cops are bastards" bumper sticker where the WWJD one once resided!!

Now KILL YOURSELF!!!!

*bussman goes verklempt*

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Now KILL YOURSELF!!!!

I hereby nominate this for post of the week!!

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Now KILL YOURSELF!!!!

I fucking LOLOLLL’ED!  Except the skidoo part threw me.....I thought Bussy was a man?

31 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

I hereby nominate this for post of the week!!

2nd!!!!!!!

So let me lay a hypothetical for Bhen. I ain't trying to bust his balls, just want an honest answer without the hyperbole...

Yes, everyone agrees powerful people get away with murder. That has been the way forever, and a lot of that won't change.

My hypothesis is, regardless what you think or feel inside about him, what if this investigation he is doing actually proves some strong men guilty, and brings them to justice... and cages them. As unreal as that may be, what if it does happen?

What if he finds, and keeps digging. A Trump re-election could keep Barr in office for 5 more years. Ample time to clean up this and other messes.... actually make people think again about the consequences.

I will tell you here, this is the kind of shit I wanted when I voted. I think the man was sincere about change in that direction. It may have taken getting impeached to get this whole ball rolling... but I think it is rolling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

So let me lay a hypothetical for Bhen. I ain't trying to bust his balls, just want an honest answer without the hyperbole...

Yes, everyone agrees powerful people get away with murder. That has been the way forever, and a lot of that won't change.

My hypothesis is, regardless what you think or feel inside about him, what if this investigation he is doing actually proves some strong men guilty, and brings them to justice... and cages them. As unreal as that may be, what if it does happen?

What if he finds, and keeps digging. A Trump re-election could keep Barr in office for 5 more years. Ample time to clean up this and other messes.... actually make people think again about the consequences.

I will tell you here, this is the kind of shit I wanted when I voted. I think the man was sincere about change in that direction. It may have taken getting impeached to get this whole ball rolling... but I think it is rolling.

If those things you laid out happen....but at the same time Barr is given leeway to implement his vision for private citizens 4th amendment's rights? 

I'd consider that a net loss....

I can see how some might celebrate some justice being done but at what cost?

At this point I'm a single issue voter. If someone advocates for or has acted in a meaningful way to harm our rights to privacy as free citizens then it's a non starter for me. 

That's as honest as i can answer.

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If those things you laid out happen....but at the same time Barr is given leeway to implement his vision for private citizens 4th amendment's rights? 

I'd consider that a net loss....

I can see how some might celebrate some justice being done but at what cost?

At this point I'm a single issue voter. If someone advocates for or has acted in a meaningful way to harm our rights to privacy as free citizens then it's a non starter for me. 

That's as honest as i can answer.

That's all I asked for. :bc:  But I gotta say.. this whole thing happening now is predicated on whether or not we will allow the government to illegally spy on an American citizen. Whether it's Page, Trump, Papadopolis..... you gotta see the irony in that.

I guess I am just happy to take what ever victories come our way.

[Martha McCallum] then played a clip of Comey trying to distance himself from the investigation. Comey told Wallace, "As a director sitting on top of an organization with 38,000 people, you can't run an investigation that's seven layers below you. You have to leave it to the career professionals to do...If a director tries to run an investigation, it can get mucked up in other kinds of ways given his or her responsibilities and the impossibility of reaching the work being done at the lower levels."

MacCallum asked Barr, "Do you believe that?"

In his signature forthright manner, which I find both amusing and endearing, he said, "No."

Barr explained, "One of the problems with what happened was precisely that they pulled the investigation up to the executive floors, and it was run and birddogged by a very small group of very high-level officials. The idea that this was seven layers below him is simply not true."

MACCALLUM: Jim Comey came out after you gave your last interview. You responded to the IG Horowitz's report and spoke out about that. And then he spoke with Chris Wallace and he said that the 17 mistakes and omissions that were uncovered in the FISA process, he attributed it to sloppiness largely. What do you say to that?

BARR: I think there's some of them very hard to square with the idea that these were just mistakes and sloppiness. I have said that a number of these episodes leave open the possibility of inferring bad faith or improper motive. But I hasten to add that, as I've said all along, that I've reached no determination on that, nor do I think a final determination on that is appropriate until all the evidence is there. The -- Horowitz himself in his testimony, I think pretty well summed it up, which is this could be on the one hand, at the very least, gross incompetence. On the other hand, it could also be improper motive, and he was not in a position to make that call. And that's why we have the US attorney, John Durham, looking into this.

MACCALLUM: Yeah, and I want to ask you about that in a moment. Are you surprised that James Comey is so convinced himself that all of this was completely above board? He came out and said there was no treason and there's no spying at all on the president.

BARR: Well, I think the IG report and the recent letter from the FISA court I think pulls the rug out from under that analysis. There was serious misconduct, as the court itself has said. And one of the things that I object to is the tact being taken by Comey, which is to suggest that people who are criticizing or trying to get to the bottom of the misconduct are somehow attacking the FBI. I think that's nonsense. We're criticizing and concerned about misconduct by a few actors at the top of the FBI, and they should be criticized if they engaged in serious misconduct. That doesn't mean we're criticizing the FBI, and I think the tact of trying to wrap yourself in the institution and say, gee, people who are criticizing the decisions I made are attacking the institution. I noticed people don't that as far as I'm concerned, people feel free to criticize me. And I don't say, gee, you're attacking the honest men and women of the Department of Justice. I think leaders, you know, have to own their decisions and are fair game if they make bad decisions.

That's well stated by Barr....

