Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Implementing the Paris accord entirely will delay climate change by how much once we hit the year 2100?

so we should pull out? 

How do you think Donny will fare in the next election?  USA can pull out just after Don's first term and not before. 

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

People inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. In the name of climate change we should limit the number of kids a family can have to one and set a maximum age people are allowed to live... it will reduce the CO2 emissions.

You do realize there are air scrubbers that can filter the coal fired exhaust.

dude don't try to sell coal, its not a good thing.  I highly doubt you will be installing a coal furnace in your house......

10 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Last I heard CO2 wasn't the cause of smog. Those carbon taxes are going to do nothing but take a lot more money from tax payers and put it in the pockets of government to piss away. I still see that yellow dome of haze over the city as I drive down the 400

Our smog days were directly related to US coal burning which was stopped along our border, now we don't have any smog days.  this isn't a coincidence....

so you too think we should put out and hold Don's hand? 

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

People inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. In the name of climate change we should limit the number of kids a family can have to one and set a maximum age people are allowed to live... it will reduce the CO2 emissions.

You do realize there are air scrubbers that can filter the coal fired exhaust.

That's been thought of before:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

6 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Our smog days were directly related to US coal burning which was stopped along our border, now we don't have any smog days.  this isn't a coincidence....

so you too think we should put out and hold Don's hand? 

Yes before scrubbers.  Same with acid rain.

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

It seems that Freelands measure of leadership and likely Trudopes is hinged on the Paris Accord on Climate Change. There's a whole lot more to leadership of a country than that but based on Trudopes record global warming CLIMATE CHANGE is the be all and end all. I wonder what the next catch phrase cause celeb of the day will be. The ozone layer was disappearing but amazingly HEALED itself. Then global warming was dismissed and now it is just climate change. OOPS that has been happening for a billion years. Lets throw lots of money at climate change in the hope that we have more influence than nature itself.

Gov't mandated indoctrination seminars each & every one of us over a certain age will have to attend.  Afterwards we will become tolerant of Canada's diverse & inclusive society, which makes us stronger (to listen the any Liberal).

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Implementing the Paris accord entirely will delay climate change by how much once we hit the year 2100?

So long as the coal goes through scrubbers, its all good.

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

so we should pull out? 

How do you think Donny will fare in the next election?  USA can pull out just after Don's first term and not before. 

Take your best shot.  Then you tell me.

18 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Don't hear much about that anymore do you?

Just like you don't hear about the ozone layer which unexplainably fixed itself and global warming which fizzled and became climate change... what will be the next phrase / "problem" to be rallied around. When people tire of hearing climate change there will be something to replace it and rejuvenate the ability to steal more money from tax payers in the name of the cause celeb of the day.

Soylent Green was a great movie. Primarily about feeding people rather than the CO2 they exhale though. Perhaps Trudope will want us all to start wearing CO2 capturing face masks to ensure we don't contribute to the pollution.

Edited by 02sled

People became cynical about 'global warming' (especially after they've endured record snowfalls), I think around then it became 'climate change'. I was in Algonquin last week and reading the trail guides. A lot of mentions about the ice ages that covered most of Canada. They said the last glacier that covered southern Ontario was about 11,000 years ago.

Then you have the likes of Dr. Suzuki, Al Gore & our own PM jet-setting around the planet (emphasis on jet) telling us peons that we have to change our ways. I'm not that tech savvy, but could the same thing not be accomplished via tele-conferencing or webinars?

I'm sure that would be a lot easier on the planet than flying over 300 people to Paris so 1 person can sign a document.

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

People became cynical about 'global warming' (especially after they've endured record snowfalls), I think around then it became 'climate change'. I was in Algonquin last week and reading the trail guides. A lot of mentions about the ice ages that covered most of Canada. They said the last glacier that covered southern Ontario was about 11,000 years ago.

Then you have the likes of Dr. Suzuki, Al Gore & our own PM jet-setting around the planet (emphasis on jet) telling us peons that we have to change our ways. I'm not that tech savvy, but could the same thing not be accomplished via tele-conferencing or webinars?

I'm sure that would be a lot easier on the planet than flying over 300 people to Paris so 1 person can sign a document.

I would be the first to get in line against pollution and stricter environment standards, but lets not place CO2 where it does not belong.

