Check your account email address ×

God dang it's got to suck to live in Michigan

f7ben

11 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Same reason why Calvin Johnson retired early.  At first he said it was because of injury and being beat up. He was beat up, but he later came out and said if they would have released him or traded him he wouldn't have retired early.

Barry is a cool guy.  Just got to meet him back in June at Ford Field when I was with my FIL and son renewing season tickets. This is going to be my last year then getting a Wings ticket package 

By all accounts Barry Sanders was a genuinely nice guy, he had no selfish ambitions. He was just broken by the fact he was working his butt off to help his team and ownership just didn't care. Imo probably the best running back of all time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

By all accounts Barry Sanders was a genuinely nice guy, he had no selfish ambitions. He was just broken by the fact he was working his butt off to help his team and ownership just didn't care. Imo probably the best running back of all time. 

I’m glad he and the team have mended fences...nice to see him hanging around Ford Field.

39 minutes ago, Anler said:

All the big free agent lineman that came up went bye bye because the cheapo lions wouldn’t pay them. His O line was decimated. Those were his buds. Lomas Brown was one of them. I remember him sitting the second half of one game at the end of the season because he didn’t want the rushing record. He didn’t want the lions to get any recognition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

All the big free agent lineman that came up went bye bye because the cheapo lions wouldn’t pay them. His O line was decimated. Those were his buds. Lomas Brown was one of them. I remember him sitting the second half of one game at the end of the season because he didn’t want the rushing record. He didn’t want the lions to get any recognition.

I was listening to The Lions on the radio yesterday and Lomas was doing the game...really like that cat.

12 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep. My kid was talking so much shit before the game about how great they were going to be and Super Bowl run in '19-'20. :lol: :lmao: 

Like Jim Schwartz and Marinelli , Patricia is NOT a head coach. 

Superbowl?   Your kid doesn't know shit about football.   I haven't seen one analyst not have them finish last in their division.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Superbowl?   Your kid doesn't know shit about football.   I haven't seen one analyst not have them finish last in their division.  

I guarantee he knows way more about football than you ever have or will 

33 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yep they said he bought the offensive line all Rolex watches, those were definitely his buds. Those guys protected him. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Because "analysts" are always right , eh? 

1852003559_tenor.gif.cf(8).gif.eb77fd0200ca92b610b7e7d7a58ce303.gif

So explain your son's vast football knowledge then.   Fuck man even you were laughing at his prediction.  :lol:  

Can you show us the last team that was predicted to finish last in their division by almost everyone yet went on to win the Superbowl?

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So explain your son's vast football knowledge then.   Fuck man even you were laughing at his prediction.  :lol:  

Can you show us the last team that was predicted to finish last in their division by almost everyone yet went on to win the Superbowl?

I’ve got a prediction for ya’ll....The Lions won’t play in a NFC Championship Game in any of our lifetimes...book it!!!!!!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was listening to The Lions on the radio yesterday and Lomas was doing the game...really like that cat.

Lomas is a great guy and was good for the community. Kevin Glover, the center was the other one I was thinking of. Signed with Seattle because the lions wouldn’t pay him. 

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Lomas is a great guy and was good for the community. Kevin Glover, the center was the other one I was thinking of. Signed with Seattle because the lions wouldn’t pay him. 

Yessir....Glover was another good one. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yessir....Glover was another good one. 

That should piss anyone off really... I don’t blame Barry. Starting to build a really good team and mgmt lets these guys walk. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Lions are a disgrace

Pistons are terrible

Tigers are the worst team in MLB

And the Redwings have been and will be rebuilding for some time to come.

I'd kill myself

We have Michigan and to a lesser degree, State to root for.  Tom Brady's a Michigan man.  Could always keep following him...

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

We have Michigan and to a lesser degree, State to root for.  Tom Brady's a Michigan man.  Could always keep following him...

That's like saying your local highschool girls volleyball team is great.

Nobody gives a fuck about faggot college sports

5 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's like saying your local highschool girls volleyball team is great.

Nobody gives a fuck about faggot college sports

I do but A) I cannot stand UofM and B) I feel the same about Brady and The Patriots.

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So explain your son's vast football knowledge then.   

The 2017 Eagles were predicted to finish 3rd in the NFC East prior to the start of the season , after finishing last they year before.  No one expected them to make the playoffs,  then make it to much less win that Super Bowl. Especially after Wentz tore his ACL 

11 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The 2017 Eagles were predicted to finish 3rd in the NFC East prior to the start of the season , after finishing last they year before.  No one expected them to make the playoffs,  then make it to much less win that Super Bowl. Especially after Wentz tore his ACL 

True on the Eagles but finishing 7-9 (even if last) was a sign they weren't far off.   

For me its not the Lion's being that bad they just play in a tough division with no slouches as well as having to play the Cowboys, Cheif's, Eagles outside their division.   

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

True on the Eagles but finishing 7-9 (even if last) was a sign they weren't far off.   

For me its not the Lion's being that bad they just play in a tough division with no slouches as well as having to play the Cowboys, Cheif's, Eagles outside their division.   

As much as I hate them, they (The Lions) don't have a bad team this year.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Superbowl?   Your kid doesn't know shit about football.   I haven't seen one analyst not have them finish last in their divisio

Come on , man.  everyone wants their team to win. no need for that. 

• Like 1