Its just so tough for me to take anything the man says as truth when in one breath hes telling us about the massive abuse the FISA process was subjected to and how it impacted our nation at the highest levels.....

Then in the same week when others are calling for the dissolution of the secret FISA courts altogether Barr throws a fit and claims that the secret courts are one of the most effective tools for keeping is safe.

It just screams of biased blatant selectiveness......Barr doesn't give two fucks if FISA court abuse leads to average citizens rights being violated. 

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, Pete said:

dude you are a fraud plain and simple.. you call ME out for saying I hope she drops dead yet ben says something even worse and you got nothing to say about it?

That's why you are a fucking douche bag

Now get back to painting

Poor angry lonely Pete.

BTW Ben is entertaining...you're not. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

46 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's well stated by Barr....

Its just so tough for me to take anything the man says as truth when in one breath hes telling us about the massive abuse the FISA process was subjected to and how it impacted our nation at the highest levels.....

Then in the same week when others are calling for the dissolution of the secret FISA courts altogether Barr throws a fit and claims that the secret courts are one of the most effective tools for keeping is safe.

It just screams of biased blatant selectiveness......Barr doesn't give two fucks if FISA court abuse leads to average citizens rights being violated. 

Who says it has to be abused (now)? It’s a useful tool if used legally and constitutionally. Has Barr done that? I seriously don’t know and haven’t heard of him doing it illegally. 

15 minutes ago, bussman said:

Who says it has to be abused (now)? It’s a useful tool if used legally and constitutionally. Has Barr done that? I seriously don’t know and haven’t heard of him doing it illegally. 

It is a worthless tool designed to allow circumvention of public knowledge on the acquisition of warrants.

Its indefensible and the entire IC community cannot site one time any of this metadata spying has even remotely aided in keeping us safe. 

What is has done is put a powerful tool in the hands of the government which can and will be used to police us without our knowledge 

How the fuck did Hillary get away with bashing 13 Blackberrys, and acid-washing 30,000 e-mails? 

THERE IS THE CORRUPTION!!! 

COMEY IS INVOLVED, and his head has to roll along with Hillary. 

I don't know if we'll ever see it. 

Did you guyz see how Nana Big Tits snapped at the dems when they started cheering at the votes for impeachment?

Tell me she ain't a power-hungry bitch!! 

I'd like to put her on GRANNY JUGGS.COM. 

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Did you guyz see how Nana Big Tits snapped at the dems when they started cheering at the votes for impeachment?

Tell me she ain't a power-hungry bitch!! 

I'd like to put her on GRANNY JUGGS.COM. 

She tried to stop them from making absolute fools of themselves.

Too late.

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

She tried to stop them from making absolute fools of themselves.

Too late.

Our DC officials have become the " THEATER OF THE ABSURD ". 

I do not believe what I've been seeing for the last few years. 

Trump was right, IT IS A SWAMP. 

They won't go down easily, that's for sure. 

Ironically, it's Trump's people that are/were in jail!!!!!!!!!

Comey, Lynch, Hillary, McCabe, Stroczk, Page, etc. are out giving TV interviews!!!  :wtf::wtf::wtf:

If Durham doesn't get these bastids, then it's over.  

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

It is a worthless tool designed to allow circumvention of public knowledge on the acquisition of warrants.

Its indefensible and the entire IC community cannot site one time any of this metadata spying has even remotely aided in keeping us safe

What is has done is put a powerful tool in the hands of the government which can and will be used to police us without our knowledge 

Well said, but number one, you don’t know the bold.  And I’m not defending this either, as much as wondering why this singular issue sends you in such a lather too.  I do believe there are still well intentioned people in our government.  Its origins and original intentions were to help combat terrorism, which I’m good with.  The fact that its under scrutiny is also good.  And I don’t trust the fisa court any more than the people abusing it, they have a tremendous power that they are now in danger of losing, you should be good that its at least being scrutinized.  And before you go crazy, its just my opinion, none of it has or will ever impact me in any way.  

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well said, but number one, you don’t know the bold.  And I’m not defending this either, as much as wondering why this singular issue sends you in such a lather too.  I do believe there are still well intentioned people in our government.  Its origins and original intentions were to help combat terrorism, which I’m good with.  The fact that its under scrutiny is also good.  And I don’t trust the fisa court any more than the people abusing it, they have a tremendous power that they are now in danger of losing, you should be good that its at least being scrutinized.  And before you go crazy, its just my opinion, none of it has or will ever impact me in any way.  

I have just come to examine the issue in a more existential manner. I'm thinking about how the world will look for my great great grandkids.

No doubt there are well intentioned people attempting to use the tools they have to protect us.

My issue is how powerful those tools are and how easily they can be turned on us as we strip oversight and relinquish resistance to them.

It all comes down to how much we are willing to sacrifice in an effort to stay safe from any threat.

I think it's better to be free than have the illusion of safety.

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its indefensible and the entire IC community cannot site one time any of this metadata spying has even remotely aided in keeping us safe. 

I can’t disagree with you. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have just come to examine the issue in a more existential manner. I'm thinking about how the world will look for my great great grandkids.

No doubt there are well intentioned people attempting to use the tools they have to protect us.

My issue is how powerful those tools are and how easily they can be turned on us as we strip oversight and relinquish resistance to them.

It all comes down to how much we are willing to sacrifice in an effort to stay safe from any threat.

I think it's better to be free than have the illusion of safety.

this

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

W

As scary as the government is when using metadata I think some of the private firms like Google and Apple could end up being worse.

They are arms of the govt. Private firms do not have the ability to restrict our rights and assimilate us into a full blown police state. The government does and is seeking to do so.