Check your account email address ×

Just wait till those idiots get those Tesla trucks with 200kwh+ battery packs

BOHICA

9 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Best fuel economy I had towing was with a 5.3/6 speed at 55 MPH

the 6.2 and Dmax tow incredibly better but burn the fuel doing it 

even the old 5.3/4 sp combo wan't bad.  I would get 14 or so with my 2 place clamshell,  12 with my boat.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

even the old 5.3/4 sp combo wan't bad.  I would get 14 or so with my 2 place clamshell,  12 with my boat.  

LB7 Duramax's before CC's were beasts towing.   13MPG+ towing 10K lbs.   Even better towing less.   Then they went to the LLY engine and it dropped in half. :wall:   This was around the same time diesel got more expensive than gas.  

You want a fantastic truck find a 2004 or older Duramax with the LB7.     Unreal milage both towing and unloaded.  Probably hard to find them under 150K that haven't been running programmers.  

https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=9775&page=7

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

LB7 Duramax's before CC's were beasts towing.   13MPG+ towing 10K lbs.   Even better towing less.   Then they went to the LLY engine and it dropped in half. :wall:   This was around the same time diesel got more expensive than gas.  

You want a fantastic truck find a 2004 or older Duramax with the LB7.     Unreal milage both towing and unloaded.  Probably hard to find them under 150K that haven't been running programmers.  

https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=9775&page=7

i was shocked first time i towed with the 03 Dmax.  so much better than the 6.0 denali xl i had at the same time which I thought was good but the ride of all the 00's diesels too me was too harsh for the miles I was putting on a vehicle. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

California has the worst electrical grid in the country and yet they are pushing for electric cars? Oh and no Nukes!!!

That's what the Global warming alarmists want, no nukes either! I can't image someone being so brain dead that they think the worlds population can survive on wind and solar power alone! Nuclear has practically zero emissions but the alarmist imbeciles just see it as bad all the way around. If these imbeciles had a clue what this will do for their kids/grand kids and future generations, they'd be embracing it instead of trying to push it away! 

climit1.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

California has the worst electrical grid in the country and yet they are pushing for electric cars? Oh and no Nukes!!!

nukes to this day make the most sense given the amount of power output and the normal enviromental issues with them.    

that said a tesla for personal use with a solar roof would meet most Americans needs and certainly help the grid.  California requiring solar on new homes makes a lot of sense given the issues there.   

30 minutes ago, irv said:

That's what the Global warming alarmists want, no nukes either! I can't image someone being so brain dead that they think the worlds population can survive on wind and solar power alone! Nuclear has practically zero emissions but the alarmist imbeciles just see it as bad all the way around. If these imbeciles had a clue what this will do for their kids/grand kids and future generations, they'd be embracing it instead of trying to push it away! 

climit1.jpg

Hydroelectric and nuclear are the only really viable producers of low emission energy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

nukes to this day make the most sense given the amount of power output and the normal enviromental issues with them.    

that said a tesla for personal use with a solar roof would meet most Americans needs and certainly help the grid.  California requiring solar on new homes makes a lot of sense given the issues there.   

Again no real problem with solar but it is just a small part of the solution not a real fix. California has a feel good energy policy as opposed to a policy based on demand and facts. 

No way I’d go all electric now. Something like the Volt with the motor backup to charge the batteries would work until the batteries have more capacity, and more quick charging options are available. I like to do road trips so range anxiety would be an issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Again no real problem with solar but it is just a small part of the solution not a real fix. California has a feel good energy policy as opposed to a policy based on demand and facts. 

take the homes off the grid and it solves a lot of their issues.  ESp where solar output during the high demand times is high.  Getting widespread retrofitting is the issue.  

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Like Global warming, they don't believe in facts, just computer models that likely show them things will be hunky dory. :wacko:

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

take the homes off the grid and it solves a lot of their issues.  ESp where solar output during the high demand times is high.  Getting widespread retrofitting is the issue.  

Storage is the issue. No large scale storage available at this point so solar is mostly a waste.

21 hours ago, irv said:

Don't paint us all with the same brush. It was mainly the GTA idiots who voted him back in. You guys ended up with the NDP. How'd that happen? :dunno:

you're right irv. toronto-lib. vancouver and the island. touche. forgive me. i know all ontarians arent as fucked as a couple cunts on this site

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Americans are trying to help the environment, meanwhile the fukkin Chinese and African population is forecast to explode in the coming years. Filthy, breeding bastards are gonna' pollute the world on us.