Check your account email address ×

63% of Voters think Trump will win reelection in 2020

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/upshot/trump-approval-rating-rise.html

But it is not 2016 anymore. Millions of Americans who did not like the president in 2016 now say they do. Over all, his personal favorability rating has increased by about 10 percentage points among registered voters since Election Day 2016, to 44 percent from 34 percent, according to Upshot estimates.

Some of these voters probably voted for Mr. Trump in 2016, even though they didn’t like him at the time. But some probably did not vote for him: Republicans with an unfavorable opinion of Mr. Trump were more than twice as likely to stay home on Election Day as those with a favorable view, according to New York Times/Siena surveys of North Carolina, Florida and Pennsylvania in 2016.

It seems likely that a substantial number of these voters now have a favorable view of the president: Over all, 28 percent of Republican-leaning voters with an unfavorable view of Mr. Trump in 2016 had a favorable view of him by 2018, according to data from the Voter Study Group. The aggregate national data suggests that Mr. Trump has gained more support than that — if not from Republicans then perhaps from some number of independents or former Democrats.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/trump-could-win/596389/

But Trump’s persistent unpopularity is not nearly as big a bar to reelection as many assume. It’s striking, for example, that Trump’s approval ratings are, at this point, very similar to those of two recent presidents who went on to win reelection by resounding margins. While 42 percent approve of Trump’s job performance, just 43 percent approved of both Barack Obama and Ronald Reagan at the same stage in their first terms.

What’s more, Trump actually appears to be more popular today than he was on the day he beat Hillary Clinton. We can get a sense of how his standing with the public has evolved since the 2016 campaign by looking at his personal favorability ratings. An average of 41 percent of Americans now say they have a good impression of him, while an average of 55 percent say they have a bad impression, for a negative balance of 14 percent. In the last polls taken before the 2016 election, an average of 38 percent of Americans saw Trump favorably, and an average of 59 percent unfavorably, for a negative balance of 21 percent

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

and 99% of members here think you are a lying fraud tub of shit.

Think the operative word but the FACTS are you are a midget lying shitforbrains FUCK :finger2:FROG 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Think the operative word but the FACTS are you are a midget lying shitforbrains FUCK :finger2:FROG 

you have backed up 0.00% of the claims you have made about yourself on here which makes you a 100% liar.

Just now, frenchy said:

you have backed up 0.00% of the claims you have made about yourself on here which makes you a 100% liar.

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

FACTS are you are a midget lying shitforbrains FUCK :finger2:FROG 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I think the number is closer to 90%.  Many surveyed know he’s in but, can’t admit it.:lol:

Truth: it’s really nobody’s fault but their own.

No thats the number of people that think momo is a massive fraud... :bc:

If the dems could put up a decent candidate I think Trump is extremely vulnerable. But that remains to be seen. If not then he has a good chance of winning, especially if his opponent is Biden, harris or Pocahontas. 

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

If the dems could put up a decent candidate I think Trump is extremely vulnerable. But that remains to be seen. If not then he has a good chance of winning, especially if his opponent is Biden, harris or Pocahontas. 

Well, I think they'd have a nice shot at gaining some ears out there but, judging from what I'm seeing.  The Dems have decided to forfeit 2020.  It's Trump's to lose right now and that's just a fact.

What we seriously have here is a chance for the 3rd/4th party candidates to make some nice headway but I'm not hearing a peep.  Either they've given up (then just go away) or, they've decided they cannot run a candidate with any chance (again, then just go away) OR....I think they've realized the best thing to do is hunt 2024.  I really hope it's the last one.

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I think they'd have a nice shot at gaining some ears out there but, judging from what I'm seeing.  The Dems have decided to forfeit 2020.  It's Trump's to lose right now and that's just a fact.

What we seriously have here is a chance for the 3rd/4th party candidates to make some nice headway but I'm not hearing a peep.  Either they've given up (then just go away) or, they've decided they cannot run a candidate with any chance (again, then just go away) OR....I think they've realized the best thing to do is hunt 2024.  I really hope it's the last one.

You see how the media is completely focused on a 3rd party candidate right? 

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

You see how the media is completely focused on a 3rd party candidate right? 

Yes, I see the problem with our media on this.  BUT...I still haven't seen or read anything on their plans for 2020.  :dunno: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yes, I see the problem with our media on this.  BUT...I still haven't seen or read anything on their plans for 2020.  :dunno: 

Because they dont have the corporate money to start campaigning 24 months before the election

Just now, f7ben said:

Because they dont have the corporate money to start campaigning 24 months before the election

Well, they don't have to spend money to put out information on their plans for 2020 including a short list of possible candidates.  They do have internet service...I'd assume.