Check your account email address ×

Spaghetti sauce

Pete

So any of you clowns ever make your own sauce? Im thinking about trying it as I have never done it before.

Who makes theirs? And what is your favorite pasta?

I love a meat sauce type with hamburger and sausages.

Ok now im hungry

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

So any of you clowns ever make your own sauce? Im thinking about trying it as I have never done it before.

Who makes theirs? And what is your favorite pasta?

I love a meat sauce type with hamburger and sausages.

Ok now im hungry

My parents and inlaws always made there own.

Penne and spaghetti are mine with just basic tomato sauce.  Mom used to make the best veal/beef braciole in the sauce.

Hamburger?:dunno:

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My parents and inlaws always made there own.

Penne and spaghetti are mine with just basic tomato sauce.  Mom used to make the best veal/beef braciole in the sauce.

Hamburger?:dunno:

I don't like the taste of veal. But many do.

I make a killer sauce. Zucchini, onions,garlic clove,red-yellow and orange pepper, can of crushed tomatoes,2 jars sgetti sauce,mushrooms. I heat some olive oil in a big pot,add the sliced garlic, add the mushrooms. The zucchini goes in the food processor to mulch then add to the pot. Onions get mulched then in the pot as well as the peppers one at a time. Once its cooked for a few minutes in goes the crushed tomatoes for a few min then the sauce. Simmer for about 15 min then add your cooked/ browned beef. I use linguine

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

I make a killer sauce. Zucchini, onions,garlic clove,red-yellow and orange pepper, can of crushed tomatoes,2 jars sgetti sauce,mushrooms. I heat some olive oil in a big pot,add the sliced garlic, add the mushrooms. The zucchini goes in the food processor to mulch then add to the pot. Onions get mulched then in the pot as well as the peppers one at a time. Once its cooked for a few minutes in goes the crushed tomatoes for a few min then the sauce. Simmer for about 15 min then add your cooked/ browned beef. I use linguine

sauce takes a minimum of 2 hours to cook

wow sounds delicious! Linguine is too thick of a pasta for me. I really like angel hair

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn that sounds really good. 

E83BCD97-49AC-4C1D-954B-F689C060E38B.gif.205f1b06c2ad139d46b0c002493039b0.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Usedtoskidoo said:

no.

I have never eaten sauce out of a jar. My nonna would have thrown her shoe at me

lol

Its super good. Youd be surprised.

If I can make some this good id be impressed.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I just make a quick Marinara sauce. 

That would be about 90% of the sauce most Italians make at home with their preserved bottled basic sauce.  The more hardcore make it with their own backyard grown tomato's instead of buying bushels from the stores come harvest.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

lol

Its super good. Youd be surprised.

If I can make some this good id be impressed.

No. lol

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That would be about 90% of the sauce most Italians make at home with their preserved bottled basic sauce.  The more hardcore make it with their own backyard grown tomato's instead of buying bushels from the stores come harvest.

We did sauce in jars for the last 3 years. Not this year. The bakery near us has good bottled san Marzano for a buck a jar on several times a winter. So we load up on that. 

1 minute ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

No. lol

We did sauce in jars for the last 3 years. Not this year. The bakery near us has good bottled san Marzano for a buck a jar on several times a winter. So we load up on that. 

My MIL still makes it for us in jars.  When she's not willing or able to anymore we will go the same route.  Lots of good bottled sauces around there is no need to spend that time anymore.

Oh and her machine is one of those manual hand cranks, not even an electric motor.:lol:

51litTLhiuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

My mom has been making her own since I can remember. She makes a shitload and then freezes it. Probably because that's what I grew up with but I still think hers is the best. She grows her own tomatoes and does it all from scratch. 

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

canned sauces are not welcome here

fuck that if I had to make sauce every time I ate pasta it would be 2 times a yr not every week.

I typically doctor it up but deff not investing that kind of time for a weekly  meal  

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not so sure about sugar in the sauce. I was never a fan of that.

Depending on the acidity factor of the tomatoes used. Sometimes a little is required

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My MIL still makes it for us in jars.  When she's not willing or able to anymore we will go the same route.  Lots of good bottled sauces around there is no need to spend that time anymore.

Oh and her machine is one of those manual hand cranks, not even an electric motor.:lol:

51litTLhiuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Savage! We have all the stuff but man it takes awhile

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I simmer it for a couple hours.

Good. We don't put any of that other stuff in unless you are making a certain kind of sauce. Bolognese is my favorite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

fuck that if I had to make sauce every time I ate pasta it would be 2 times a yr not every week.

I typically doctor it up but deff not investing that kind of time for a weekly  meal  

I make it sunday for pasta every sunday in winter and then freeze the rest for quick meals during week if needed. But we go through a lot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Like Anler said. Make lots and freeze it. Im gonna try it.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Like Anler said. Make lots and freeze it. Im gonna try it.

Only problem with freezing it is you then need to use it as a base for a different sauce as it tends to separate so Ill make a rose or something like that as that's my daughters favorite but to use frozen sauce as a stand alone sauce doesn't taste as good in my opinion.