Check your account email address ×

My first car show tonight

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete said:

So im going to a local car show tonight with a friend. Havent shown off the nova yet and cant wait to see the reactions lol.

My bud has 1964 convertible corvair that he is bringing. Should be a great time.IMG_1655.thumb.JPG.c3a63e3d7c2f4c76ca1558434927a1d1.JPG

69NOVA.JPG

IMG_0995.jpg

60021126-770-0@2X.jpg

interior2.jpg

Nice ride, man!  I’ve always enjoyed the smaller car shows.  Several around here.  It has more of the guys that have spent years of their time and money to get these cars into that shape.  Blood, sweat, tears, money and an occasional wife!  Those are the guys worth talking to.  I have no interest talking to a retard that just paid a fortune to a shop to do all his work so he could stand by it on a weekend a collect the trophy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car looks great Pete! We used to go to a lot of the local car shows with my 67 Mustang and it got good traffic and looks but my old 1940 Ford pickup thats pretty much a 20 footer gets all kinds of attention and questions. I just hate driving it more than 20 miles or so because the brakes, steering, suspension and drive train are all stock.

image.png.5f3d0f3f2c1be9aecc615011d540ea79.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Car looks great Pete! We used to go to a lot of the local car shows with my 67 Mustang and it got good traffic and looks but my old 1940 Ford pickup thats pretty much a 20 footer gets all kinds of attention and questions. I just hate driving it more than 20 miles or so because the brakes, steering, suspension and drive train are all stock.

image.png.5f3d0f3f2c1be9aecc615011d540ea79.png

That’s sweet dude 

I always liked the old trucks. My BIL has one but I forget what year 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yeah I can tell you of all the times I thought I was going to die half of them were in that car!

After Don Yenko converted a few to the L72 427 he said they were down right scary and not just anyone should have one. Experienced drivers only lol

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Nice ride, man!  I’ve always enjoyed the smaller car shows.  Several around here.  It has more of the guys that have spent years of their time and money to get these cars into that shape.  Blood, sweat, tears, money and an occasional wife!  Those are the guys worth talking to.  I have no interest talking to a retard that just paid a fortune to a shop to do all his work so he could stand by it on a weekend a collect the trophy.  

I like the smaller shows better too.  Lots a  good old dudes.  Only place I get called kid. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

This is at the elks club in Ludlow. There is a show at sun valley? Im 5 minutes from there.

The ZL-1 has to be the new retro one not one of the originals.

Yes almost every week, and yes new style Camaro. :bc: 

45 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It lives!!!

Fuel pump, battery, coil.  Going to have to put a gas tank in it. Little soap & water , cleaned up alright. Try and get to the show next week. 

74EFCDF4-D873-4091-8B48-A916BFC4CBBC.jpeg

C6A6D009-1463-498E-8F50-071A767AF08C.jpeg

Love this car :bc: is that a stock colour? 

39 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Love this car :bc: is that a stock colour? 

I think it is cool too.  :bc:

close .  I would definitely say the jams have never been painted and it is close to what it was originally,  maybe more metallic.  

Incredible show. Probably 100 cars or so. Lots of Novas but not many Camaros  or Chevelles. Some nice customized stuff and many Corvettes. 

This was my most favorite out of all the cars. Original and all fully documented. Super cool. 

FD04E97B-EBDD-42A8-A9B4-DD604161417B.jpeg

43FC43D6-7C86-46DC-9090-3154DBA41F61.jpeg

AF1CB621-FD22-4955-A115-C3CABD97B83E.jpeg

C8B3C55F-3756-48ED-9BDE-7E35F8A8E8AD.jpeg

Edited by Pete
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn't get to talk to owner as he wasn't around. There is another show in a different area on Oct 12. I was told that this car will be there. Its a huge show with over 500 cars. Cant wait.

Guy next to me had a 1970 Nova with a 502 in it. He is 70 years old and lived this back in the day. He knew exactly what I was talking about when describing my car and the COPO.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Pete said:

Incredible show. Probably 100 cars or so. Lots of Novas but not many Camaros  or Chevelles. Some nice customized stuff and many Corvettes. 

This was my most favorite out of all the cars. Original and all fully documented. Super cool. 

Damn that's a beautiful car!  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Damn that's a beautiful car!  :bc: 

Yeah it sure is. I couldn't believe how original it is. Chips in the paint. All original underneath including exhaust. It had 32,000 miles on it mostly 1/4 mile at a time lol.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cold War said:

For now.  going to get it to run & drive . Hasn't been  on road since early 80's . Once it is running probably start the bidding. 

I would clean it up & drive it....just like it is. 

Those came with 390's 

17 hours ago, Cold War said:

It lives!!!

Fuel pump, battery, coil.  Going to have to put a gas tank in it. Little soap & water , cleaned up alright. Try and get to the show next week. 

74EFCDF4-D873-4091-8B48-A916BFC4CBBC.jpeg

C6A6D009-1463-498E-8F50-071A767AF08C.jpeg

Would make a nice 427 clone 

'63 right? 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Glad to see the owner actually drives it :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

sure would .   Expensive motors.  

I would definitely seriously consider doing it. Not worth a lot with the 390 automatic, so I wouldn't feel bad not keeping it original. Looks to be in excellent shape and a great starting point for a clone. 

They both look real close. Always loved the old Thunderbolts and Galaxies :bc:

This is what I would do to it if I were you :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I would definitely seriously consider doing it. Not worth a lot with the 390 automatic, so I wouldn't feel bad not keeping it original. Looks to be in excellent shape and a great starting point for a clone. 

The guy that owns the COPO has a 427 thunderbolt too. Im dying to talk with him

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Owner is 74.   He is not worried about anything other than it being reliable.  Maybe, the next owner will do something with it t performance wise.   Old Fords don’t bring the kind of money Chevy/ Chrysler do.  Value is not really a consideration with that car.  Nice solid car.  I would love to have it.  So much rotted out junk I see every day.  Pretty excited to see something worth putting money into. 

Weird part ,  we have been building a 63 impala for him , for years.  Car was a complete mess.  All the time he has been coming in , talking about this nice Galaxie he has.  No one believed him.  :lol:Figured, yeah right, probably a bigger pos than the Impala .  If he is dumping all this money in this car , I hate to see what the Galaxie looks like.  

• Haha 1