Check your account email address ×

****official**** Classic car and truck owner thread

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It only has 2 wheels but it’s my classic. 73 TC125.

B00427B7-E723-4249-AD94-269B7BDC2B5B.jpeg

Nothing wrong with 2 wheeled classics.

My 1983 Suzuki Katana 1100. Had the top end done last winter. Cracked a ring. It has less than 30k miles original but somebody painted it about 20 years ago (and this was probably its second repaint as I believe it was all blue at one point). They did a nice job but didn't put the blue back on. I like it like this but its not technically correct. All the 82's were solid silver with silver motors. 83's were 2 tone with either blue or burgundy on the top of the tank with black motors.

This is my third Katana. My first was an '83 750. Second was an '83 1100 in burgundy.

I never ride it. It just sits in the garage. I've thought of selling a few times but its only worth around $6500. Won't change my life any and I like looks at it from time to time. Its a part of my youth......lol

Katana 026.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

No a 30,000 sq ft building with about 45 cars in it :)

Quite a feat for someone who can’t spell, has latent homosexuality issues, is morbidly obese spends all day everyday online and smokes pot daily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, frenchy said:

Quite a feat for someone who can’t spell, has latent homosexuality issues, is morbidly obese spends all day everyday online and smokes pot daily. 

:lies: and :bullshit:from know nothing human garbage pile, all the homosexual posts, the bottom feeding midget shitforbrains  :finger2:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

To think anyone believes a known liar with out one shred of proof. Something he will toss out against other claims but never backs one of his up ever.  

• Like 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

To think anyone believes a known liar with out one shred of proof. Something he will toss out against other claims but never backs one of his up ever.  

Homo says what? :hay: Faggot 

• Haha 1

Homo says what? :hay: Faggot 

I'm sorry but just post one shred of proof that's all.  You've posted zilch except for the odd chapter in your extremely graphic and detailed gay sex books. 

"The men of freedomsledder"  by momo cosworth 

Edited by Kev144
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

:lies: and :bullshit:from know nothing human garbage pile, all the homosexual posts, the bottom feeding midget shitforbrains  :finger2:

Nothing you’ve ever claimed on here has been substantiated 

Nothing. In 15 years 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Legend said:

Why would it need different heads? What would be different?

As I recall. Marine motors have bigger cooling ports in the heads? The water pumps are also different. You are doing a direct dump cooling system on a boat, verses a radiator. It’s been a long time since I have been a boat mechanic.  A lot of marine motors,the water is discharged out of the exhaust. His jet boat motor could be different though?

Edited by Woodtick

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I just had an idea...

My farther in law has a 572 that he bought for his jet boat....  to much engine for pumps and the small boat.  Around maybe 5 hours of run time in fresh water...

dont know so asking would a engine built for marine use be able to be put in a vehicle with a little work?

truck has a 454 so I imagine it wouldnt be that much different in engine size maybe?

A buddy of mine bought a marine 302 for his Ford pick up. He said it was a POS . The marine motor was set up to run back wards or some shit. He had to change the timing set, cams and heads to make it work. Not sure if this applies to all marine motors.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

As I recall. Marine motors have bigger cooling ports in the heads? The water pumps are also different. You are doing a direct dump cooling system on a boat, verses a radiator. It’s been a long time since I have been a boat mechanic.   

Yeah I get the open system cooling. Bigger cooling ports, if true, could only be a positive.

The only thing I could think of would be reverse flow water pump. And Im not even sure it would have that.

Obviously other than the explosion proof ignition, but that shouldnt bother anything in a street application either.

• Like 1

My '78 F150. She's pretty much complete but I have a few things left I want to do to it. Needs new shocks, want to change out the mirrors, engine compartment needs detailing and the stereo needs some upgarding.

460 with a C6 and 3.50 gears.

1163069952_78FordF150.thumb.jpg.a53b8dd20aaf4d9c061fbe6fcf0e7ace.jpg

My resently purchased '78 short box Flareside  Its at my buddy's bodyshop having the roof reskinned. Hope to get it mechanically sound over the winter so I can get plates. Before it left for my buddy's shop, I found water leaking from the head. She might need a new motor.

Currently a 302 with a C6. Might change it out for a 351 and a trans with overdrive.

338450745_78Stepside.jpg.b089e012838a9a59c761f05f2ad9c0b8.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

As I recall. Marine motors have bigger cooling ports in the heads? The water pumps are also different. You are doing a direct dump cooling system on a boat, verses a radiator. It’s been a long time since I have been a boat mechanic.  A lot of marine motors,the water is discharged out of the exhaust. His jet boat motor could be different though?

I think it uses lake/river water for cooling is about all I know about it.

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My '78 F150. She's pretty much complete but I have a few things left I want to do to it. Needs new shocks, want to change out the mirrors, engine compartment needs detailing and the stereo needs some upgarding.

My resently purchased '78 short box Flareside  Its at my buddy's bodyshop having the roof reskinned. Hope to get it mechanically sound over the winter so I can get plates. Before it left for my buddy's shop, I found water leaking from the head. She might need a new motor.

Currently a 302 with a C6. Might change it out for a 351 and a trans with overdrive.

I love that blue F150...great looking ride.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love that blue F150...great looking ride.

Thanks, me too. Those are the factory colours. My buddy kept saying I was gay for wanting to put that powder blue back on it. But now he says its pretty classy going down the road.

My dad had a '78 supercab in the same colours but reversed.

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Is the water discharged through the exhaust?

FIL said it was a street motor with water cooled marine manifolds and the engine cooling was through a water to water heat exchangers 

So it would work perfect...  

dyno’d at 525hp and 545 ftlbs  so rather on the safe side

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

That is a good looking truck!

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks, me too. Those are the factory colours. My buddy kept saying I was gay for wanting to put that powder blue back on it. But now he says its pretty classy going down the road.

My dad had a '78 supercab in the same colours but reversed.

think my old mans was the same color. Before he upgraded to a Chevette,  SMH on his logic in that purchase.