Check your account email address ×

2020 cat 800 dominates the dyno

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are still dreaming.  

The 800 cat already beets the doo 850... shouldn’t it beet it worse with more power?

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

The 800 cat already beets the doo 850... shouldn’t it beet it worse with more power?

Once is bad enough.....twice I had to. 

9dfe4476-7f90-438d-a105-b3c2d199bd27.jpg

I will say this.   The Cat 800 is tough to beat............because nobody fucking buys them to race against.  :lol:  

All kidding aside I would easily own one of the new Cat 800's.   Nice sleds.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I will say this.   The Cat 800 is tough to beat............because nobody fucking buys them to race against.  :lol:  

All kidding aside I would easily own one of the new Cat 800's.   Nice sleds.  

I’m pretty excite tbh I haven’t treated myself to a new sled since my 2010 CFR 800 which was by far the fastest 800 I’ve ever owned 

if the new cat can have similar performance to it but be such a nicer sled to ride I’ll be happy 

2 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

I’m pretty excite tbh I haven’t treated myself to a new sled since my 2010 CFR 800 which was by far the fastest 800 I’ve ever owned 

if the new cat can have similar performance to it but be such a nicer sled to ride I’ll be happy 

Really only been around 1 semi current Cat 800.   I think its a 15.   Out of the 20 or so riders I hang with nobody buys them.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really only been around 1 semi current Cat 800.   I think its a 15.   Out of the 20 or so riders I hang with nobody buys them.

There’s a few Around here. Guys are racing the pro cross now in 500’ drags and having really good success. But they’re using the ones with the Zuk engine 

3 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

There’s a few Around here. Guys are racing the pro cross now in 500’ drags and having really good success. But they’re using the ones with the Zuk engine 

Been seeing tons more Cat's on the trails in northern Wi and UP.   With all the huge discounts from dealers like Country Cat its easy to see why.   Next year should be even more with the smoking deals Cat was giving on spring orders.   Last year was the most Cat's I've seen since the early 2000's on the trail. 

Rode my brothers 18 600.   Nice sled and corners super flat but I like a bit more ski lift on acceleration.   Doesn't even compare in ride to my doo, poo or yam.  

Honestly some of it is in the seat.   Cat engineers are behind the times in seat quality.   Makes difference on the trail.   

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Been seeing tons more Cat's on the trails in northern Wi and UP.   With all the huge discounts from dealers like Country Cat its easy to see why.   Next year should be even more with the smoking deals Cat was giving on spring orders.   Last year was the most Cat's I've seen since the early 2000's on the trail. 

Rode my brothers 18 600.   Nice sled and corners super flat but I like a bit more ski lift on acceleration.   Doesn't even compare in ride to my doo, poo or yam.   

Yeah the 2020’s are supposed to be a lot better. People who’ve tested them say the new front and is night and day better 

2 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Yeah the 2020’s are supposed to be a lot better. People who’ve tested them say the new front and is night and day better 

Really not a fair comparison with my doo or yam as they have top of the line shocks.   The poo is just a Indy 800 SP with bottom of the barrel shocks and it still out rides the two most recent cat's I've been on.  

Its really dumbfounding how fun that Indy 800 is on the trails.   Dollar for dollar one of the best sleds I've ever owned.   Its fun factor is off the charts and the only thing I've done is studding and adjust the suspension for how I want it to ride/handle.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Really not a fair comparison with my doo or yam as they have top of the line shocks.   The poo is just a Indy 800 SP with bottom of the barrel shocks and it still out rides the two most recent cat's I've been on.  

Its really dumbfounding how fun that Indy 800 is on the trails.   Dollar for dollar one of the best sleds I've ever owned.   Its fun factor is off the charts and the only thing I've done is studding and adjust the suspension for how I want it to ride/handle.  

Polaris chassis is top notch for sure just always worried about their engines 

27 minutes ago, Duke KaBoom said:

Polaris chassis is top notch for sure just always worried about their engines 

The Indy reminds me of my 03 F7 except much more stable and better riding position.   Love to have this exact sled with the current 800 or better yet the 850 engine.   

It hangs with all the current 800-850's and is down 10-20 hp.   

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The Indy reminds me of my 03 F7 except much more stable and better riding position.   Love to have this exact sled with the current 800 or better yet the 850 engine.   

It hangs with all the current 800-850's and is down 10-20 hp.   

Spot on. Gland I ordered another one. :bc: