Check your account email address ×

RACING SEASON BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wowza. Thats crazy. 

How ironic is it that a Snowmobile race is cancelled because of too much snow. Hahahaha

Been to a couple races that have been cancelled due to the snow conditions.  Couldn't make it to a race due to weather too.  That was a miserable night on the road. 

Cold, not so much...

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wowza. Thats crazy. 

How ironic is it that a Snowmobile race is cancelled because of too much snow. Hahahaha

I snowmobiled years ago where it was snowing so hard and the snow was so deep my bud and I had to take refuge in a gas station until it blew over. We were trail riding to boot in the woods/forest but we couldn't see shit.

We found our way to a road and followed it to the gas station. A guy in a PU came up behind us and asked if we could stay on the road as our tracks were the only thing that let him know where the road was. I've never experienced anything like that since, and that was before Christmas. 

Edited by irv

9 minutes ago, irv said:

I snowmobiled years ago where it was snowing so hard and the snow was so deep my bud and I had to take refuge in a gas station until it blew over. We were trail riding to boot in the woods/forest but we couldn't see shit.

We found our way to a road and followed it to the gas station. A guy in a PU came up behind us and asked if we could stay on the road as our tracks were the only thing that let him know where the road was. I've never experienced anything like that since, and that was before Christmas. 

During the 14-15 season an area south of us called Lost Lake got a huge dump. Somewhere around 100”. The first day after it stopped About 30 of us showed up at the parking lot thinking we would bust a trail in to the lake and shred the goods. The parking lot was plowed and there was for sure 5’ of snow at the trailhead. 

We spent about 4 hours, made it less than 2 miles up the trail, burned all our fuel and were worn out. My sled had 19 miles on it and was out of gas. 

10 gallons of fuel, 19 miles on the odometer, 2 miles on the gps. 

I will never do that again. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sorry for your loss @Zambroski

Any word on when/where they will make it up?  Sunday at Canterbury would be my vote for one round.

No idea yet.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I honestly have never heard of them shitting anything down there. It must have been really bad.

It's also a nightmare getting in and out of that venue even when its nice 

It was getting bad.  Drivers couldn’t see the track or flaggers and snow was sideways.  Two bad accidents pretty much shut it down.

Plus, the roads getting in and out were getting pretty sketchy.  They were shutting down the shuttle buses.  

Just a fucking mess.

Still...GAME ON!!!!  Wooo hooo!!!

• 2 weeks later...