Check your account email address ×

labor ready

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

collection of drunks druggies and illegals.  perfect base to grab workers from.  

That's what I figured and that's whats scaring me. Last thing I need is one going back to a job after hrs and robbing the place.

Both of my sons have worked for labor temps while back from school. Look into getting a couple of collage kids. My oldest son used to work for my buddies irrigation during summer break. It worked out well for both of them. 

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

collection of drunks druggies and illegals.  perfect base to grab workers from.  

You are thinking of day laborers that hang out in the HD parking lot.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You are thinking of day laborers that hang out in the HD parking lot.

i'm assuming he's talking the one in Manchester and the guy i know who was running one of their offices was a drunk and druggie like most of his workers.  we don't really see the HD day labor around here.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm assuming he's talking the one in Manchester and the guy i know who was running one of their offices was a drunk and druggie like most of his workers.  we don't really see the HD day labor around here.  

Was prolly gonna go with the one in Lowell. Just as bad im sure.

I've tried the temp labour places a few times. None of them have a drivers license so you have to pick them up. They want to be dropped back off at the temp office by 430 because then they get paid the same day. They are always limited skills, limit intelligence, limited physically, etc. The next day they won't be available because they are still recovering from the drugs they bought so now you get new people to train.

Around here you are better off finding the connection to the Mexicans. We have a guy named Chico who runs the Mexican temp labourers in Southern Ontario. You call, they drop off the Mexicans at your door. They work hard, speak enough English to get by, they appreciate the work and if you like them, they come back the next day. If you don't, they bring you new guys. $20/hr for a laborer, $22 for one with a license.

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Also known as "rent a drunk" better off going to home Depot and picking up a couple illegals for the day. 

i wish we had those around here I'd grab a couple to spread mulch.  Lowell or Nashua might have them though for Steve.    

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i wish we had those around here I'd grab a couple to spread mulch.  Lowell or Nashua might have them though for Steve.    

some associations won't let you bring them in. if you as a home owner do it is all on you personally.  a lot of personal injury bullshit suits going on with those people I guess .

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I seen em everywhere on jobsites, but never roadside looking for work as Ive seen in NY.

19 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

At any given time we have 50 temp employees on the floor. 40 of them are not worth the air they breathe... 

Similar experience, but 20% of them being worth while might be generous.  

On 6/6/2019 at 10:15 PM, Blackstar said:

I've tried the temp labour places a few times. None of them have a drivers license so you have to pick them up. They want to be dropped back off at the temp office by 430 because then they get paid the same day. They are always limited skills, limit intelligence, limited physically, etc. The next day they won't be available because they are still recovering from the drugs they bought so now you get new people to train.

Around here you are better off finding the connection to the Mexicans. We have a guy named Chico who runs the Mexican temp labourers in Southern Ontario. You call, they drop off the Mexicans at your door. They work hard, speak enough English to get by, they appreciate the work and if you like them, they come back the next day. If you don't, they bring you new guys. $20/hr for a laborer, $22 for one with a license.

That’s how it works in Chicago.