Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Did Paul Martin book the acts for the Canada 150 celebration Ottawa? How else can you explain Bono & The Edge being there? The panelists on the CBC's Sunday Scrum weren't impressed w/ them being there either.

Other than sucking up to the Liberals in the past for money, what has Bono ever done for Canada?

I hadn't heard of this incident, Google : 'syrian man beats wife with hockey stick' The story seems to have escaped the MSM. Imagine if it was Joe Sixpack an unemployed auto worker in Windsor as the accused? Or a woman wanting service from someone that spoke English. The media would be all over the story.

I guess violent and/or 'ignorant' refugees don't fit the narrative.

He didn't know it was against the law.  What better object to symbolize a Canadian than using a hockey stick.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He didn't know it was against the law.

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

Sounds like he's done well in his time here to acclimatize himself.

Edited by revrnd

Whers Failmaker?

His heartthrob mancrush walked in pride parade today and no failmaker post.

personally i think its a low point in history when our Prime Minister and our Premier march in a parade where police are excluded from marching in uniform.  

Pandering.

JT (I don't mean John Turner either) being PM is a low point in Canadian history. Actually I think the PM is in his element there. His world is full of sunshine & rainbows.

Will they be @ this year's Santa Claus Parade?

And of course BLM had to show up (uninvited)...will they disrupt the Santa Claus Parade because Black Peter is excluded from it?

Global trying to make a story of Scheer not attending the parade.

So Acting Sub- LT Laura Nash had to make a tough decision. Choose between her son and her career.  Her training on warship in Canadian Navy and her resulting assignment for duty caused her grieve and stress.  Now Justin Trudeau is involved and there will be changes so military is more female friendly.  Or some bullshit like that.  Long story in news yesterday.

I don't understand why the Navy or Military has to do anything.  A female choose a career as ship navigator then gets pregnant has a kid and has to decide between 6 month tour as per her job conditions or raise her son.  What is their to change?  Are we going to only go to war from 9 to 4 daily?

She choose a career that required travel.  Do it or quit.  No crybaby bullshit.

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Pandering.

JT (I don't mean John Turner either) being PM is a low point in Canadian history. Actually I think the PM is in his element there. His world is full of sunshine & rainbows.

Will they be @ this year's Santa Claus Parade?

And of course BLM had to show up (uninvited)...will they disrupt the Santa Claus Parade because Black Peter is excluded from it?

Global trying to make a story of Scheer not attending the parade.

Did Justin or others attend Pride before entering politics?

Now they suddenly thinks it's important to them.  They are BS phonies.

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

So Acting Sub- LT Laura Nash had to make a tough decision. Choose between her son and her career.  Her training on warship in Canadian Navy and her resulting assignment for duty caused her grieve and stress.  Now Justin Trudeau is involved and there will be changes so military is more female friendly.  Or some bullshit like that.  Long story in news yesterday.

I don't understand why the Navy or Military has to do anything.  A female choose a career as ship navigator then gets pregnant has a kid and has to decide between 6 month tour as per her job conditions or raise her son.  What is their to change?  Are we going to only go to war from 9 to 4 daily?

She choose a career that required travel.  Do it or quit.  No crybaby bullshit.

Many women have to make that choice.  Nothing wrong if the outfit can accommodate her, but I'm not sure how this one can.  Some companies will setup top women to allow them to continue working and never have a maturity leave, but its not a flat policy for everyone.

The military regardless of the branch, is not like some company in the private sector. What did she think was going to happen when she joined the navy? Stay in Halifax year round? You're right it isn't a 9 to 4 operation. I think some people go into the military not realizing what they're in for. As those of us that know from WWII veterans that never wanted to talk about what they saw, did people nowadays think things would be different. Mind you the last 40 years, we've been bombarded (pun intended) by the notion that we're a nation of peacekeepers & nothing bad happens to our troops. Over the years 130 Canadians died in peace keeping operations, including 28 in Cyprus.

