Check your account email address ×

Anyone here know much about bikes?

Rod

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have zero clue about bikes....I just hate bikers so I'm obligated to trash harleys :lol:

i hear ya.  the dirty ol biker type isnt what most i know are today tho. you still have them around but those are the minority in any circles i move in.     i do a bunch of benefit rides during the season and most of them end up stopping midway at some fookin dive bar i wouldt step foot in any other time. i laugh at it the overview all the time.   

1 minute ago, old indy said:

i hear ya.  the dirty ol biker type isnt what most i know are today tho. you still have them around but those are the minority in any circles i move in.     i do a bunch of benefit rides during the season and most of them end up stopping midway at some fookin dive bar i wouldt step foot in any other time. i laugh at it the overview all the time.   

I know some decent guys I guess but I wouldnt want to hang out with a bunch of them together

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't find my buddies road glide comfortable and he's my size,  I want the feet a bit more under me.  I'm still looking around for a deal on a cross country as overall i found that fit best.  

Has he done the usuall changes?  tallboy seat ECt..?     i found the roadglide feel wasnt as comfortable as my Streetglide,, that surprised me as i was thinking they would be the same aside from the fairing. UNDER you?   oh ok mine go right out in front of me automatically

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't mind them so much either but, when they need flaggers at intersections to stop traffic so the whole group can stay together...well.....I'm starting to get annoyed.  Pretty sure this isn't even legal.

its a "parade" thing.  it can be done legally but most times we just block traffic whenever we get up over ten bikes or so.   pisses people off pretty good at times     

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I guess I'd have to see in what world a cruiser will hold up against a sport bike in any type of race.  These are bizarre comparisons to me.  

Am I missing the Isle of Man cruiser classes?  Or, aren't those televised?

Indian scout is a cruiser with 600 crotch rocket performance 

3 minutes ago, old indy said:

Has he done the usuall changes?  tallboy seat ECt..?     i found the roadglide feel wasnt as comfortable as my Streetglide,, that surprised me as i was thinking they would be the same aside from the fairing. UNDER you?   oh ok mine go right out in front of me automatically

its a "parade" thing.  it can be done legally but most times we just block traffic whenever we get up over ten bikes or so.   pisses people off pretty good at times     

thats my issue,  i just am not used to that from riding sleds, atv's and dirt bikes in the past.  even with my old chassis sleds i likes to bend the knees under me a lot

he does have the tall boy seat and extended boards.   I really want to find someone my size with a streetglide i can try.  

1 minute ago, old indy said:

Ten bikes is nothing.  Some of the shit up here have to number in the 100's.

3 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Indian scout is a cruiser with 600 crotch rocket performance 

I don't see it.  What kind of "performance" are you talking?  

BTW...if i were to own a cruiser...this one is sharp.  I saw a matte black one a while back on the road that looked cool too.

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't see it.  What kind of "performance" are you talking?  

BTW...if i were to own a cruiser...this one is sharp.  I saw a matte black one a while back on the road that looked cool too.

image.jpeg

Straight line. What else is there 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

thats my issue,  i just am not used to that from riding sleds, atv's and dirt bikes in the past.  even with my old chassis sleds i likes to bend the knees under me a lot

he does have the tall boy seat and extended boards.   I really want to find someone my size with a streetglide i can try.  

In the spring head to American HD in Loeminster, they will set a bike up for you to test ride. you cantest out a bunch of differnt seats if you want.   they cater to the customer more than any shop ive been in. they will give you 15% off all futher parts/merch purchases with them also.         FUCK  Laconia HD 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

something that made a huge difference in comfort was adding just 3/4 of an inch spacers to the running boards.  i was blown away how much more comfy it made my feet and legs as my feet always seemed to be hanging off the outside of them before. there is a 1.25" spacer kit also. 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the m109 is pretty badass.  no doubt some of the jap bikes are faster but harleys are not toilets like they were years ago.  Just wish they fit a tall fat rider like they do short fat riders and I'd have one in the garage.    

My wife's uncle who just passed away back in July was 6'10 and rode his whole lfe.  My old neighbor rode with his dad,  from the time he was a teenager, until he did from a heart attack at 47. He was 6'5-6'6.  I know another guy who hangs out with and rides with my wife's aunt and uncle.  Big Jim has got to be at least 6'6"-6'7", maybe 6'8". Those guys all have/had full dressers.    You'd easily be comfortable on one of them. 

2 hours ago, old indy said:

There's HUGE difference between biker club and biker gang.  I've been around both.  You really don't want anything to do with a biker gang.  They really are not good people to be around.  My old neighbor, who passed away back in 2014 was a Devil's Diciple for many many years.  He didn't tell me how or why he no longer rode with them, but I didn't ask. That's usually something you don't just walk away from. A lot of those guys would still come by his house a lot tho. They were still buddies with him on the side, because our other neighbor across the street was the service manager at Detroit Harley and those guys from the DDs were always getting work done out of the garage across the street.  I was cordial with the the guys from the DDs when they would come by to see my neighbor. Even drank with them on several occasions. But I never gave up any personal info to them. I didn't/don't trust them a bit.  They were cool with me , because I was cool with my neighbor.  We took care of each other. But I always had in the back of my mind was how he wasn't with them anymore.  I often wonder if he wasn't set up by them and his death wasn't an accident.  My neighbor partied hard (was divorced but had no kids) I know they did more than just smoke weed.  I'm still not 100% sure they didn't give him some drugs that were "hot" or "loaded" to get back at him for no longer being a DD .  I never did ask his mom (who lived down the street from me a little bit) what the autopsy showed that he actually died from.  When we went to the visitation and funeral, there were tons of Devil's Diciples and other gangs there. He was well known around the area. I miss Jimmy a lot.  He was a great guy. Give you the shirt off his back , and never expect a favor or repayment in return. RIP Jimmy "Huck" 1735088658_Screenshot_20191209-1201022.thumb.png.32734d0c47e12456f2cb5840f6424d9a.png

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1

If one is really looking for performance from a motorcycle, are Harley or Indian even in the running?

