Check your account email address ×

Ford Romeo Engine plant closing

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep I grew up right next to Lakeside Mall back when Hall road was two lanes. Now it's the "Golden Corridor"  :lol: I won't go near that area anymore unless i really have to. Way too congested for me anymore. 

I'll be out near the Proving grounds in a few weeks for Thanksgiving...Chase Farms

We use to go to the old A&W on Thursday nights for the weekly car cruise. Was EASILY 800 cars there every night.  I can't even imagine what that would be like now. Yea I don't venture so of Hall Rd much anymore other than for work. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ford is going out of business... 

:lol: :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

GM Is going to buy them out and Polaris will buy out Cat  :snack:

I heard FCAP was taking over Ford and GMNand Polaris was buying BRP , and Yamacat and just shit canning those 2 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

wherever an abandoned house that is not already occupied by crack monsters is. he should really just off himself now and save the planet.

I'd like to take him over to 6-7 mile and Gratiot and drop him off :lol:

6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

He would have to go S of 8 mile 

My grandma used to live off 75 just south of 8 mile. It was just starting to turn bad when I was a kid. That was a long time ago.

Edited by Edmo

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

My grandma used to live off 75 just south of 8 mile. It was just starting to turn bad when I was a kid. That was a long time ago.

My grandparents lived at Stevens and the service drive. Over by the Hazel Park Rec center.  Drove by there not to long ago and it may as well have been called Detroit now :flush:

• Platinum Contributing Member
51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep I grew up right next to Lakeside Mall back when Hall road was two lanes. Now it's the "Golden Corridor"  :lol: I won't go near that area anymore unless i really have to. Way too congested for me anymore. I'll be out near the Proving grounds in a few weeks for Thanksgiving...Chase Farms

I remember going to Lakeside Mall back in the early 80’s and it did seem like it was out in the sticks.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I remember going to Lakeside Mall back in the early 80’s and it did seem like it was out in the sticks.

It was back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's growing even more.  All up and down Mound and Campground is getting built up. I've been out here almost 5 years and it's grown a lot since I've been here.  All along Mound along Greystone is build built up. Homes starting in the $750K range and up. 

Yep.  There's all kinds of vacant land there. Will be even more if they demolish Romeo Engine :flush:

at least it sounds like the area wasn't totally dependent on the manufacturing plant which is good.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah back then it was surrounded by farm fields 

• Like 1