Check your account email address ×

For all the gloom and doomers..You know who you are

Pete

New York (CNN Business)America's consumer continues to fuel the economy, and they are confident that the good times will continue.

Although economists expected consumer confidence would take a hit in August, following a very strong July, American consumers remain far more confident in the US economy than many predicted.

In August, the Conference Board consumer confidence index stood at 135.1, slightly down from 135.8 in July, but far above the Refinitiv consensus forecast of 129.5.

"Consumers' assessment of current conditions improved further, and the present situation index is now at the highest level in nearly 19 years," said Lynn Franco, senior director of economic indicators at The Conference Board.

The strong labor market is helping consumers set aside worries about the trade war between the United States and China.

Read More

"The consumer is two-thirds of the economy so their bubbly confidence more than compensates for the concerns registered by manufacturing executives," said MUFG chief financial economist Chris Rupkey, who expected some 2% of economic growth this year.

Deutsche Bank Wealth Management Americas CIO Deepak Puri even expects growth of 2.3% in 2019 on the back of robust consumer spending and strong wage growth.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/economy/american-consumers-still-confident/index.html

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Sounds like a thread tailored for Spin, Pants Shitter and that effeminate Nook

Their utopia aint all its cracked up to be..

Let the hope for failure continue  

We went to a show on other side of state , last weekend.   Went up and down coast .  Beach, Bars, Restaurants, stores.  All packed.  Standing line to get in. Americans are definitely not getting the memo.  

Shut ins have a warped perspective of what is happening in real world.  I think lot would be surprised to not to see guys in red hats or bandannas battling in the streets. 😂

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We went to a show on other side of state , last weekend.   Went up and down coast .  Beach, Bars, Restaurants, stores.  All packed.  Standing line to get in. Americans are definitely not getting the memo.  

Shut ins have a warped perspective of what is happening in real world.  I think lot would be surprised to not to see guys in red hats or bandannas battling in the streets. 😂

Have you been to the airport lately? It’s busier than I’ve ever seen it. Russia and racist isn’t working, so recession it is!!!!!1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Have you been to the airport lately? It’s busier than I’ve ever seen it. Russia and racist isn’t working, so recession it is!!!!!1

even that's not working..

Poor bastards just cant make anything work they latch on to.. been going on for years now..

hahahahahahahahahaha

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

even that's not working..

Poor bastards just cant make anything work they latch on to.. been going on for years now..

hahahahahahahahahaha

I can’t think of a single “win” for the dems since they took over the house. And now their savior Biden is tanking. Must be frustrating for them.

• Platinum Contributing Member

How long until we lose another Dem here to self induced Time Out then? Things just are not looking good when they have been starring off into the abyss for years now looking for that elusive Blue Wave to start to appear on the horizon hoping for some glorious tsunami to happen

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

How long until we lose another Dem here to self induced Time Out then? Things just are not looking good when they have been starring off into the abyss for years now looking for that elusive Blue Wave to start to appear on the horizon hoping for some glorious tsunami to happen

Its simply not there.

They have nothing.. zero..

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Most suffer from severe Dunning Kruger so.... they are completely unaware of just how clueless and stupid they really are :guzzle:

25 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It would be funny , if it wasn’t so pathetic.  

Every day on mews ....  60% of Americans scared of looming recession!!!!!!

wait?  Where?   Tired of waiting 45 - 1 hour to sit down.  

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

They have open borders, medicare for all and the Green New Deal. :lmao:

utopia dream

They can embrace all that shit they want.. Most of America could give a rats ass about any of it as there are far more pending issues to deal with.

Fuck the dems

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The other day I saw a guy by green giant canned peas instead of the store brand.......the economy is strong.

Its very strong.

Sorry the Kenyan couldn't do so well for ya..

He was proven wrong by Mr Trump

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

dudes a fucking miserable cunt daily..

I laugh and laugh and laugh

He’s so invested.  Probably first one here every morning, last one to turn off the lights at night.  Very impressive human.  Not.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

He’s so invested.  Probably first one here every morning, last one to turn off the lights at night.  Very impressive human.  Not.

What a racket

Anyone that spends more than a few hours a day here has some real life issues. They have nothing if that's the case..

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

What a racket

Anyone that spends more than a few hours a day here has some real life issues. They have nothing if that's the case..

I especially enjoy his rationalizations when called out on it.  Guy does jack shit on a daily basis.  His biggest accomplishment is running around the forum like he owns the fucking place.

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I especially enjoy his rationalizations when called out on it.  Guy does jack shit on a daily basis.  His biggest accomplishment is running around the forum like he owns the fucking place.

oh he is definitely the consigliore of FSCE.