Check your account email address ×

Arctic cat dissolve their factory race team and dept?

God damn it....I thought I submitted this days ago.

I finally spoke with the team I bought my sled from ant they laughed.  Racing is on...it was budgeting negotiations.

I also told my buddy about it who quickly called his buddy at Christian brothers and, his response to him was, and I quote, “LOL....we’re on full bore, see you in duluth!!!”

So, it appears, whatever may have been flowing through the gossip hardliners was either bullshit, exaggeration or some of both.

CAT IS IN FULL RACE MODE!!!

Side: I may be picking up 19 SXer fresh out of the crate!  Hmmmm.....that’d be a fun project.  Or frustrating?  Who wants my 17?!?!?!???

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Who wants my 17?!?!?!???

Maybe some 15 year old wannabe mohawk helmet wearing driveway jumper?

Or maybe nobody......or a small kid whose parents dont want them going fast?

Idk

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Maybe some 15 year old wannabe mohawk helmet wearing driveway jumper?

Or maybe nobody......or a small kid whose parents dont want them going fast?

Idk

Oh, there’s plenty of ex-racers and you know, REAL RIDERS, that will snatch it up.  

You need not apply.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Oh, there’s plenty of ex-racers and you know, REAL RIDERS, that will snatch it up.  

You need not apply.  :lol:

Yah....real riders that want a 70mph sled with a 30 mile range

You're MC level dumb

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

God damn it....I thought I submitted this days ago.

I finally spoke with the team I bought my sled from ant they laughed.  Racing is on...it was budgeting negotiations.

I also told my buddy about it who quickly called his buddy at Christian brothers and, his response to him was, and I quote, “LOL....we’re on full bore, see you in duluth!!!”

So, it appears, whatever may have been flowing through the gossip hardliners was either bullshit, exaggeration or some of both.

CAT IS IN FULL RACE MODE!!!

Side: I may be picking up 19 SXer fresh out of the crate!  Hmmmm.....that’d be a fun project.  Or frustrating?  Who wants my 17?!?!?!???

Why not get the 19 CC?  Change valving, gearing, and clutching if you need to.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

He likes to make things more difficult.:green:

11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not sure what I’m gonna do yet.  I think I can swap my clutching, gearing shocks, skis out with a CC no problem.  But, for what right now?  Mine is good to go for at least another season and I love the design.  Plus...I DON’T want a 137!!  

It sucks. ECM reflashing and tank limitations are a problem for converting all new SX machines now.  I’m looking at cowl design swaps right now.  I can’t see that Chrysler LeBaron light on the new Cat SX ever making me do anything other than gag.

Are you looking forward to the fist “Brisk Ride” next season?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure what I’m gonna do yet.  I think I can swap my clutching, gearing shocks, skis out with a CC no problem.  But, for what right now?  Mine is good to go for at least another season and I love the design.  Plus...I DON’T want a 137!!  

It sucks. ECM reflashing and tank limitations are a problem for converting all new SX machines now.  I’m looking at cowl design swaps right now.  I can’t see that Chrysler LeBaron light on the new Cat SX ever making me do anything other than gag.

Are you looking forward to the fist “Brisk Ride” next season?

My days of riding converted snoxers are over.  I'm happy with what I have, for now.  It will get a good going through here this fall.  Shocks are about wasted at 2 seasons and 3500 miles.  Sending them to Carver for a refresh.

I'll be up there at the first sign of rideable snow.  First "brisker" is a for sure.  Lots of fun with those guys.  It was a tough one last year with late snow and all the traffic.  Mile after mile of moguls in the afternoon.  Hopefully this year is better.  Probably start heading up more Thursday nights after work to get a full day riding in on Friday before the crowds.

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

My days of riding converted snoxers are over.  I'm happy with what I have, for now.  It will get a good going through here this fall.  Shocks are about wasted at 2 seasons and 3500 miles.  Sending them to Carver for a refresh.

I'll be up there at the first sign of rideable snow.  First "brisker" is a for sure.  Lots of fun with those guys.  It was a tough one last year with late snow and all the traffic.  Mile after mile of moguls in the afternoon.  Hopefully this year is better.  Probably start heading up more Thursday nights after work to get a full day riding in on Friday before the crowds.

You ride a converted racer already. It’s a Cat!  :bc:

I’ll be partaking in the “Briskers” that start in Two Harbors.  Maybe Silver Bay but, I’m not driving too far to ride when I can ride from my driveway on the trails I enjoy.  I’ll drag my racing buddy with me if I can.  He’s a fucking hoot.  I made him rear end “D” once.  I laughed so hard I almost passed out, then ten minutes later while trying to fix his broken throttle block, he fired it up and ran me over making me do a cartwheel off the trail.  I think “D” almost passed out laughing.

:lol: Good times.

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You ride a converted racer already. It’s a Cat!  :bc:

I’ll be partaking in the “Briskers” that start in Two Harbors.  Maybe Silver Bay but, I’m not driving too far to ride when I can ride from my driveway on the trails I enjoy.  I’ll drag my racing buddy with me if I can.  He’s a fucking hoot.  I made him rear end “D” once.  I laughed so hard I almost passed out, then ten minutes later while trying to fix his broken throttle block, he fired it up and ran me over making me do a cartwheel off the trail.  I think “D” almost passed out laughing.

:lol: Good times.

Probably the only reason this one is still straight.  I had a few instances that tested the structural integrity last year.  :lol: 

Don't blame you for not wanting to trailer too much.  I'm already in the truck with all my stuff loaded up so might as well keep going. 

Silver Bay is good, same thing with Tofte.  I really like running up the Gunflint from Grand Marais though.  The Portage was a riot too.