Check your account email address ×

f7ben ftmfw

f7ben

Just now, Angry ginger said:

strange because gouging the insulation out to run wiring makes zero sense.  

Some of these inspectors don't know what side is up.  It's infuriating as hell.  Of course, I didn't use foam so, maybe it makes a difference to them.  Or not..or to some.  Whatever.  $4800 in permits. for some retard that showed up on a moped to inspect me.  :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was told they want to see everything first.  I asked if I could run everything before insulating and inspect and they said, "Nope".  Just fucking stupid games.  What difference does it make?  Nanny state bullshit.

The electrical rough in inspection comes before Insulation. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Yes you can but not until after the rough in inspection.

Their schedule and mine didn't work very well together and I was fighting winter.  I just had to leave the cavities blank and the bottom two feet out.  Again, not foam.  My guess is Ben ran the wiring but we can't see it? IDK...Northern MN is at shortage retard level on inspectors.

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I have enough room to run wiring after foam

Foam is the way to fly.  I was watching a video a while back where they were using a 2x8/10 system with some type of closed cell foam and some type foam infused sheathing.  Could do all the wiring and plumbing after the foam and we’re getting something like R50 values.  Pretty nice.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Foam is the way to fly.  I was watching a video a while back where they were using a 2x8/10 system with some type of closed cell foam and some type foam infused sheathing.  Could do all the wiring and plumbing after the foam and we’re getting something like R50 values.  Pretty nice.

That's basically what I did here. 2x8 wall with the combination of foam board and then spray foam. It was a bit more work but pretty superior to a standard wall insulation wise. 

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

One day I will insulate my pole building. The do it yourself kits are getting nicer and cheaper with the spray foam. Fiberglass bats are fucking expensive. .

It's still cheaper to hire someone. If it's more than 4000 bd ft you can get it sprayed in the 90 cents per bd ft range. Cheapest foam kits are still over $1 and while it's better than fiberglass the DIY kits are inferior to a proper high pressure closed cell product

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It's still cheaper to hire someone. If it's more than 4000 bd ft you can get it sprayed in the 90 cents per bd ft range. Cheapest foam kits are still over $1 and while it's better than fiberglass the DIY kits are inferior to a proper high pressure closed cell product

It’s the location of my camp that makes hiring a guy cost a bit more. About a 3 hour round trip for them,and it’s more than a one day job. It’s the same with concrete, lots of window time.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s the location of my camp that makes hiring a guy cost a bit more. About a 3 hour round trip for them,and it’s more than a one day job. It’s the same with concrete, lots of window time.

How big is the pole barn?

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How big is the pole barn?

30x40 with 12 foot walls,so I could fit a 10 foot door.  If I have to work on something in the winter, I use a neighbors heated shop,and leave a 30 rack on his bench. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finished up roofing aside from a few ridge caps.....started flooring Friday evening. Got 814’ of this stuff and 15 gallons of premixed premium mortar off the facefuck market place for almost $1000 off new price. This is a fuck ton of work

CB7567CD-B339-4659-AE7E-C5B5A947C229.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Finished up roofing aside from a few ridge caps.....started flooring Friday evening. Got 814’ of this stuff and 15 gallons of premixed premium mortar off the facefuck market place for almost $1000 off new price. This is a fuck ton of work

Looks great, but my knees hurt just thinking about the installation.  :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, Momorider said:

That's why you can hire experts to do that :news:

We've been putting that laminate stuff that looks like Ben is using, in all the apartments when the lazy fucking slobs destroy the 2-3 year old carpet that was new when they moved in. Not sure why it took us so long to come around to that way of thinking, maybe having to replace enough 2-3 year old carpet.  :lol: 

17 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tile work is brutal for sure.  I used the same type of tile in my house. It looks good...except for you fucking up the pattern.  Nice spacers.  Rookie.  :lol: 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Tile work is brutal for sure.  I used the same type of tile in my house. It looks good...except for you fucking up the pattern.  Nice spacers.  Rookie.  :lol: 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I prefer using spacers with quality tile. With cheap ceramic it doesn’t matter because they aren’t all cut close enough

The pattern isn’t fucked up. They are spaced from the center row out and the diagonals will run in two different directions from the center two rows. 

Im not a pro tile man but I’ve done thousands of square feet and several showers and tubs. I wish I could afford to just pay someone else to do it

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I prefer using spacers with quality tile. With cheap ceramic it doesn’t matter because they aren’t all cut close enough

The pattern isn’t fucked up. They are spaced from the center row out and the diagonals will run in two different directions from the center two rows. 

Im not a pro tile man but I’ve done thousands of square feet and several showers and tubs. I wish I could afford to just pay someone else to do it

Looks great to me. :bc:

I've done 3 small bathroom tile jobs on bathroom floors and hated them all. Tiling walls was kind of fun.