On the bold, can't blame freeloaders for a free trip to Paris.

Hey I recycle & dispose of hazardous products in a responsible manner, but blindly following ill-conceived ideologies (see Gerald Butts) will not help anyone or the planet.

Sajjan going on about the previous government not replacing or budgeting for the replacement of the CF18s. No mention about Pere Jean cancelling the program to replace the Sea Kings. How much did that cost taxpayers?

Mind you this plan is being delivered by a guy that lied about his role in Afghanistan, so the proof will be in the pudding years down the road.

33 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Sajjan going on about the previous government not replacing or budgeting for the replacement of the CF18s. No mention about Pere Jean cancelling the program to replace the Sea Kings. How much did that cost taxpayers?

Mind you this plan is being delivered by a guy that lied about his role in Afghanistan, so the proof will be in the pudding years down the road.

The Liberals have vowed to increase military spending by 70% over the next decade. 

Fail, you OK with this?

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The Liberals have vowed to increase military spending by 70% over the next decade. 

Fail, you OK with this?

7% a year?  sure why not, we are going to need it to play in the never ending wars.

Do we or will we be a military world leader? ah da huh NO

If we can respond to natural disasters faster and better I guess its a win

20 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

7% a year?  sure why not, we are going to need it to play in the never ending wars.

Do we or will we be a military world leader? ah da huh NO

If we can respond to natural disasters faster and better I guess its a win

Ah da huh?:lol:

More likely caving to Trump to increase spending.  :lol:

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Don't hear much about that anymore do you?

When Sudbury had open pit smelting all the trees were cut down to burn in the smelter pits, then erosion and the resulting heavy acid rains killed the remaining vegetation . This all was happening at the end of the 19th century, over time they found ways to spread the sulfur dioxide over a wider area using stacks, this caused less damage locally but also spread the area in which acid rain was damaging lakes. Fast forward to the new clean burning smelters and we no longer see acid rain killing lakes in southern Ontario. Coal can also burn clean as can garbage, but being the past burning of coal caused a great many issues it is now ignored and greenies think it is the devil.

22 minutes ago, Boered said:

When Sudbury had open pit smelting all the trees were cut down to burn in the smelter pits, then erosion and the resulting heavy acid rains killed the remaining vegetation . This all was happening at the end of the 19th century, over time they found ways to spread the sulfur dioxide over a wider area using stacks, this caused less damage locally but also spread the area in which acid rain was damaging lakes. Fast forward to the new clean burning smelters and we no longer see acid rain killing lakes in southern Ontario. Coal can also burn clean as can garbage, but being the past burning of coal caused a great many issues it is now ignored and greenies think it is the devil.

Good post.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

70% election promise?

We will maintain current National Defence spending levels, including current planned increases.

Under Stephen Harper, investments in the Canadian Armed Forces have been erratic, promised increases in funding have been scaled back, and more than $10 billion of approved funding was left unspent.

This mismanagement has left Canada’s Armed Forces underfunded and ill-equipped, and the courageous members of the Forces unsupported after years of dedicated service.

We will not let Canada’s Armed Forces be shortchanged, and we will not lapse military spending from year to year. We will also reinvest in building a leaner, more agile, better-equipped military, including adequate support systems for military personnel and their families.

Leaner is an interesting term

3 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

We will maintain current National Defence spending levels, including current planned increases.

Under Stephen Harper, investments in the Canadian Armed Forces have been erratic, promised increases in funding have been scaled back, and more than $10 billion of approved funding was left unspent.

This mismanagement has left Canada’s Armed Forces underfunded and ill-equipped, and the courageous members of the Forces unsupported after years of dedicated service.

We will not let Canada’s Armed Forces be shortchanged, and we will not lapse military spending from year to year. We will also reinvest in building a leaner, more agile, better-equipped military, including adequate support systems for military personnel and their families.

Leaner is an interesting term

That doesn't support a 70% increase.  Sounds like Trump pulling JT's strings.  Not saying i disagree with the increase, just calling as i see it.

5 hours ago, Boered said:

but being the past burning of coal caused a great many issues it is now ignored and greenies think it is the devil.

I remember watching a program a few years ago about the Swedes incinerating garbage to produce power. Propose the same thing in Canada & all the NIMBYs freak out. I thought everything the Swedes did was the model for the rest of the world?

• Like 1