Check your account email address ×

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney's fees for stiffing painting contractor

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I work in automation, If I do not get paid there is zero production.  Terms and conditions are a big issue now with much larger players than Trump, I have walked away from sizable contracts we could not agree with. 

So no large private sector contracts right Abe.

He prints parking tickets :lmao:

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

What is an Arctic Crusher? Is that a fat guy on a Snow Cruiser? Tearing about the field with a 399 Kohler boasting 32hp and reaching speeds up to and including 45mph?

Talk to me about losers, just look in the mirror.  

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Trump is such a loser. He fucking takes a risk to try to rip someone off for $30,000.00 and ends up losing $300,000.00. Kudos to the paint store owner for sticking it to him. That guy took a huge risk fighting someone who is so practiced at ripping people off as Trump is. Trump already had the Lawyers on retainer. The probably have form letter ready to fuck people over.

In the 35 years that I've been in control of our business, I've been to court twice. Both times is was assholes like Trump who were practiced at fucking people over. First time we won but of course the big winners were the lawyers. 10 meetings, 5 hours in the court room and we won $70,000.00. The lawyers took half of it. 

The next time I went after an asshole in small claims court. It wasn't worth my time but I didn't want the asshole to get way with stealing from me. He countersued, he changed venues, he wasted court time etc. In the end I won but I would have been financially better off letting him keep the money. Small claims court puts limits on your court costs so I couldn't charge my expenses to the fullest. However this jack ass had to be there the same amount of time I was and paid a lawyer to be there the whole time as well. He cost himself a fortune by being a lying cheating asshole. I figure my time in court was a public service. The more time I wasted of that asshat the less time he had to fuck other people over. He had to pay in full, plus small claims court limits on my time, plus extra expenses. In the end I get to hassle the guy on any business sites and warn people that I had to take him to court to get paid. He can't retaliate because it's true.

The best thing about Trump losing this case is that everyone he ripped off in the past and will try to rip off later knows that he can lose. Just watch after Trump loses this election, he'll spend all his time in court getting sued by people. The judges will be so concerned about public opinion that they will always side with the little guys. No way they'll accept bribes to find in Trumps favour.

His next stint on reality TV with be the biggest loser and it will be all about him.

" The State Department misplaced and lost some $6 billion due to the improper filing of contracts during the past six years, mainly during the tenure of former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton "

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

They were paid enough.

80% of our business is contract.  Breaking a contract is bad business.

Supporting a serial thief like you are is proof your a class A moron 

He was found guilty!

now go lay down sonny boy

what Union represents your poor downtrodden workers?

18 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There are no details here Abe,  stories like this happen all the time, some right some wrong.  They are not called CONtractors with out a reason, without hearing the details or viewing the terms of the contract its hard to get to the truth.  Judges like to side with the smaller guys, does not mean they were correct, and most judges are Dems.

Really? And what the do you know about contractors and construction contracts? 

For the record The Paint Spot is a material supplier and not a contractor, so much for knowledge of the subject :news:  http://thepaintspotinc.com/sb.cn

All because, according to the lawsuit, Trump allegedly tried to stiff The Paint Spot on its last payment of $34,863 on a $200,000 contract for paint used in the renovation of the home of golf’s famed Blue Monster two years ago.

Trump National’s insistence that it had “paid enough” for the paint despite a contract, according to the lawsuit, caused The Paint Spot to slap a lien on the property and Cueto to order the foreclosure sale of the resort.

In time, Donald Trump’s company got the judge to cancel the June 28 courthouse auction after it placed the $34,000 in escrow, and the case was put on hold while Trump National’s owner, Trump Endeavor, considered an appeal.

But the lien remained.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article91353232.html

10 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Either way , there is no way on Gods Green Earth that this little Mexican bastard is going to end up with 300k in Lawyer fees on a 34k case :lol:      It will get overturned on appeal .      

There is a lien on the Doral property, and I'm sure the 500 hours of counseling and para legal work is well documented.

But the lien remained.

And Cueto was asked to rule on the fees for The Paint Spot’s three $500-an-hour attorneys and two $150-an-hour paralegals that lawsuit loser Trump Endeavor will have to pay.

The golf company, according to the court file, objected to the hourly rates because it paid its lawyers $400 an hour, according to court records.

This week, Cueto ruled that the fees were reasonable, and then some.

First, he ruled Trump should pay for nearly 500 hours of legal work, since the store’s legal team had to prepare for a trial that never took place.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article91353232.html

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Really? And what the do you know about contractors and construction contracts? 

For the record The Paint Spot is a material supplier and not a contractor, so much for knowledge of the subject :news:  http://thepaintspotinc.com/sb.cn

I'm a controls contractor.  

200k for paint?  What a ripoff.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Really.....we are a residential contractor and let me tell you the shit ain't cheap.

19 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I work for a large contractor. And we will not do any Trump projects. Fucker is well known for not paying. 

It always comes down to the final pay app which is retention, CO's, etc, they probably figured that the Paint Stop wouldn't take them to the mat for 34K, bravo to the Paint Stop :bc: 

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure but labour is far more, plus they said it was for a home on the course.  How big is the home?

If you read the story slowly you will see they are referring to "the renovation of the home of golfs Blue Monster"  200K of paint on a 250 million dollar renovation seems fair.

http://straticon.com/wp/category/our-work/country-clubs-resorts/

Before and after.

trump.jpg

Exterior-Doral.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It always comes down to the final pay app which is retention, CO's, etc, they probably figured that the Paint Stop wouldn't take them to the mat for 34K, bravo to the Paint Stop :bc: 

If you read the story slowly you will see they are referring to "the renovation of the home of golfs Blue Monster"  200K of paint on a 250 million dollar renovation seems fair.

Before and after.

trump.jpg

Exterior-Doral.jpg

We don't really know the facts but the bold sounds pretty likely , I've certainly seen those types of shennanigans before . 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

5 lawyers to chase 34k on a material order, sure.

Stick to what you know. :bc:  

:lol: Cause you sound pathetic defending Dump's business practices. 

51 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Before and after.

trump.jpg

Exterior-Doral.jpg

So he bought for 150 and put another 250 into it great.  Like I have said before, everything is just fine until the money runs out.