I have not ridden many, but the few I have could not even be compared, performance wise to the Jap hyper bikes I've owned...like riding a ski-whiz vs an XRS or sidewinder....

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

My wife's uncle who just passed away back in July was 6'10 and rode his whole lfe.  My old neighbor rode with his dad,  from the time he was a teenager, until he did from a heart attack at 47. He was 6'5-6'6.  I know another guy who hangs out with and rides with my wife's aunt and uncle.  Big Jim has got to be at least 6'6"-6'7", maybe 6'8". Those guys all have/had full dressers.    You'd easily be comfortable on one of them. 

There's HUGE difference between biker club and biker gang.  I've been around both.  You really don't want anything to do with a biker gang.  They really are not good people to be around.  My old neighbor, who passed away back in 2014 was a Devil's Diciple for many many years.  He didn't tell me how or why he no longer rode with them, but I didn't ask. That's usually something you don't just walk away from. A lot of those guys would still come by his house a lot tho. They were still buddies with him on the side, because our other neighbor across the street was the service manager at Detroit Harley and those guys from the DDs were always getting work done out of the garage across the street.  I was cordial with the the guys from the DDs when they would come by to see my neighbor. Even drank with them on several occasions. But I never gave up any personal info to them. I didn't/don't trust them a bit.  They were cool with me , because I was cool with my neighbor.  We took care of each other. But I always had in the back of my mind was how he wasn't with them anymore.  I often wonder if he wasn't set up by them and his death wasn't an accident.  My neighbor partied hard (was divorced but had no kids) I know they did more than just smoke weed.  I'm still not 100% sure they didn't give him some drugs that were "hot" or "loaded" to get back at him for no longer being a DD .  I never did ask his mom (who lived down the street from me a little bit) what the autopsy showed that he actually died from.  When we went to the visitation and funeral, there were tons of Devil's Diciples and other gangs there. He was well known around the area. I miss Jimmy a lot.  He was a great guy. Give you the shirt off his back , and never expect a favor or repayment in return. RIP Jimmy "Huck" 1735088658_Screenshot_20191209-1201022.thumb.png.32734d0c47e12456f2cb5840f6424d9a.png

Ive known a bunch of both good and bAd bikers over the years and ya hard core MC guys generally dont walk away, but it happens.  if his buds were still stopping by off and on he must have been legit. ?  or they worked him till they found he wasnt who he said he was..........?      i learned a long time ago, never get tangled up in that club bullshit

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, old indy said:

Ive known a bunch of both good and bAd bikers over the years and ya hard core MC guys generally dont walk away, but it happens.  if his buds were still stopping by off and on he must have been legit. ?  or they worked him till they found he wasnt who he said he was..........?      i learned a long time ago, never get tangled up in that club bullshit

Me too. I know guys from many bike clubs.  FRMC , The Highwaymen , The Outcasts, Hells Our Home, Liberty Riders, Iron Mustangs and The Devil's Diciples.  Most are good dudes.  But I know there's lots in those clubs who aren't.

I think my neighbor was dealing.  He always had people in and out of his house.  Not just the bikers, but there was always people stopping by.  Some regulars who I knew, but lots of randoms.  And the visits were short.   He had a ton of $ and always had bad ass truck , cars, multiple bikes.  A custom chopper.  Cars and bikes in multiple magazines. Hung out with Hefner a bunch of times.  He had lots of connections. He had more toys and lived a lifestyle way bigger than what his legit job (he worked for his uncle at his muffler shop)  would cover. 

Oh I know he was a legit DD. Yea I know it can and does happen. It's just doesn't happen that easy.  My wife's uncle was a DD in the 70s 80s, and early 90s.  He was Sgt At Arms at one point. He still has his jacket and vest. Vest is framed hanging in their basement. I'll snap a picture of it next time I'm over.   I remember him back when he was still riding with them.  We were all scared to death of him 😂

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

19 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Me too. I know guys from many bike clubs.  FRMC , The Highwaymen , The Outcasts, Hells Our Home, Liberty Riders, Iron Mustangs. Most are good dudes.  But I know there's lots who aren't.

I think my neighbor was dealing.  He always had people in and out of his house.  Not just the bikers, but there was always people stopping by.  Some regulars who I knew, but lots of ransoms.  And the visits were short.   He had a ton of $ and always had bad ass truck , cars, multiple bikes.  A custom chopper.  Cars and bikes in multiple magazines. Hung out with Hefner a bunch of times.  He had lots of connections. 

Oh I know he was a legit DD. Yea I know it can and does happen. It's just doesn't happen that easy.  My wife's uncle was a DD in the 70s 80s, and early 90s.  He was Sgt At Arms at one point. He still has his jacket and vest. Vest is framed hanging in their basement. I'll snap a picture of it next time I'm over.   I remember him back when he was still riding with them.  We were all scared to death of him 😂

yup sounds like a dealer  lol  No denying the cash is good!  it gets a little weird at times where i work and ride with a couple guys from the HA  and other times its others i know from diferent clubs,, not HA compliant,  i have wondered,    what if the other guy sees me riding and talking to him??  so i mostly givm a nod and ride by all of them. 

Edited by old indy