What if she was in the army & had to shoot @ someone in combat?

W/ JT's involvement I can just imagine what the outcome will be? A kinder, gentler military? I guess he'll be able to draw from his father's military service. Oh wait, PET avoided service during WWII.

A few years ago there was a story on CHEX TV about CMHA closing their office in Lindsay. In the segment, there was a 'veteran' bemoaning this due to his PTSD from his time during the military. It was BS because the guy was from Apsley (a few years younger than me) & had washed out during boot camp. As my mother would say, his only ailment was his family name. She had known 3 generations of them & they were lazy fucks all of them.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/23/irish-rockers-u2-playing-canada-150-bash

Hopefully it’s just performing and not another lecture from guys worth hundreds of millions but always begging for tax money for their pet projects.

When in Canada, Bono is usually looking for the taxpayers to up their funding to the poor — a noble pursuit perhaps but probably not appropriate for the 150th birthday celebration.

On Power Play, Don Martin said he'd bet 20 bucks that we get a song & a lecture from Bono.

The PMO didn’t respond when asked if Bono and The Edge are getting paid for their brief appearance. But if they are, hopefully it’s in Canadian funds.

And they pay the carbon tax when they take their corporate jet to Cleveland for their show later in the day on July 1 show.

Thursday, they are in East Rutherford, then off to Ottawa on Saturday & back to Cleveland. So much for reducing the carbon footprint. I saw U2 in the Gardens for the Unforgettable Fire tour, which I enjoyed. It wasn't long after that all of the "Bono is God" nonsense came along & they lost me as a fan. 

Just saw a clip of his response when asked about breaking his promise about electoral reform. The blank look and stultifying silence before he replied was priceless.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/27/jennifer-macintyre-named-canadas-next-climate-change-ambassador_a_23004973/

Can someone tell me why we have one? Supposedly she is the 5th person to hold the job.

Maybe the Window Washer can be sent to Switzerland & Liechtenstein to replace her?

On 2017-06-25 at 9:03 PM, Sksman said:

Whers Failmaker?

personally i think its a low point in history when our Prime Minister and our Premier march in a parade where police are excluded from marching in uniform.  

I think I saw fail in this video

15 hours ago, revrnd said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/27/jennifer-macintyre-named-canadas-next-climate-change-ambassador_a_23004973/

Can someone tell me why we have one? Supposedly she is the 5th person to hold the job.

Maybe the Window Washer can be sent to Switzerland & Liechtenstein to replace her?

More useless bureaucrats sucking off the teat of the average joe.

13 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

I think I saw fail in this video

The pride parade is well past its date of expiration. Not just a big depraved mass of irrelevance.

2 hours ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

The pride parade is well past its date of expiration. Not just a big depraved mass of irrelevance.

As Wynnebag would say, "You're a homophobe!"

On 2017-06-25 at 9:03 PM, Sksman said:

Whers Failmaker?

fail was in PEI traveling around.

I agree he should have not gone and showed his support some way else

On 2017-06-26 at 8:22 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Did Justin or others attend Pride before entering politics?

Now they suddenly thinks it's important to them.  They are BS phonies.

he is the first PM but again look who was there the last 10 years lol

Mayor Lastman was the first to go and set the trend for all mayors (except robbie)

Pride parade was brought in because of the beatings and arrest that were done by Toronto police in 1981 to innocent gay men and others

Edited by 1trailmaker

On 2017-06-25 at 10:01 PM, revrnd said:

Fail says all will be good in the upcoming trade talks. I wonder when Freeland starts to cry? Why else would the Americans place duties on lumber made by nice Canadians? 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/softwood-lumber-duties-1.4177436

you know this isn't the first or the last?  USA has lost in courts every time and had to pay Canadian lumber money.  It will happen again.

Donny hasn't a clue how it works, nor does he care as he thinks this is his own business he is running