Check your account email address ×

f7ben....back in the saddle!!111

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Beast 

Car is legit quick.....shift from first to second at 8200 result is one hell of a second gear pull. I properly whooped the car for 50 miles today and it ate it up.

I am getting some pulsing in the brakes slowing from 100+ so add brakes to the list of things to get done soon

51 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Hopefully with such low power you won't crash it!!! 

Its about the same hp as the vette give or take. This car is about 10000x the car that vette was

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Car is legit quick.....shift from first to second at 8200 result is one hell of a second gear pull. I properly whooped the car for 50 miles today and it ate it up.

I am getting some pulsing in the brakes slowing from 100+ so add brakes to the list of things to get done soon

Brakes are for pussies!

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its about the same hp as the vette give or take. This car is about 10000x the car that vette was

That Vette must have been a real pile of shit.  What “improvements” did you do to it?

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That Vette must have been a real pile of shit.  What “improvements” did you do to it?

:lol:

Well....it was a really well sorted c5 vette with a pro charger making 8lbs boost.

Any vette prior to c7 is an I'll handling pile of fuck. Gives you zero feedback when it's at the edge. Just massive snap oversteer and pathetic weight distribution. 

Driving this bmw is about 1 million times better than any vette ive driven and there has been a bunch

Edited by f7ben

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Best prices I found. 

https://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/k/bmw/2006/1432667-m5/brake rotor

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well....it was a really well sorted c5 vette with a pro charger making 8lbs boost.

Any vette prior to c7 is an I'll handling pile of fuck. Gives you zero feedback when it's at the edge. Just massive snap oversteer and pathetic weight distribution. 

Driving this bmw is about 1 million times better than any vette ive driven and there has been a bunch

I raced mine.  Both auto-X and track.   Never wrecked.  Trying to compare that and a vette is hilarious.  But, we all gotta do what gives us a warm and fuzzy!

The 540i I bought years ago was for my wife.  :lol:

Just now, spin_dry said:

Zimmerman makes good stuff. Fully coated for corrosion protection. German made and a supplier for bmw 

Wonder if they make control arms?

Just now, f7ben said:

Wonder if they make control arms?

TRW makes BMW control arms. You can get them for 50% less in some cases. I bought a set of TRW M control arms for my old 135. The bmw logo was ground off.  

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

20190520_200848.jpg

I don't know how you do it:

You just moved to Mn. from Indiana.

You moved into a new house.

You sell your meat.

You make salsa and mix it with your dick.

You have all kinds of mechanical projects.

You bought a used car that needs a lot of work.

I just don't know where you have the time, energy and know-how to do all this shit. 

Oh, and you even find time to let " Big Mike " Polubinski  saddle up and jam your scrawny ass with his " SPECIAL KIELBASA SUPREME "!!!   

49 minutes ago, s pump said:

You should only need bushings as I recall.

Control arms are replaced as a unit. M style control arms have a stiffer bushing material. I believe the trailing arm bushings are replaceable. 

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Why was the front passenger door and front fender re-painted ? How bad was the accident it was in ? Does it have a clear title ?

It’s a baller car bought for pennies on the dollar. I don’t think he was expecting perfection...

:dunno: 

36 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Why was the front passenger door and front fender re-painted ? How bad was the accident it was in ? Does it have a clear title ?

It wasnt

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Control arms are replaced as a unit. M style control arms have a stiffer bushing material. I believe the trailing arm bushings are replaceable. 

My 328 and had replaceable bushings but most kits included the control arm because they were tiny. My X5 had big bushings. Both needed replacement.