Check your account email address ×

Trump picking winners and losers

Its not right....why are some products like toys and clothes being excluded from tariffs while others are not. This is pure lobby favoritism and it undermines the whole effort. 

I am disgusted by this tactic. 

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its not right....why are some products like toys and clothes being excluded from tariffs while others are not. This is pure lobby favoritism and it undermines the whole effort. 

possibly because there is no American alternative? 

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

possibly because there is no American alternative? 

Well if you keep excluding them there never will be. All this is doing is creating chaos and uncertainty. It's clear he caved to the lobbying efforts of big firms and groups. 

What's this telegraph to China? 

Basically that we are their bitch and will cave in no matter what

Just now, f7ben said:

Well if you keep excluding them there never will be. All this is doing is creating chaos and uncertainty. It's clear he caved to the lobbying efforts of big firms and groups. 

What's this telegraph to China? 

Basically that we are their bitch and will cave in no matter what

Yes, unfortunately it does say that . And was a bad move.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yes, unfortunately it does say that . And was a bad move.

Everyone knows China is and was negotiating in bad faith and has zero interest in any concessions. Anything less than being fully committed to tackling this issue is a waste of time and at that point will have caused unnecessary pain to many americans for zero reason at all.

Just now, f7ben said:

Everyone knows China is and was negotiating in bad faith and has zero interest in any concessions. Anything less than being fully committed to tackling this issue is a waste of time and at that point will have caused unnecessary pain to many americans for zero reason at all.

So you're the pussy American Thvag is always referring to....

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree.   After they did what they have at the last 2 negotiations it should be gloves off brawl.   Nothing should be left off the table especially kicking wealthy Chinese kids the fuck out of our colleges.   360,000 students.   Send them home and open up more enrollment for US kids.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Snake said:

So you're the pussy American Thvag is always referring to....

You're a fucking moron. I'm advocating for taking them head on....not half assing it and gaining nothing from the fight. 

Kill yourself retarded fucking shill

Just now, f7ben said:

You're a fucking moron. I'm advocating for taking them head on....not half assing it and gaining nothing from the fight. 

Kill yourself retarded fucking shill

Thank you. I am much more comfortable now.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You do know that China has AGAIN said that they will buy US agriculture products and that this temporary delay is an act of good faith  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You do know that China has AGAIN said that they will buy US agriculture products and that this temporary delay is an act of good faith  :dunno:

Oh for sure.....we should believe them this time derp.

People need to review the lists.  To my knowledge, businesses are not getting exceptions from these lists of products.  The tariff's are not on every product imported from China but rather incremental across sections of imports.  Perhaps clothing, toys will come later.  There are certainly companies lobbying to get exception from the lists but I don't think its happening much.  Trump has a rather hard line on that.

https://www.strtrade.com/f-tariff-actions-resources.html

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Once again I will say tariffs are good if you target products they are underpricing v/s American manufacturers.

I agree but intellectual property theft is a form of under pricing. The more you read on the negotiations the more I think Trump might be on the right path. Deal with it now rather than kick the can down the road when the problem is worse.

Who in their right mind would start manufacturing products made in China in the US now?

Trump is giving zero fuckin direction, keeps changing the rules on trade like the weather and has no clue about trade.

He has revealed he’s pushed by Corporate America who has production off shore especially in China. He changed the dates and products because of back to school and Christmas sales.

FUCK TRUMP.....HES NOT THE PEOPLES PRESIDENT.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Who in their right mind would start manufacturing products made in China in the US now?

Trump is giving zero fuckin direction, keeps changing the rules on trade like the weather and has no clue about trade.

He has revealed he’s pushed by Corporate America who has production off shore especially in China. He changed the dates and products because of back to school and Christmas sales.

FUCK TRUMP.....HES NOT THE PEOPLES PRESIDENT.

I agree....this no committal sway with the market and lobbyists is totally undermining the whole trade war. Its pathetic

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I didn't realize this crap wasn't included in the tariff bullshit.  Anyone got a list of what is exactly?  

Hell this is the garbage that should have been front and center. WTF

Edit: Sorry, didn't see F3600 already posted it. :bc:

Edited by hayward

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

I didn't realize this crap wasn't included in the tariff bullshit.  Anyone got a list of what is exactly?  

Hell this is the garbage that should have been front and center. WTF

Edit: Sorry, didn't see F3600 already posted it. :bc:

It was included until Trump decided it would be exuded today. He caved and China wont. Simple

For thirty years every president has let china roll over the USA. Pandering to greedy manus outsourcing with no tarrifs. Trump is the ONLY one, including all of congress and the senate, that has said enough is enough. Now you cry he is not doing it right. Fuck you. He is trying, and that is more than anyone else that has been elected has done. China has to be stopped or we re all fucked.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ManOnManOral said:

For thirty years every president has let china roll over the USA. Pandering to greedy manus outsourcing with no tarrifs. Trump is the ONLY one, including all of congress and the senate, that has said enough is enough. Now you cry he is not doing it right. Fuck you. He is trying, and that is more than anyone else that has been elected has done. China has to be stopped or we re all fucked.

Hey dumbfuck.....he blinked and China will use that against us. He drew the line and then backed away.

What the fuck good did that do you stupid brain dead motherfucker. 

Kill yourself now 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbfuck.....he blinked and China will use that against us. He drew the line and then backed away.

Kill yourself now 

Sad what you have become. The alcohol has finally won.

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Kill yourself now 

Smh.  So much noise.  So little intellect.