Check your account email address ×

Zero loss of Ice for 13 years

Browse: Home / 2019 / June / 04 / Climate Scientists Astounded…No Arctic Ice Loss In 13 Years… Early June Arctic Ice Growing!

Climate Scientists Astounded…No Arctic Ice Loss In 13 Years… Early June Arctic Ice Growing!

By P Gosselin on 4. June 2019

Share this...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Data by the Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) show that Arctic sea ice stopped shrinking 13 years ago, defying earlier predictions made by climate scientists and models.

By Kirye
and Pierre Gosselin

A few days ago we showed how Antarctica’s coastal stations were in fact coolingsomewhat rather than warming. This came as a surprise to many.

And now that it’s June 1st, with the Arctic melt season starting in earnest, it is a good time to check Arctic ice volume. Here as well we find an equally surprising trend. Instead of shrinking rapidly — as is often claimed by the .global warming by alarmist scientists and the click-sleaze media — Arctic sea ice volume has not shrunk in 13 years!

Volume-2006-2019-1-768x677.png

Surprise. Arctic sea ice volume has not fallen in 13 years. Data source: Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI).

As the above chart shows, the ice has in reality even grown a bit!

This is why today it’s more important than ever to keep the focus on the real data and not the hysterical headlines that currently dominate the hype-filled media.

And when we look at Arctic sea ice volume each year for June 1st this decade and plot it, we get the following:

2019-volume-1-June-768x570.png

June 1st Arctic ice volume on June 1st has increased so far this decade. Data: DMI.

Lo and behold: the chart above shows that early June ice volume has trended up over the current decade.

How can anyone say the Arctic ice has been rapidly melting recently? The answer is that they can’t. Anyone claiming otherwise is just plain lying.

https://notrickszone.com/2019/06/04/climate-scientists-astounded-no-arctic-ice-loss-in-13-years-early-june-arctic-ice-growing/

Meanwhile glaciers are melting at a record pace

Graphic: Dramatic glacier melt

Now you see it, now you don't - Climate 365 graphic

There’s nothing quite like historical photos of glaciers to show what a dynamic planet we live on. Alaska’s Muir Glacier, like many Alaskan glaciers, has retreated and thinned dramatically since the 19th century.

This particular pair of images shows the glacier’s continued retreat and thinning in the second half of the 20th century. From 1941 to 2004, the front of the glacier moved back about seven miles while its thickness decreased by more than 2,625 feet, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

While historical photos like these show change over many decades, satellites are giving us a better understanding of how Earth’s ice cover has changed in the more recent past. The satellite era, beginning in the 1970s, has given us a picture of accelerating ice changes in places like Alaska, Greenland and Antarctica, where the loss of land-based ice is contributing to global sea level rise.

Forty-six gigatons of ice from Alaskan glaciers was lost on average each year from 2003 to 2010. That’s according to data from NASA’s GRACE satellite, as analyzed by a team of scientists from the University of Colorado at Boulder.

You can also find this graphic on NASA’s Climate 365 Tumblr page.

H

Just now, Anler said:

Meanwhile glaciers are melting at a record pace

Graphic: Dramatic glacier melt

Now you see it, now you don't - Climate 365 graphic

There’s nothing quite like historical photos of glaciers to show what a dynamic planet we live on. Alaska’s Muir Glacier, like many Alaskan glaciers, has retreated and thinned dramatically since the 19th century.

This particular pair of images shows the glacier’s continued retreat and thinning in the second half of the 20th century. From 1941 to 2004, the front of the glacier moved back about seven miles while its thickness decreased by more than 2,625 feet, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

While historical photos like these show change over many decades, satellites are giving us a better understanding of how Earth’s ice cover has changed in the more recent past. The satellite era, beginning in the 1970s, has given us a picture of accelerating ice changes in places like Alaska, Greenland and Antarctica, where the loss of land-based ice is contributing to global sea level rise.

Forty-six gigatons of ice from Alaskan glaciers was lost on average each year from 2003 to 2010. That’s according to data from NASA’s GRACE satellite, as analyzed by a team of scientists from the University of Colorado at Boulder.

You can also find this graphic on NASA’s Climate 365 Tumblr page.

HA HA HA HA HA NASA is a fraud institution that has been caught lying about Climate Data.

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

H

HA HA HA HA HA NASA is a fraud institution that has been caught lying about Climate Data.

I have actually visited some of the glaciers in Alaska and they have stakes with the year located where the glacier was that year. At one park they have pictures. They are melting fast. I dont need climate data to see. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

I have actually visited some of the glaciers in Alaska and they have stakes with the year located where the glacier was that year. At one park they have pictures. They are melting fast. I dont need climate data to see. 

You missed the point. They are melting becuase they are a result of an iceage. Are we living in an iceage currently? 

Just now, Anler said:

By hiding the warm years before 1979, alarmists create the big lie via sins of omission.

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

You missed the point. They are melting becuase they are a result of an iceage. Are we living in an iceage currently? 

Hey bro, ice is melting all over. Its pretty easy to see I dont need an article. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey bro, ice is melting all over. Its pretty easy to see I dont need an article. 

A lot of North American was covered under a huge ice sheet. It’s still melting from the last ice age 

it’s just all the amarmists predictions haven’t came true 

Just now, DUMPY said:

A lot of North American was covered under a huge ice sheet. It’s still melting from the last ice age 

it’s just all the amarmists predictions haven’t came true 

yes its been melting for 10,000 years. What is your point? 

16 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

You made my point then asked me what my point was? 

Follow along dummy. JT Twitty said ice isn't melting, I said it is. What is your argument here?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Follow along dummy. JT Twitty said ice isn't melting, I said it is. What is your argument here?

That's not what I said. I said it's not melting for the reasons people push. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

It's part of nature. What happened to the last ice age? Was it Fred & Barney with their foot powered cars?

Fuck, smarten up !!!!

Yeah and that asshole Mr. Slate!!!!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Anler said:

THey are. And our 2 biggest economic threats , China and India get their water from the same glacier. Let those fuckers melt.