Check your account email address ×

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney's fees for stiffing painting contractor

18 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Poor crusher has his head up Dump's ass so far he can't help but defend him. :lol: 

The business world revolves around Crushers controls :lmao: 

Liens happen all the time, most charges are for extras that are disputed and yes many times are contractors are ripping the generals off cause they just want the project finished.  Nobody borrows from another project to pay for a bad one.  I am sure Donald like many has each asset its own individual corp to protect himself.

Now go back to selling lightbulbs, where we would all be without them. 

36 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Liens happen all the time, most charges are for extras that are disputed and yes many times are contractors are ripping the generals off cause they just want the project finished.  Nobody borrows from another project to pay for a bad one.  I am sure Donald like many has each asset its own individual corp to protect himself.

Now go back to selling lightbulbs, where we would all be without them. 

Defending Trumps business practices? What a real idiot you are.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It always comes down to the final pay app which is retention, CO's, etc, they probably figured that the Paint Stop wouldn't take them to the mat for 34K, bravo to the Paint Stop :bc: 

If you read the story slowly you will see they are referring to "the renovation of the home of golfs Blue Monster"  200K of paint on a 250 million dollar renovation seems fair.

http://straticon.com/wp/category/our-work/country-clubs-resorts/

Before and after.

trump.jpg

Exterior-Doral.jpg

Well hell yeah....200 g's is beyond reasonable.

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Defending Trumps business practices? What a real idiot you are.

I am not defending Trump's business practice, just what I see when generals go over on budgets.  I insure my final payment on large projects, perhaps they can as well.  

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I don't fear anyone.

answer the question.

Yet people continue to do business with him, what's up with that.  Usa today recently reported that out of about 500 lawsuits against Trump with clear decisive outcomes he won all but around 36.  Want to discuss those.

Nobody is gonna additionally mortgage a project to pay suppliers or take from winning businesses to pay for losing ones.   Nobody Abe.  This is how he does business, so avoid him or bid higher if you risk your final payment.

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm a controls contractor.  

200k for paint?  What a ripoff.

yeah even at the lowest discount call it 35bucks a gal . I know the most expensive paint I can get at Sherwin Williams cost me 32 buck with my 20% discount and I only by small amounts my painting contractors pay a chit load less with there 40%. so call it 5700 gal of paint wow big job.

why would Donald by buying paint direct? 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah even at the lowest discount call it 35bucks a gal . I know the most expensive paint I can get at Sherwin Williams cost me 32 buck with my 20% discount and I only by small amounts my painting contractors pay a chit load less with there 40%. so call it 5700 gal of paint wow big job.

Yeah but alot of these jobs require special finishes that cost more....lacquers, stains, etc.....

43 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't know why he would have bought the paint instead of letting the contractor do it.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yet people continue to do business with him, what's up with that.  Usa today recently reported that out of about 500 lawsuits against Trump with clear decisive outcomes he won all but around 36.  Want to discuss those.

Nobody is gonna additionally mortgage a project to pay suppliers or take from winning businesses to pay for losing ones.   Nobody Abe.  This is how he does business, so avoid him or bid higher if you risk your final payment.

Good post...he's a very successful businessman and with that lawsuits are inevitable. Many are frivolous. 

I still admire how well financially he has done and his creation of thousands and thousands of jobs. He has helped many more people than he has hurt.

Time to drain the swamp in Washington.

Vote Trump!

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah but alot of these jobs require special finishes that cost more....lacquers, stains, etc.....

so when did lacquer become more than 50 bucks a gal? hell even epoxy is under 70. we are talking bulk supply's not nail polish

Just now, Ez ryder said:

so when did lacquer become more than 50 bucks a gal? hell even epoxy is under 70. we are talking bulk supply's not nail polish

Some of our Sikkens products are close to a 100 bucks a gallon.

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Some of our Sikkens products are close to a 100 bucks a gallon.

even 100 retail for sickens is way to much for that stuff.

off topic but imho penofin is a much better product and even buying at a local scam hardware store u are talking what 70bucks.

I don't give a shit who got there money in this deal. only time I see guys having a hard time getting there invoices covered there are always issues with quality or bloated supplys or man hrs.

this whole case will be tossed in the end and the trump corp will give a check for te 35 grand.

I also know guys in his position never have much to do with the jobs . they may show up from time to time beyond that the contractor and there job supers deal with the property managers